• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

diddy's gonna have nasty mindgames!!

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
did you check out that nasty dash dancing in the nick vs lucky MM. i say diddy is going to be a very tricky opponent to fight. once we master him, i think opponents will find it hard to keep up. very agile and combo'ey means they'll have a tough time hitting him. you agree?...peace

-hiro

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Before diddy Kong was revealed his fanbase already predicted he would be a fierce competitor. Evidentially we were right.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
after watching that video several times, I agree. Diddy has so much speed, and seems very unpredictable, I forsee good things coming from this...

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
I'm maining Diddy kong simply because of his Donkey kong country 2. He's earned my respect.

So far his moveset looks good. Yes, even his down B, which I think is also great.

The Director

Smash Lord
I'm maining Diddy kong simply because of his Donkey kong country 2. He's earned my respect.
Same here. Best game on SNES. (arguable, but that's what I think) After that game, Diddy became my fav. video game character and has been since. My mainage for Brawl is set.

I still think that MetaKnight's ridiculously low frame attacks will be a problem for Diddy (and every character in general). I don't think I ever played Nick's Diddy at all. I demand an online match!!

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I liked Diddy the first time I saw him, a little chimp in a red cap doing cartwheels for his attack? Beastly. He and Sonic are going to be my main mains =]

KeasbeyNite

Smash Rookie
Diddy's going to be pure ownage in brawl. His attacks are hella fast, nice high jumps, combo machine(from what I saw in the video), and really good specials(< b FTW!!). Ima be maining Diddy and my secondary will be Dedede(just cause he's pure pwnage aswell)Xp

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
Bleh. Diddy didn't truly debut in Diddy kong racing.

If you grew up around SNES like I did, and had Donkey Kong country, and experienced the feeling of Donkey kong country 2: Diddy's Kong quest, you'd know how truly epic he is.

Cartwheel as his running attack? : D

Bottles98

Smash Cadet
Anyone who has not played the DKCs (specifically, Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest) needs to now.

Ca$hoholic

Smash Journeyman
The Cold north! even though it is pretty hot...
Same here. Best game on SNES. (arguable, but that's what I think) After that game, Diddy became my fav. video game character and has been since. My mainage for Brawl is set.
Agree 100% right there, best game ever on SNES ^_^ But im maining Donkey Kong and will put diddy on 5th/ 4th place i believe!

agrees with the person above too!

Luigi player

Smash Master
Hmm... I couldn't really see what's happening in the video.

And I also love Diddy since DKC2... it was one of my favourite games of all time... I already beat it some years ago and I think I traded it for DKC3. DKC3 was really good too, but after a while I always remembered how ****ing awesome DKC2 was and I always wanted to have it again. The games has so awesome graphics, music, gameplay, ... it's just awesome!

Now I have the game again... I always loved the Bramble Blast stages... they were so beautiful and had so good music. I'm so happy that Brawl has this music :)

Anyway, this game made me love Diddy and that's why he'll be one of my mains!

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
I still think that MetaKnight's ridiculously low frame attacks will be a problem for Diddy (and every character in general). I don't think I ever played Nick's Diddy at all. I demand an online match!!
I believe Nick will be a very highly respected Diddy player.

BTW, get back on topic about his mindgames...
Everyone seemed to go off topic somehow...

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Pretty much always tagged off to Diddy in DKC games, and I loved to use him in Diddy Kong racing.

In DK64, in those battle modes, I always used Diddy and his two pistols/backflipping skills against some old mates.

Anyways, his DD is incredible, and his fast falling/aerial game will make him very fierce in 1v1...
Cheers.

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
Ah, I got it mixed up with "Down directional" or "Down smash".

Too many meanings these days. Peaches PPTUGNMSOWLDGTSDE.

But yeah Dash would have been easier. : D

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
So ... now that DD seems to be out, will his mindgames still be as nasty? >.>

What do you think? Or am I misinformed?

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
ya no question i cant wait to get the game and get to work on using Diddy to many characters to use all kinds of time.

:034:

Smash Hero
Dash Dancing is still in, but in a different form.

EDIT; Diddy does look sick, he could very well be one of the best characters in the game. In my opinion, definite high tier material, but it's far too early to tell, of course.

Top Bottom