• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Mains: Introduce Yourself!

Tigrex777

Smash Rookie
Gamertag: Tigrexkiller777
---Region: Atlantic South (Alabama)
Favorite Diddy color: Purple
Favorite Stages: Smashville, PS1
Other Info: I've been playing competitively since last year with a friend. I always loved playing Diddy even when I wasn't competitive. I also co-main ZSS but she has never done as well as my Diddy has so I don't know how long this will last. I try to stay as competitive as possible considering I live in a small town where mostly nobody plays. Luckily, I have my Toon Link maining friend to play on the regular. I'm trying to get better as a Diddy main. I feel I have a lot to still learn. My goal is to be a great player that people can recognize. I'm not too set on being the best.

I don't have too much tournament experience so I won't post a lot. I need more tournies under my belt before I feel I can be useful to the community.

joshcorris

Smash Cadet
Guess we're still doing this?
Gamertag: Josh Corris (JOSH), same as my real name, easy guy to remember.
Country/ Region: USA, New Jersey/ Jersey Shore area
Favorite Default Diddy Color: I like them all. I alternate.
Favorite Stage: Final Destination of course. I never would have imagined there were so many Diddy mains who preferred Frigate and Delfino...
Other: I'm really not very good... I play tournaments when I can. I'm a big enough fan of the game that I can overlook my sh***y placings at pro tournaments in exchange for the priviledge to watch the best in the league. I don't get to practice against people much, and fighting the computer on a routine basis does more to harm me than help me. Nonetheless, I'm an avid/vehement fan of the game, and while I play what I would assess to be an above average Diddy Kong at best (maybe a 6/10), I feel my knowledge of the game supercedes my skill, and I make a better coach and/or analyst than serious player- thus do I feel I could contribute much to the boards. My goal as a Diddy main is to someday have the priviledge of playing a few Diddy dittos with ADHD, because his Diddy Kong is simply incedible, and I feel even a few friendlies could teach me a lot. And, I realize I am without an avatar, and thereby somewhat easy to overlook on this page, but I'm near completion with a drawing of Diddy I'm doing that will remedy the avatar situation very soon. Finally want to say it's good to meet you all and I'm always down to play friendlies with and/or discuss Diddy Kong play with any fellow Diddys, and if I see any of you at tournaments I'd love to go a few matches with the Diddy ditto (I know some Diddys don't care for the mirror match, but I frankly very much enjoy the struggle to maintain control of the 4 bananas).

Vega4

Smash Ace
Some new people here, but why even introduce yourself if you are not even going to post anymore in Diddy Boards...?

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Gamertag: Nkuilo890 or Rolex890
---Region: Atlantic South
Favorite Default Diddy Color: Red
Favorite Stage: Luigi's Mansion, Battlefield, or Frigate Orpheon
Other Info: I'm still learning how to use Diddy. I mained with Wario for a long time before switching to Diddy as my main, with Wario as a secondary main (though I still favor Wario slightly, because I know him a little better). I have to get the hang of the bananas he uses, though I definitely know how to use his peanut gun and Monkey Flip right. Since the banana game is an enormous factor in any MU, I have a long ways to go.

joshcorris

Smash Cadet
Some new people here, but why even introduce yourself if you are not even going to post anymore in Diddy Boards...?
I don't understand Smashboards contributors who feel the need to be derisive. Does that make you feel better about yourself?
Recall, Vega, the name of the thread is "Diddy Kong Mains: Introduce Yourself!" It makes no mention of the necessity for contribution to the threads by any of the Diddy mains utilizing this particular thread to introduce themselves, it merely implies that this is a forum in which the various Diddy mains can get to know one another; ergo, not a good thread to be displaying hostility. Obviously, it would be preferred if everyone contributed to the various Diddy discussions, but a lot of these people are coming here to learn as well, and I don't see why that should exempt them from introducing themselves to/establishing rapport with the Diddy Kong community. We all share a common bond in that we main the coolest character in Nintendo's history. So let's all get to know each other and be friendly.

JB IV

Smash Cadet
Before this gets out of hand, I recently introduced myself and (so far) have almost no posts. While I won't post thousands of comments on the boards I figured that if I do become more active then people should know who I am. I also thought it might be helpful if anyone sees a match with me in it and wonders who I am that they'll be able to find some info about me.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Don't reply to any posts in here; if you want to poke fun at the Austrailians say something about what someone posts, quote it and post in the social.
Not sure if I'm a stickler for OP rules.
But here's to giving the social thread some grievances.

Twigz

Smash Apprentice
Gamertag: Twigz
---Region: The Caribbean
Favorite Default Diddy Color: Green
Favorite Stage: FD, SV
Other Info: I just picked up diddy... And he seems really fun and interesting... I kind of got tired of IC's because my main focus was always cg's. When I first picked up Diddy it's like I found a completely different playstyle and I liked it. The thing is I play with no nana's at all, because I'm trying to avoid an IC moment where I solely focused on the CG. Hopefully I stick With this monkey till the End. Nice to meet you all. :)

:phone:

Sashimi

Smash Ace
Gamertag: PerhapsMan
---Region: Ottawa, Ontario
Favorite Default Diddy Color: Red
Favorite Stage: SmashVille
Other Info: Been playing Diddy for a while, but I've only recently gotten around to making a smashboards account.

SwordofStorms

Smash Rookie
Gamertag: SoS
--Region: Midwest East (Michigan)
Favorite Default Diddy Color: Singles, Purple, Doubles, Red
Favorite stage: SmashVille for sure
Other Info:
-I have mained diddy since.....im not sure when. It must have been a whillllllllle ago :/ .
-I have been on and off with the smash community, mainly because I have not gotten much help from the threads and such.
-I would love to get some feedback and help on my diddy from you guys.
-Also, I would just like to say that although this is a little late, is there any way somebody can thoroughly explain some of the upper tier match ups for me (on their own time of course)..
-It would be much appreciated.

Zorc Of Norway

Smash Cadet
Gamertag: Zorc

Favorite Default Diddy Color: Blue
Favorite Stage: Smashville, FD and BF. Lylat sucks.

Other Info:
I've been playing competitively for about 1 and 1/4 year after being picked up by Hudet and have been maining Diddy since i started. Before that I was playing him in casual games just for the sweet spike :). So far I've entered two major tournaments in Norway and one in Finland + some smaller ones here and there, and I am currently ranked nr 8 on the Norwegian power-ranking.

joelsdaman1

Smash Cadet
NNID
joelsdaman1
3DS FC
4785-6676-7225
Gamertag: Japes
---Region: CT
Favorite Default Diddy Color: I have no idea...I'm colorblind.
Favorite Stage: Yoshi's Island
Other Info: I've been playing Smash 64 since I was about 8, but only got into Brawl a few months ago. I'm mediocre at best and still only beat 9 CPU's about a quarter of the time. I'm hoping to get better though!

Top Bottom