• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong: The Complete History [(A) MOVESET NEEDED]

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
His Smash B is similar to Bowser's, in which it is a command throw. You keep hanging on the foe and you can either mash A to repeatedly Headbutt the poor b*st*rd as much as you want, like Bowser's chomps, and then launch the foe forward or backwards, except Diddy's forward throw in this stance doesn't have a slightly higher launch.
How does this spike off the edge? Can you throw down or something? Or does throwing them backwards spike them? Is the fall from this cancelable or is it like marths/falcos d-air in melee where you cant move?

Man you just keep adding stuff. Alot more since I last checked this thread. Good stuff! :)

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
How does this spike off the edge? Can you throw down/up as well?

Man you just keep adding stuff. Alot more since I last checked this thread. Good stuff! :)
I don't think we're entirely sure.

I assume that it would be a menace, like throw over the edge, air combo, spike down.

Oh and thanks!

Upon Brawl's release in NA, look out for my friend code thread.
Diddys will be able to play eachother and test eachother.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Awesome idea! We can all test each other and give each other Diddy tricks ad tips :chuckle:

Thats a really cool idea in general, wonder if every character will have that in their forum. Adds to "mario finder" or etc threads in melee, because now if their far off you can still test and compare. :)

Yeah I read in Gimpys impressions that when someone tried to edgeguard one Diddy he side b'd and caught him midair and threw him down as a spike! He said it was the coolest spike he'd ever seen. Diddy molestor spike was what its called or something lol :laugh:

Man I want to try Diddy first thing. He sounds great from the demo. I like combo ability. People compare him to Mario from melee and he had a cool style with the aerial and tilt combos.

Im really really thinking about ordering a catridge of DK 64 off Amazon or something.. I really want to play it since I never have and dont want to wait for it on virtual console (if it even makes it to it)

How does DK64 compare to DKC/DKC 2 in terms of fun?

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Awesome idea! We can all test each other and give each other Diddy tricks ad tips :chuckle:

Thats a really cool idea in general, wonder if every character will have that in their forum. Adds to "mario finder" or etc threads in melee, because now if their far off you can still test and compare. :)

Yeah I read in Gimpys impressions that when someone tried to edgeguard one Diddy he side b'd and caught him midair and threw him down as a spike! He said it was the coolest spike he'd ever seen. Diddy molestor spike was what its called or something lol :laugh:

Man I want to try Diddy first thing. He sounds great from the demo. I like combo ability. People compare him to Mario from melee and he had a cool style with the aerial and tilt combos.

Im really really thinking about ordering a catridge of DK 64 off Amazon or something.. I really want to play it since I never have and dont want to wait for it on virtual console (if it even makes it to it)

How does DK64 compare to DKC/DKC 2 in terms of fun?
Depends if your a side-scrolling gamer or a 3d preference gamer.
All and all they are both classic games.

BTW, what do you mean by the bolded text?
Did Diddy spike or did the edgeguarder?

And yes, I plan on doing this as soon as the Japan release, possibly.
or wait til the NA

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
"The coolest thing I saw a Diddy do at the expo was a sort of anti edge guard. Nick (Diddy) was playing against Mike Haze (Fox). Haze went out to edge guard Nick and he used his over b. Diddy’s forward b is an air grab. The move grabbed Mike, he hit him a couple times, then he spiked him straight down out of it. Diddy’s air grab is the coolest spike I've ever seen. Diddy is also able to use his up b after this move lands, because Nick made it back onto the stage safely after that."

Gimpy just talks about the throw, dosent mention about Diddy doing a d-air meteor out of it or anything.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
"The coolest thing I saw a Diddy do at the expo was a sort of anti edge guard. Nick (Diddy) was playing against Mike Haze (Fox). Haze went out to edge guard Nick and he used his over b. Diddy’s forward b is an air grab. The move grabbed Mike, he hit him a couple times, then he spiked him straight down out of it. Diddy’s air grab is the coolest spike I've ever seen. Diddy is also able to use his up b after this move lands, because Nick made it back onto the stage safely after that."

Gimpy just talks about the throw, dosent mention about Diddy doing a d-air meteor out of it or anything.
Holy CRAP!

That is cool...

I can see Nick as a key player in Diddy Brawl history, I have to get his friend code when I get the game.

It's like, hit off the stage, air grab, throw down.. UP + B return.

Diddy can grab the edge as well, I've seen it a couple times on the Bridge of Eldin stage.
Like in this video, at 1:20 to 1:30 I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zftgmSgRxpI

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
cool video, the popgun seems decent if charged a little :coolmonke

yeah that down throw spike seems so awesome, just need confirmation from nick on how it works.. and if the fall can be canceled, Im assuming not since its not a meteor smash.. thatd be cool if its like falcos/marths d-air in which you cant cancel it

well Im off for now, going to play more DKC2.. trying to 102% it on virtual console. such an awesome game! Love the multiple cartwheels in the video you linked :love:

Im going to order Dk64 today, since Ive heard along with DKC 1 and 2 its one of the best DK games.. and where diddy in brawl got alot of his moveset. need more diddy! :bigthumbu

haha check out my new signature!

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
yes. a pink Yoshi. it should be good to play you. but i might have an edge because i have had Yoshi as my main since 64

EDIT: you are on my wii now

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
yes. a pink Yoshi. it should be good to play you. but i might have an edge because i have had Yoshi as my main since 64

EDIT: you are on my wii now
Haha, I had Yoshi as a main before, gave up though.
He was ugly during 64, the bright green, ew :laugh:
I'll add you in a sec

That spike sounds so cool...

Diddy is gonna pwn.
Yeah, I want to test it out.

I wonder who will make up terms for certain Diddy tactics..
Hmmm

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Can you guys tell me what adding someone on your Wii does? Can you send them messages on their wii or something?

I havent bothered to get mine yet, but Id be happy to add you noob legend and others :coolmonke

smashbot226

Smash Master
EEEEEEP!

No, it isn't Pummel.

It's my self proclaimed Chimpy Charge.

You see, Diddy leaps a good few feet towards his desired direction, and is in a similar state to Bowser's B>. Diddy can either mash simple attack to repeatedly headbutt the foe, like Bowser's chomps, or toss them forward or backwards.

As you know, this move has insane spiking potential, and is harder to break out of than normal throws or Boozer's Klaw. Unfortunately, it's notably weaker than Bowser's Klaw Kombos.

TRUST ME. I know because...

He was y main at E 4 All.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Well, seeing as how Diddy beats the living tar out of Yoshi, I know who I'm picking!

And Gerudo Warrior, he REALLY could be more specific than "pummel."

He wants the COMPLETE history? This is it right here.

Diddy's B>: Chimpy Charge

Command Throw, similar to Bowser's Klaw. In control scheme, the SAME as Bowser's Klaw.

Top Bottom