• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Combo Thread

busken

Smash Ace
Post any combos you know. From Kill Confirms to Banana set-ups. I have alot of d-tilt data so I will add that to the OP once I'm finished.

arncakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
arncakes
d-throw bair uair works at low percents. it doesn't combo, but if they airdodge you can hit them with anything and if they throw out a fast aerial you'll usually either beat it or trade

SilverForUbers

Smash Master
NNID
Silver4Ubers
This isn't a true combo but it can catch unprepared opponents off guard at 0%.

Dthrow → Dair → Uair(if you space it correctly you can't get shield grabbed) → Weak hit of sh fair → uthrow → fair.

I've been doing it a lot lately and it seems to work most of the time. Really situational tho and it isn't a true combo.

Legit

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1075-1516-8692
D-tilt, JC U-Smash
You don't even have to JC the Usmash ;)

Dtilt -> RAR Bair at the edge can kill around 110-120

You can Dtilt into a grab at low percents but it isn't guaranteed. I do Dtilt -> jab, and mix it up with dtilt -> grab.

As far as throw combos go, i do uthrow dair at low %, uthrow bair x2 or uthrow fair at mid %, then on light characters i go for hoohah uthrow uair at ~100-120, otherwise i do bthrow. bthrow does more damage than uthrow uair, lmao

Orocket

Smash Cadet
COMBOS:
— LOW PERCENTS —

~ Upthrow —> Fair.
~ Upthrow —> Bair (can possibly combo into another bair).
~ Dthrow —> Bair/ Fair/ Upair (Lower percents/ DI away/ DI in) ... (Mainly as a mixup on DI).
~ Fthrow —> Fair (If they DI wrong; can lead to a regrab).
~ Upthrow ---> Dair. If they airdodge the dair you can usually regrab them.

— MID PERCENTS —

~ Upthow —> Uair.
~ Upthrow —> Fair/ Bair (sometimes another bair).
~ Dthrow —> Fair/ Upair (DI away/ DI in) … (Again, a mixup on DI).
~ Fthrow/ Bthrow off stage for stage positioning and pull out banana.

— HIGH PERCENTS (KOs) —

~ Banana Glide Toss —> Fsmash/ Upsmash (Side of stage/ center of stage).
~ Banana Glide Toss —> Dsmash.
~ Dtilt —> Upsmash. (also after a banana glide toss).
~ Dtilt —> RAR Bair.
~ Fair or Bair at side of stage/ offstage to KO.
~ Uptilit, Uptilt out of shield or some situation (at higher percents).
~ Fthrow, Bthrow kills.
~ Upthrow —> Uair (Wait out air dodge sometimes. Mix it up).
~ Nair ---> Upair.

At all percents I like to combo nair into moves like bair and fair and then upair at higher percents. This works well if you jump above with a banana throw it down to trip them and then fast fall a nair. Then you follow up with an aerial or even uptilit/ upsmash at low percents.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
It might be frame perfect, and the only way I have been able to replicate it was when I hit someone with an aerial side b then jumped into uair, I can't do it out of Dthrow yet. But the question is, are there any other combos like this?

Sonicninja115

Also, at low percents, Bair seems to link into another Bair. I have been able to pull off
Dthrow-uair-Bair-Bair multiple times. I think it is DI dependent though...

Orocket

Smash Cadet
It might be frame perfect, and the only way I have been able to replicate it was when I hit someone with an aerial side b then jumped into uair, I can't do it out of Dthrow yet. But the question is, are there any other combos like this?
Sometimes if your opponent is grounded you can do side b kick into fair. You have to kick towards the end of your monkey flip.

Orocket

Smash Cadet
I've been testing this and I've been able to get the dthrowv--> side b kick --> upair really consistently. You just have to buffer the side b kick and the upair you should get it. I know for sure it works on mario at 7% if you want to practice it.

Edit: From messing around with the combo it seems it only works if you do the "soft" side-b, not the smash side-b.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Do you need to jump into side b?
And do you buffer during the jump or throw?

Last edited:

Orocket

Smash Cadet
Do you need to jump into side b?
And do you buffer during the jump or throw?
You have to jump and immediatley buffer the soft side-b right after hitting jump. Buffer the kick by spamming b kind of lol. You don't need to buffer the dthrow.

Edit: Yep this is how it works - you have to dthrow --> shorthop --> buffer a soft side-b --> then buffer the kick --> jump --> and immediately upair.

Last edited:

Orocket

Smash Cadet
From what I've been thinking at medium percents when you upthrow someone who likes to airdodge you could fullhop and wait for the airdodge then smash side-b into a fair. Not sure how well this would work I need to test it with a human. Also, I'm not sure if people can escape the dthrow combo we've been discussing by DI ing I have to test that with a human as well.

Orocket

Smash Cadet
Here are a couple videos using the combo we discussed earlier + some combos that work right at the percent after the first combo.

On Ike:

On ZSS:

These were both in training mode so I'm not sure how staling/ rage and DI will affect these combos, but its an idea we can test out. I've been able to pull it off on a lot of characters. The combo works at different percents for different characters depending on weight and fall speed. It seems like a pretty solid combo, though. :chuckle:

@ Sonicninja115 Sonicninja115 (since we were talking about this)

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Thanks alot for testing this out! This is definitely a great combo and I will try to find out if it is DI able tomorrow. (as well as learn how to use it)
Also, Should we make a list of all of Diddy kong's true combos? it is a combo thread...

Last edited:

Orocket

Smash Cadet
Thanks alot for testing this out! This is definitely a great combo and I will try to find out if it is DI able tomorrow. (as well as learn how to use it)
Also, Should we make a list of all of Diddy kong's true combos? it is a combo thread...
Yeah I guess we could :grin:.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

True Combos
(Note: all of these were done in training mode against a Mario)

FF Nair-Uair, 0-94%
FF Nair-Fair, 0-88%
FF Nair-Bair, 0-94%
FF Nair-Utilt, 0-20%
FF Nair-Ftilt, 0-9%
FF Nair-Upsmash, 0-9%
FF Nair-Dsmash, 0%
FF Nair-Fsmash, 0-5%
FF Nair-Rockets, 0-57%
U throw-U Air, 10-28%
U throw-Nair, 0-25%
Uthrow-Fair, 0-80%
Uthrow-Bair, 0-103%
Uthrow-Bair-Bair, 23-38%
U throw-DJ Uair, 0-123%
U throw-DJ Nair, 0-111%
Dthrow-Uair, 0-38%
Dthrow-Bair, 0-62%
Dthrow-Fair, 0-46%
Dthrow-DJ Uair, 14-117%
Dthrow-DJ Bair, 0-120%
Dthrow-DJ Fair, 25-100%
Dthrow-Monkey Flip Kick-Uair, 0-28% Damage- 27%
Dthrow-Monkey Flip Kick-Fair, 0-44% Damage- 31%(And it can KO off the side! tho, it's a suicide, WORTH)
Dthrow-Monkey Flip Kick, 0-64% Damage- 19%
Dthrow-Dair- 0-20%
Fthrow-Dash-SH Fair, 0-22% weak hit 17% strong hit 19%
Dtilt-Dtilt, 43-88%
Dtilt-Fair, 124-200%
Dtilt-RAR Bair,
Dtilt-Jab, 36-88%
Dtilt-Usmash, 107-136%
Dair-Utilt, 40-50% (Strong hit)
Dair-Utilt, 50-90% (Weak hit)
Dair-Uair, 43-81% (Strong hit)
Dair-DJ Uair, 82-94% (Strong hit)
Dair-Uair, 70-128% (Weak hit)
Dair-DJ Uair, 120-160% (Weak hit)
Dair-Usmash, 29-45%
Dair-Fair, 39-80%
Dair-Bair, 38-82%
Dair- Nair, 44-74%
Dair-Uair-Fair, 37-50%
Dair-Uair-Uair, 38-49%
Rockets-Rocket explosion, 24-57%
Banana-Jab, any
Banana- Ftilt, any
Banana-Dtilt, any
Banana-Utilt, any
Banana- Usmash, any
Banana-Fsmash, any
Banana-Dsmash, any
Banana-Rocket-Rocket explosion, 24-57%
Banana-Monkey Flip, any
Banana-Monkey Flip Kick, any
Banana-FF Nair-Combo, any
Banana-FF Nair-Rockets, 0-57%
Banana up toss-Uair, any
Banana up toss-Utilt, any
Banana forward toss-Fair, any
Banana toss down-FF Fair, any
Banana toss down-FF Nair, any
Banana toss down-FF Dair, any

@ busken busken would you want to add this to the OP?

@ Orocket Orocket Many thanks for your awesomness and help :)

Last edited:

Orocket

Smash Cadet
True combos
This should be most of them...
FF Nair-
FF Nair-Uair, 0-94%
FF Nair-Fair, 0-88%
FF Nair-Bair, 0-94%
FF Nair-Utilt, 0-20%
FF Nair-Ftilt, 0-9%
FF Nair-Upsmash, 0-9%
FF Nair-Dsmash, 0%​
U-Throw-
U throw-U Air, 10-28%
U throw-Nair, 0-25%
U throw-DJ Uair, 0-123%
U throw-DJ Nair, 0-111%​
Dthrow-
Dthrow-Uair, 0-38%
Dthrow-Bair, 0-62%
Dthrow-Fair, 0-46%
Dthrow-DJ Uair, 14-117%
Dthrow-DJ Bair, 0-120%
Dthrow-DJ Fair, 25-100%
Dthrow-Monkey Flip-Uair, need more time
Dthrow-Monkey Flip-Fair, need more time​
Dtilt-
Dtilt-Dtilt, 43-88%
Dtilt-Usmash, woops​
Rockets-
Rockets-Rocket explosion, 24-57%​
Banana-
Banana-Jab, any
Banana- Ftilt, any
Banana-Dtilt, any
Banana-Utilt, any
Banana- Usmash, any
Banana-Fsmash, any
Banana-Dsmash, any

@ Orocket Orocket Do you have anything to add?

I will soon be adding more Dtilt combos and finishing uncompleted areas.​
Upthrow: You should definitely add upthrow ---> fair and upthrow ---> bair. There are actually percents where upthrow ---> DJ bair ---> bair is a true combo.

Dthrow: I've been able to pull off dthrow ---> dair as a true combo on some characters but I'm not sure if it will work on mario, if it does it is probably a very small percent range.

Dtilit: You should add dtilit ---> fair and dtilit ---> RAR bair.

FF Nair: There's actually a percent range that FF nair ---> Fsmash works, but you have to be facing them when you FF nair, you can't be facing away.

Banana: banana ---> rocket barrels. Works for a kill option. Im not sure if its true when you launch yourself into the ground but I know for sure you can run up and hit them with the initial "blast off" for a true combo and it will kill at higher percents.

Thanks for all the work you're doing. This is great! :chuckle: I'm excited that people are starting to lab with Diddy a bit more. The hype around Diddy has pretty much died after he got nerfed 2x. :urg:

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Upthrow: You should definitely add upthrow ---> fair and uprthrow ---> bair. There are actually percents where upthrow ---> DJ bair ---> bair is a true combo.

Dtilit: You should add dtilit ---> fair and dtilit ---> RAR bair.

FF Nair: There's actually a percent range that FF nair ---> Fsmash works, but you have to be facing them when you FF nair, you can't be facing away.

Banana: banana ---> rocket barrels. Works for a kill option. Im not sure if its true when you launch yourself into the ground but I know for sure you can run up and hit them with the initial "blast off" for a true combo and it will kill at higher percents.

Thanks for all the work you're doing. This is great! :chuckle: I'm excited that we're starting to lab with Diddy a bit more. The hype around Diddy has pretty much died after he got nerfed 2x. :urg:
Thanks!
And in order...
Added the Dtilt combos just now:bee: (Do you know the % for RAR Bair?)

Really? I tried doing that but I could not get it to work... I'll test it some more...

I have the original Rocket-Rocket in there but forgot to add it to banana's, you can also curve it and true combo it into the rockets explosion for close to 30%

Orocket

Smash Cadet
Thanks!
And in order...
Added the Dtilt combos just now:bee: (Do you know the % for RAR Bair?)

Really? I tried doing that but I could not get it to work... I'll test it some more...

I have the original Rocket-Rocket in there but forgot to add it to banana's, you can also curve it and true combo it into the rockets explosion for close to 30%
Im assuming the "really?" is about FF Nair ---> Fsmash lol. And yeah if you buffer the Fsmash after FF Nair it works. Its not really a big deal because it only works at super low percents :/.

And no I'm not sure about Dtilit ---> RAR bair percents. It depends on how they DI so those would be difficult to test without a human.

Also when you added to the Dtilit combos you put "Dtilt-Fair, !24-200%" I'm assuming you meant 124- 200??

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Im assuming the "really?" is about FF Nair ---> Fsmash lol. And yeah if you buffer the Fsmash after FF Nair it works. Its not really a big deal because it only works at super low percents :/.

And no I'm not sure about Dtilit ---> RAR bair percents. It depends on how they DI so those would be difficult to test without a human.

Also when you added to the Dtilit combos you put "Dtilt-Fair, !24-200%" I'm assuming you meant 124- 200??
Thanks! I will find the percents for FF Nair-Fsmash tomorrow!

And thanks for catching that typo.

Orocket

Smash Cadet
Thanks! I will find the percents for FF Nair-Fsmash tomorrow!

And thanks for catching that typo.
Got another one that I use all the time:

Fthrow ---> quick dash ---> SH Fair. Works on Mario from 0% ---> 22%. Deals 19% with the strong hit of Fair and 17% with the weak hit of Fair.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Got another one that I use all the time:

Fthrow ---> quick dash ---> SH Fair. Works on Mario from 0% ---> 22%. Deals 19% with the strong hit of Fair and 17% with the weak hit of Fair.
Many thanks!
Do you know if Bthrow ever combos? and if Uthrow-Monkey Flip combos?

Orocket

Smash Cadet
Many thanks!
Do you know if Bthrow ever combos? and if Uthrow-Monkey Flip combos?
Bthrow never combos because Diddy has too much end lag once he throws them behind him. Like it takes him a while until he can act out of it. I will test Upthrow - Monkey Flip.

EDIT; @ Sonicninja115 Sonicninja115 I can't get Upthrow-Monkey Flip to combo. Also FF Nair- Upair combos on Mario up until around 165% - 166%. It depends on how you time the nair and the double jump. It starts to KO Mario around 140+% percent, so the higher percents don't matter too much. Just letting you know the percents it registers as a combo.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Thanks! and do those Uthrow combos require a double jump once they hit a certain percent? Because if so I will want to put a seperate combo with DJ in front of it.

Orocket

Smash Cadet
Thanks! and do those Uthrow combos require a double jump once they hit a certain percent? Because if so I will want to put a seperate combo with DJ in front of it.
Yeah once they pass the lower percents most of Diddy's combos require double jumps.

Sonicninja115

I had a thought, does hitting an aerial opponent with a banana cause hitstun? and is it enough that it would true combo into aerials? I have been able to throw banana up into an uair or throw it forward into a Fair but was wondering if it was true...

Orocket

Smash Cadet
I had a thought, does hitting an aerial opponent with a banana cause hitstun? and is it enough that it would true combo into aerials? I have been able to throw banana up into an uair or throw it forward into a Fair but was wondering if it was true...
Yep it is. You have to be jumping towards them while throwing the banana then follow with an aerial. I do it a lot actually. It's good for edge guarding because if the banana hits you can combo with into fair, and if they airdodge the banana you can fair them anyways. It's super flashy too, but it's a little difficult.

EDIT: We forgot to add that throwing a banana from above ---> FF Bair/ FF Nair/ FF Fair works at all percents.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Yep it is. You have to be jumping towards them while throwing the banana then follow with an aerial. I do it a lot actually. It's good for edge guarding because if the banana hits you can combo with into fair, and if they airdodge the banana you can fair them anyways. It's super flashy too!

EDIT: We forgot to add that throwing a banana from above ---> FF Bair/ FF Nair/ FF Fair works at all percents.
Sweet, thanks so much! I'll add this to the post!
Also, does forward banana toss combo into side b/side b-uair?

Last edited:

Orocket

Smash Cadet
Sweet, thanks so much! I'll add this to the post!
Also, does forward banana toss combo into side b/side b-uair?
Yep. If you space it correctly after you throw banana and trip someone you can side-b command grab them or monkey kick them. Not sure about any aerial follow ups after the side-b kick.

Last edited:

Orocket

Smash Cadet
True Combos

FF Nair-

FF Nair-Uair, 0-94%
FF Nair-Fair, 0-88%
FF Nair-Bair, 0-94%
FF Nair-Utilt, 0-20%
FF Nair-Ftilt, 0-9%
FF Nair-Upsmash, 0-9%
FF Nair-Dsmash, 0%
FF Nair-Fsmash, Coming soon!
U-Throw-

U throw-U Air, 10-28%
U throw-Nair, 0-25%
Uthrow-Fair, 0-??%
Uthrow-Bair, 0-??%
U throw-DJ Uair, 0-123%
U throw-DJ Nair, 0-111%
Uthrow-DJ Fair, ??-80%
Uthrow-DJ Bair, ??-103%
Dthrow-

Dthrow-Uair, 0-38%
Dthrow-Bair, 0-62%
Dthrow-Fair, 0-46%
Dthrow-DJ Uair, 14-117%
Dthrow-DJ Bair, 0-120%
Dthrow-DJ Fair, 25-100%
Dthrow-Monkey Flip Kick-Uair, 0-28% Damage- 27%
Dthrow-Monkey Flip Kick-Fair, 0-44% Damage- 31%(And it can KO off the side! tho, it's a suicide, WORTH)
Dthrow-Monkey Flip Kick, 0-64% Damage- 19%
Fthrow-

Fthrow-Dash-SH Fair, 0-22% weak hit 17% strong hit 19%
Dtilt-

Dtilt-Dtilt, 43-88%
Dtilt-Fair, 124-200%
Dtilt-RAR Bair, Coming Soon!
Dtilt-Jab, 36-88%
Dtilt-Usmash, 107-136%
Rockets-

Rockets-Rocket explosion, 24-57%
Banana-

Banana-Jab, any
Banana- Ftilt, any
Banana-Dtilt, any
Banana-Utilt, any
Banana- Usmash, any
Banana-Fsmash, any
Banana-Dsmash, any
Banana-Rocket-Rocket explosion, 24-57%
Banana-Monkey Flip, any
Banana-Monkey Flip Kick, any
Aerial Banana-

Banana up toss-Uair, any
Banana up toss-Fair, any
Banana up toss-Nair, any
Banana up toss-Bair, any
Banana up toss-Dair, any
Banana forward toss-Fair, any
Banana toss down-FF Fair, any
Banana toss down-FF Nair, any
Banana toss down-FF Dair, any
Banana forward toss- Monkey Flip Kick-Uair, testing

@ Orocket Orocket Many thanks for your awesomness and help :)

I will soon be finishing uncompleted areas.​
For the aerial banana toss upwards combos I think that only aerial banana toss upwards - upair is a true combo. I don't think the others are. And for aerial banana toss forwards: aerial banana toss forwards - fair is the only true combo. So I only believe that (while in the air) banana toss forward - fair and banana toss upward - upair are the only true combos. And the fair and upair have to be immediately after the banana hits. The banana doesnt do enough hitstun for any aerial combo. Only these two combos from what I've been able to pull off. The banana toss down - FF whatever works, though only when your opponent is grounded.

Last edited:

C3PO

Smash Cadet
NNID
C3POSmash
Another useful trick..When the opponent is too close to the edge to fsmash after glide toss banana (i.e., they would fall and grab the ledge) you can dsmash (obviously), but instead turn around dsmash so that the back hit combos (does much more kb). Will kill at around 100 on the edge.

Sonicninja115

So I did some Labbing with the New-Haa combo and I discovered that it works best if the Opponent DI's away and it doesn't work if the opponent DI's back, however, if the opponent DI's back then there are a plethora of other combos to use. DI'ing down made the combo harder, but it was still possible. and it is the same with DI'ing up, but to a lesser extent. You just have to be more precise.
I tested this on a human player who tried to both airdodge and jump away in all four DI possibilities. The characters used were Ganondorf, Lucario, Link and Shiek.

Orocket

Smash Cadet
So I did some Labbing with the New-Haa combo and I discovered that it works best if the Opponent DI's away and it doesn't work if the opponent DI's back, however, if the opponent DI's back then there are a plethora of other combos to use. DI'ing down made the combo harder, but it was still possible. and it is the same with DI'ing up, but to a lesser extent. You just have to be more precise.
I tested this on a human player who tried to both airdodge and jump away in all four DI possibilities. The characters used were Ganondorf, Lucario, Link and Shiek.
This is good because most people instinctively DI away when being thrown. If the opponent DI's back then you can for sure hit them with a bair. I'm glad this combo works when testing it with a human. Thanks for testing that out! :grin:

Top Bottom