• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy's disadvantages

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
Diddy has disadvantages on certain stages. Battlefield gives a disadvantage because, if you happen to hit your opponent or when he shields your bananas, it goes up and goes onto the platform. Making the banana more of a hassle to get. Same with smashville a little bit. If the moving platform seems to be next to you, the banana might go on the platform when you pull it out, causing a hassle. Same with yoshis island.
Discuss :D

saberhof

Smash Master
yeah thats a diddy that only rely s on bananas, you gotta learn other stuff, like his uber broken dash attack...

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
you mean the dash attack that everyone knows how to shield grab now?

its not broken. it's def good though, but you can win tourneys with Diddy without bananas.

btnboi55

Smash Rookie
lol dont pay much attention to dark element he goes by facts more then on how to work around people and adjust to the way he plays he'll bring out his logic book to see if its a better bet against the character.. and see how he trys to play it of " he needs his banana's " ? well u just said he has a disadvantage wen u can just short hope and air dodges to grab them quickly but yea thas just me :]

IDK

Smash Lord
the smash n00b just owned you dark element. im sorry. 0wned. with a 0.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I find Diddy's worst weakness is his lack of approaching, his best approach is, in my opinion, his bananas, but cans till be hard against people with projectiles.

I also usually do better on battlefield than final destination. The platforms can usually help my combos, or give me some mindgame tatics. Did you know that i you were right below a banana from a platform and someone grabs you, they will most likely slip from the banana above them? The taller people, like snake and Dk I also find this useful when they to their Utilt or Usmash. Maybe it's just me but I love playing on battlefield with Diddy

btnboi55

Smash Rookie
LOL HAHA dont take it serious im playing hahahahahaha mann i didnt think anyone would respond like that

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I find Diddy's worst weakness is his lack of approaching, his best approach is, in my opinion, his bananas, but cans till be hard against people with projectiles.

I also usually do better on battlefield than final destination. The platforms can usually help my combos, or give me some mindgame tatics. Did you know that i you were right below a banana from a platform and someone grabs you, they will most likely slip from the banana above them? The taller people, like snake and Dk I also find this useful when they to their Utilt or Usmash. Maybe it's just me but I love playing on battlefield with Diddy
lol, it is just you

i dont HATE battlefield, but i'd prefer FD and smashville

Omega Deman

Smash Apprentice
Diddy is disadvanted against floaters on Lylat Cruise. Bananas are constantly lost on platforms and upB recovery becomes a bit more difficult due to shift edge. Floaters such as kirby, MK, and Lucario.

blazeboi72

Smash Rookie
the bananas are wat make diddy a monkey but yea u do have 2 learn 2 use him without the bananas. i guess there option

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Why is it that a lot of threads are becoming banana debates?

The banana's aren't really a pain to reclaim from platforms if, you know, you jump and midair grab them whether they are still airborne or sitting on the platform won't matter. :dizzy:

Honestly, I think some of the even more basic things like picking up items need to be relearned by those who didn't play melee.

EDIT:
lol saberhof.

Top Bottom