• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Differences in the PAL version?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
This is topic to talk about potential differences in Australian and European versions of the games.

In the 3DS version, every single trophy had a different desciptions.

My biggest curiosity is with Palutena's guidence, will the Koopalings be called Bowser's Minions? Because saying "The relationship between Bowser and Bowser's minions is still quite a mystery" Would sound incredibly odd.

And stages are probably going to have different names, some differences could be seen in the april direct

Palutena's Temple - skyworld
Dream Home - Homewelcoming party (Or something similar)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Apparently the boxing ring titles are different

Mega Man gets the Blue Bomber :)
Larry gets leader of 7 minions -.-

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
My biggest curiosity is with Palutena's guidence, will the Koopalings be called Bowser's Minions? Because saying "The relationship between Bowser and Bowser's minions is still quite a mystery" Would sound incredibly odd.
Well, I haven't seen the European or Australian versions, but I would think an easy way to remedy that would simply be to say "Bowser and his minions."

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
It would sound incredibly odd hearing the Koopalings being called lowly minions since they are the third highest ranking members in the Koopa Troop. I think the only person ranked higher than them is Kamek.

:4bowser: interacting with his minions is a mystery? He mostly talked to them in the Mario RPG series as a great, but short tempered leader so we all know how well he treats them. :4ganondorf: on the other hand. Most other villains here have never been seen talking to their lowly servants (except for King K. Rool,) and treat them badly. Willy never gets in conversations with his. Mother Brain doesn't, Andross never will, and :4wario2: certainly won't.

R0Y

Smash Master
Apparently Palutena's Temple is known as Skyworld in the European English dub. The returning stage of the same name becomes Skyworld (Brawl).

Can anyone confirm this? It was the case in the April Direct but it may have changed. Pretty sure other European languages call it the equivalent of "Palutena's Temple."

the8thark

Smash Lord
The game names in the PAL version use their European/Australian names.

Kirby's Superstar is Kirby's FunPack in the EU/Aus
Star Fox is Starwing in the EU/Aus
Star Fox 64 is Lylat Wars

Not sure if there is anymore instances of this happening in the game.

The home run contest uses metres in the PAL version and not feet.

AveryisAwesome

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Kingytp546
The game names in the PAL version use their European/Australian names.

Kirby's Superstar is Kirby's FunPack in the EU/Aus
Star Fox is Starwing in the EU/Aus
Star Fox 64 is Lylat Wars

Not sure if there is anymore instances of this happening in the game.

The home run contest uses metres in the PAL version and not feet.
Sounds like the PAL version of games are better than U.S games.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Sounds like the PAL version of games are better than U.S games.
Nah. It's just in some regions some names for games are already trademarked by other people so Nintendo have to use slightly different names in the PAL regions. Same games just different names. Lylat Wars was the last Star Fox game to have this issue. Soon after that Nintendo got the rights to the words "Star Fox" in the PAL regions so their names could be globally the same name from then on.

it's happened with other Nintendo games developed by others too.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Apparently Palutena's Temple is known as Skyworld in the European English dub. The returning stage of the same name becomes Skyworld (Brawl).

Can anyone confirm this? It was the case in the April Direct but it may have changed. Pretty sure other European languages call it the equivalent of "Palutena's Temple."
In the 50-fact extravaganza, Palutena's Temple is referred by the same name in PAL languages.

It was labelled as Skyworld in the April Direct, but they changed it. Probably, they didn't know Brawl's Skyworld would be returning back then.

I don't own the game, though.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
Well, I know for sure that in the american version Duck Hunt's name is Duck Hunt.
And in the european version their name is Duck Hunt Duo

u jelly :troll:

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
The Earthbound Masterpiece mentions it got released in 2013 instead of 1995.

Also quite a few loading screen trivias gets changed to reflect european dates, mainly with fighter's debuts and such.

And yes we get Palutena's Temple as the name of the huge stage and not Skyworld.

Last edited:

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
The Earthbound Masterpiece mentions it got released in 2013 instead of 1995.
Oh, I get it...
According to Wikipedia

the game did not receive a European release.
But it got released in the EU on virtual console.
It's pretty cool that they didn't forget that, so kudos to you Nintendo.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
Also by the way, on the 3DS North America version, Smash mode is capitalized "SMASH" while on the European version, it's just "Smash"

I'm jelly :psycho:

Squadaloo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RodRodney
But by calling it Duo, they're leaving out the poor mysterious guy with the zapper doing Smash attacks...

Top Bottom