• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy's pocket character

Sir Ught

Smash Cadet
Hey bros! So I am relatively new to P:M but I've been practicing a looooooot with Diddy. I've been practicing so much with him that I forgot to practice with anyone else and now I whenever I play another character, I instinctively play them like Diddy... Soooooo, I've decided I need to start playing with some other characters too, but I'm not sure if there are any good options to counter Diddy's bad MUs. Do any of you have any suggestions?

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
just fyi diddy's pocket characters are bananers

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I think samus is a great pocket character for him, covering the marth, shiek, falcon, pit and ivy mus, while doing better against mario fox m2 sonic and ike.

Samus has a much different play style though, so switching between the two could be hard.

Sir Ught

Smash Cadet
I think samus is a great pocket character for him, covering the marth, shiek, falcon, pit and ivy mus, while doing better against mario fox m2 sonic and ike.

Samus has a much different play style though, so switching between the two could be hard.
I think Samus is the character I've literally played less than any other character. I'll definitely give her a shot though and see how it goes!

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
Samus is an extremely hard switch to make lol, though samus is a very good choice if you can pull it off. Notice good floaty characters tend to be the best compliment for diddy mains to cover bad matchups. May need another if pmbr goes overboard with their 3.5 idea. Long charge time mediocre sweet spot and shortened distance on up b will be quite the chore.

Sir Ught

Smash Cadet
Samus is an extremely hard switch to make lol, though samus is a very good choice if you can pull it off. Notice good floaty characters tend to be the best compliment for diddy mains to cover bad matchups. May need another if pmbr goes overboard with their 3.5 idea. Long charge time mediocre sweet spot and shortened distance on up b will be quite the chore.
Having a floater compliment Diddy makes sense. I've been a fan of luigi in the past so maybe I'll see if he will work out for me again. Thank you guys for your help!

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer

Wait, Samus is a Marth counter? Why?

I'm thinking of picking up Peach just because of my history (and because I avoided her to keep from messing up my Brawl Peach but I don't think I'm going back now). But she's soooo weird compared to Brawl for me.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Wait, Samus is a Marth counter? Why?

I'm thinking of picking up Peach just because of my history (and because I avoided her to keep from messing up my Brawl Peach but I don't think I'm going back now). But she's soooo weird compared to Brawl for me.
Marth beat samus in Melee because Marth out-neutraled her. DD-dtilt was better than samus's WD-ftilt, and marths good crouch/low profile dash made powershielding pretty trivial with some practice. Basically samus had to comit to something to make any lee-way in the MU, and marth punishes her very hard with juggles. it was 60-40 marth.

In pm, i think a combination of the larger stages, general buffs, crawling, and most importantly Zair gives samus the tools to survive in neutral. I think its 50/50 in pm, mostly due to Zair being so flexible and non-commital against marth (he doesn't have the reach/frames to punish it with a WD-OoS from the longer ranges).

floaties make good compliments to Diddy in MU spreads imo.

Top Bottom