• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Combo Thread

exdee

Smash Rookie
NNID
xdfiggu
3DS FC
1676-4153-5524
you have seen pre-patch diddy right? anyways, how many uairs true combo'd one or two? because the second might link/true but the third is definitely avoidable. There are also better combos to do at these percents. on heavy/ medium characters you can do dthrow-Bair and that will set them at the perfect percentage for the New-Haa. and on light characters, 0% is the best percent for the New-Haa and other combos like Uthrow-Dair.
The second hit can be linked easily(im not sure if its a true) im not sure if the third one can be super esaily avoided
I could make a small video about it
And of course i know all those combos are clearly better,i just found this one interesting since its three uairs with post patch diddy lol

exdee

Smash Rookie
NNID
xdfiggu
3DS FC
1676-4153-5524
you have seen pre-patch diddy right? anyways, how many uairs true combo'd one or two? because the second might link/true but the third is definitely avoidable. There are also better combos to do at these percents. on heavy/ medium characters you can do dthrow-Bair and that will set them at the perfect percentage for the New-Haa. and on light characters, 0% is the best percent for the New-Haa and other combos like Uthrow-Dair.

exdee

Smash Rookie
NNID
xdfiggu
3DS FC
1676-4153-5524
Found a combo similar to the new haa,but without the grab
Dash attack>Side B Kick>Fair or Uair
Could be good for mixups if you don't want to get too predictable with grabs???

exdee

Smash Rookie
NNID
xdfiggu
3DS FC
1676-4153-5524
Discovered another combo starter at low percents
Down tilt>Side B Kick
The down tilt has to bewell spaced(you can't be close to the opponent or else the side b kick will probably send the foe backwards)
Possible follow ups:
Dtilt>Side B Kick>Dtilt>Side B Kick
Dtilt>Side B Kick>Ftilt>Side B Kick
Dtilt>Side B Kick>FSmash
Dtilt>Side B Kick>JC USmash
Dtilt>Side B Kick>Dtilt>Dash Grab
Dtilt>Side B Kick>Dtilt>JC USmash
Dtilt>Side B Kick>Dtilt>FSmash
Dtilt>Side B Kick>Dtilt>Side B Command Grab
Dtilt>Side B Kick>Uair (Works only if you send the foe offstage and is recommended only if you aren't that far from the stage)

(*NOTE* Dtilt>Side B Kick>Dtilt will probably not connect if the opponent is above 20%)

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Discovered another combo starter at low percents
Down tilt>Side B Kick
The down tilt has to bewell spaced(you can't be close to the opponent or else the side b kick will probably send the foe backwards)
Possible follow ups:
Dtilt>Side B Kick>Dtilt>Side B Kick
Dtilt>Side B Kick>Ftilt>Side B Kick
Dtilt>Side B Kick>FSmash
Dtilt>Side B Kick>JC USmash
Dtilt>Side B Kick>Dtilt>Dash Grab
Dtilt>Side B Kick>Dtilt>JC USmash
Dtilt>Side B Kick>Dtilt>FSmash
Dtilt>Side B Kick>Dtilt>Side B Command Grab
Dtilt>Side B Kick>Uair (Works only if you send the foe offstage and is recommended only if you aren't that far from the stage)

(*NOTE* Dtilt>Side B Kick>Dtilt will probably not connect if the opponent is above 20%)
Ummm, in the future could you please edit just one post? It would be bad if you got banned for posting too many times in a row. I wouldn't do that but there are some sticklers.

How guaranteed is the Dtilt-MFK? it seems that it can be shielded. If it does work you could Ftilt to get the jab lock though and that could lead to another set-up

exdee

Smash Rookie
NNID
xdfiggu
3DS FC
1676-4153-5524
Ummm, in the future could you please edit just one post? It would be bad if you got banned for posting too many times in a row. I wouldn't do that but there are some sticklers.

How guaranteed is the Dtilt-MFK? it seems that it can be shielded. If it does work you could Ftilt to get the jab lock though and that could lead to another set-up
There's a good chance the MFK can get shielded,but I'm not sure if someone has a fast enough reaction time to shield in time for the MFK,so it could possibly not be that guaranteed. Yes you could probably Ftilt for the jab lock but Dtilt could potentially work better since it has less end lag.

Also something I forgot to put in,this combo doesn't work on most small characters such as :4kirby: and :4pikachu:

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

There's a good chance the MFK can get shielded,but I'm not sure if someone has a fast enough reaction time to shield in time for the MFK,so it could possibly not be that guaranteed. Yes you could probably Ftilt for the jab lock but Dtilt could potentially work better since it has less end lag.

Also something I forgot to put in,this combo doesn't work on most small characters such as :4kirby: and :4pikachu:
The Dtilt-MFK will not combo sadly, It has too much start-up and when it ends there is too much lag. It is a good mix-up but it will not even link, sorry. However, Dash attack-MFK is promising. It doesn't true combo, but it does leave them in a disadvantaged state where the MFk is possible, especially if you read their reaction.

2 new combos! FF Uair-Uair-Uair and Uair-Bair and maybe another Bair!

Last edited:

busken

Smash Ace
Ok guys I have complied your data and mine and will be posting all of the info this week!

Sonicninja115

It seems that an optimal combo string is Uthrow-Uair at 0%ish and then Dthrow-Bair-Bair it probably gives the most percent.

Sonicninja115

i'm pretty sure uthrow uair is our least useful throw combo (particularly at 0%) so i'd like to know what you're talking about
Check out Zero vs. Wizzrobe at tipped off 11. ZeRo decided to use that combo string instead of many others.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Check out Zero vs. Wizzrobe at tipped off 11. ZeRo decided to use that combo string instead of many others.
He started game 1 with uthrow uair uair but I'm still not sure it's a good option, you have to remember that uthrow is our weakest throw and uair is our weakest aerial. Dthrow bair bair is better for damage and if you want to do something unorthodox/take a risk then up or down throw into dair can lead into big damage. I can't really see any reason to uthrow uair before kill percents, it's definitely not "optimal" by any means.

Sonicninja115

He started game 1 with uthrow uair uair but I'm still not sure it's a good option, you have to remember that uthrow is our weakest throw and uair is our weakest aerial. Dthrow bair bair is better for damage and if you want to do something unorthodox/take a risk then up or down throw into dair can lead into big damage. I can't really see any reason to uthrow uair before kill percents, it's definitely not "optimal" by any means.
That's why I posted, it seems odd that he went with that option. My only thought was that maybe it put the opponent into the optimal percent for another combo. ZeRo is almost always optimal, so I found it odd that he went with that option, especially because it staked Uair.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
That's why I posted, it seems odd that he went with that option. My only thought was that maybe it put the opponent into the optimal percent for another combo. ZeRo is almost always optimal, so I found it odd that he went with that option, especially because it staked Uair.
The stale moves queue is only 9 moves long so if he uses uair at low percents by the time his opponent is at 120% it won't matter. Uthrow uair is bad.

Sonicninja115

The stale moves queue is only 9 moves long so if he uses uair at low percents by the time his opponent is at 120% it won't matter. Uthrow uair is bad.
I am going to look I into optimal combos and what to start with. I am hoping to do it in the next

Sonicninja115

I'm not sure if it's true but i've pulled off d-tilt > d-air spike at mid to high percents.
It's not true, but it is a read mix-up. I will look into it and see if it is viable.

Soooo, ZeRo used Dtilt-DA, which is true, but then he somehow got a Uair. I am going to look into this and see if it is true, I don't think it is though.

Diddy: 69% (ZeRo)

Shiek: 85% (Anti)

Also, Uthrow-Bair-Uair is a thing on R.O.B. At 20%

Last edited:
Top Bottom