• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy's Recovery !!Help !

Megamegaman

Smash Apprentice
Hi !

I'm new at diddy and i've already read all of the smash boards guides but still have a problem with his recovery =/

Against MK, for example, he just go near me when off the plataform and ***** my up B or, then, he edgehog the ledge and I can't grab it =/

Please, what do you do to make diddy's recovery the best way !

Tnx !

ice_cream_man

Smash Journeyman
Wait until your down below the stage to do you up b. Don't do it when your to the side of the stage. It's much more protective if you do you over b first, then you jump, then wait till your below the stage to up b.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
Also charge it a little more than you need to, because if the ledge gets grabbed then you'll die. If you charge it more you'll go over the edge and you can land onstage. Works best if you angle it a tiny bit.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
always side b to get soem distance obviously but after you do, dont hit a or b beause he will do the ninja kick and you will not be able to do ur up b. if u think u can do it safely if u get knocked of the stage and ur on your way back, and u still have another jump somethign i liek to do is pull out a banana and jump backwards and z catch it. you should still be able to get back to the stage after you have caught the banana and can provide soem help if your oppenent trys to edgeguard you.

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
Learn to recover from under Final Destination's lip. You can use the Monkey Flip to wall stall on the stage, and use a wall jump to gain the perfect ledge grabbing height. Also, from under the lip, you can angle the Rocket Barrels ever so slightly and odds are with your opponent not expecting you to grab the edge.

PurityX

Smash Cadet
Go below the stage, and then use your UpB so that you don't get hit by any oncoming moves. (turnips, cough)

Top Bottom