• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy's.......

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Okay, so I been on the diddy boards many times.....and read stuff about his Meta game, and about Auto Pilot-ing, etc. I've seen what diddy can do to recover...and blah blah blah.........
I don't remember even once seeing something about his Wall Cling. Does his Wall cling suck? Because I use it.....and it's not a bad option. Why does no one use it?

If it doesn't "Suck"......then.....use diddy's wall cling!

Player-1

Smash Legend
i use it to stay off the groun/mindgames, kind of like how any char with multiple jumps would mindgame their opponent, plus recovering on rc

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Wall clinging isn't that useful other than to play mindgames, like Ledge Drop > Wall Cling on Yoshi's or FD. It also helps you turn around and pull a Banana onstage, but that could be said for any Wall Jump. In fact, Wall Clinging really is just a novel way of delaying your Wall Jump; anything useful you can do out of a Wall Jump can be done with a Wall Cling.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
its lol when u miss a wallcling and lose ur 2nd jump same time xD

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
Do you categorize wall jumping an stuff with this? I do both, but just wondering lol.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
If you keep sayin that and never try it out in multiple situations...then you'll never know.

So all of Diddys should try it in Friendlies!
We have been... It's just a Wall Jump that allows opponents more time to approach while you're stuck to a wall. It's useful for mindgames ONLY, and that's a fact. There is no AT that I could see ever becoming useful that involves Wall Clinging, simply due to the fact that there are almost no walls to be found in competitive play thanks to Dedede. Without these, Wall Clinging is all but useless. (in other words, go yell in the Dedede social thread for bringing the "Wall Cling metagame" to a standstill :laugh:)

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Yesterday on rainbow I pulled some super sweet **** with one of the walls. I rode one of those drop blocks down early and clung to the wall,(right before you descend back to the boat) and when my opponent (a d3) tried to punish it I spiked him...prolly never gonna happen again...but still lol.

Anybody else pull of cool wall cling mind game trixies?

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I use it on RC and that's pretty much it lol. SOMETIMES on stages like BF or Yoshi's but I walljump more anyway. On RC, I just do stuff like what Sai mentioned (except without the punishing into a spike and more for just avoiding a certain character from punishing me).

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
If there's something I learned from wallclinging with the best wallclinger in the game (lucario), it's this:

take caution, it's mindgames and all that, but if you get footstooled (yes, you can get footstooled while you're clinging to a wall), yikes. X_X

DFEAR

Smash Hero
on delfino

^this transformation part

diddy can actually save him self from spikes or w.e vertical depression by wall clinging and jumping INFINITELY up RIGHT/LEFT towards the outer walls, it takes a little while but you have infinite wall jumps you monkey.

you can also apply this to yoshi's island.

good find/****.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I thought you weren't able to jump off the same wall twice in a row. Is it different with wall clings?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
go into stage builder and create a giant L, i bet you can get to the very top just by

SH wall cling > wall jump while holding towards the wall > wall cling again > wall jump while holding towards the wall > double jump up and towards the wall > wall cling > wall jump > repeat....

for some reason you eventually get your double jump back LAWL

dood, diddy is a monkey...he can climb :3

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yeah, you aren't allowed to jump off the same wall twice in a row for a certain amount of time, but wall clinging eliminates that
exactly...and diddy has a very long wall cling...sssss

and getting random double jumps is cool too...

so if u ever get spike through the platform for w.e reason or want to stall...di yourself to a wall and climb...works really well in yoshi's island too.

its cool to see yourself tech and wall cling instead lol

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
on delfino

^this transformation part

diddy can actually save him self from spikes or w.e vertical depression by wall clinging and jumping INFINITELY up RIGHT/LEFT towards the outer walls, it takes a little while but you have infinite wall jumps you monkey.

you can also apply this to yoshi's island.

good find/****.
Are you sure? Last I checked the walls below the platforms were designated "NO WALL JUMP" zones.

Also, good luck with Yoshi's.

Diddy Kong's wall cling is for mindgames only. Quite honestly, he doesn't get enough distance out of his recovery in order to actually cling to a wall for recovery purposes. Simply put, if he can cling, he should just go for the stage or the ledge anyways.

Also, pressing towards the wall and jump will perform a backwards double jump from the wall. Pressing away from the wall and jump will perform the character's standard wall jump. Wall clinging and wall jumping are on two separate timers, so by alternating them you can theoretically climb walls, but you realistically won't. Maybe you'll save yourself from a falco spike by monkey flipping to the side of Yoshi's once or twice in your smash career if you're lucky, but quite honestly I don't think it's all that probable...

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I was wondering how my friend (who play Sheik) kept infinite Wall Jumping; that's actually pretty good to know O.o Too bad there are almost no tall walls in standard tournament play :(

DFEAR

Smash Hero
who gets spiked by falco lol...just sdi

all this info is just for fun/mindgames anyway nothing serious or gamebreaking

Top Bottom