• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I'm voting for random DK based stuff it is his franchise after all so it is as on topic as we can get at this point. Unless some new people come here that don't want Diddy. Xian you could allways change the topic asking non-Diddy supporters to come here a debate their views. That would get the topic back going again.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
There has to be some way to keep this open and not get off topic and spam up the place with none diddy things.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If the only way Diddy could enter the game was if Donkey Kong (being one of the lowest rated characters on popular polls in previous Smash games) was to leave, would you still want Diddy.

As much as I love new characters adding new possibilites and movesets, I would hate to lose such a cool looking heavyweight. I would say no.

icymatt

Smash Lord
If the only way Diddy could enter the game was if Donkey Kong (being one of the lowest rated characters on popular polls in previous Smash games) was to leave, would you still want Diddy.

As much as I love new characters adding new possibilites and movesets, I would hate to lose such a cool looking heavyweight. I would say no.
Of course not. Diddy is cool, but he's nothing without Donkey Kong.

We don't need to worry about this, though, because they'll never remove Donkey Kong.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
No but that will never happen because the originals will remain untouched and Nintendo may hate the DK franchise but they don't hate the franchise that much.

Before you deny that they hate the DK franchise explain Jungle Beat, Miyamoto disliking Donkey Kong Country, reformatting DK's looks and personality, the them not keeping onto rare and the horrible smile that DK seems to have a lot lately.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
There is already a sequel for the soccer game?

Dixie would make a better character because she could grab characters with her hair and have a floaty , manuverable jump thanks to her spinning helicopter hair. Diddy just has a stupid cap that he bought at the dollar store.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Dixie has a beret and pink shirt and wild hair! No one grabs with their hair yet. Sakurai knows this. Hopefully he will kill Diddy off in the intro and have Dixie as a playable character.
She can even use the barrel jet and peanut pistols that she pried from Diddy's cold corpse.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
In response to Silver Flame:

Yes. Nintendo announced that they were going to remake a whole bunch of GC games for the Wii. They will be $19 and they call them remakes b/c I think they're just implementing a new control scheme and some minor changes.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
There is already a sequel for the soccer game?

Dixie would make a better character because she could grab characters with her hair and have a floaty , manuverable jump thanks to her spinning helicopter hair. Diddy just has a stupid cap that he bought at the dollar store.
Wow, what game did you play? Diddy is so unique it isn't even funny. Need proof? Look at this entire thread.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Diddy would probably just end up being a lighter Bowser clone. We don't need a little monkey pretending to be the ruler of koopas. Send Dixie in, she doesn't have an identity crisis.

Plus imagaine her hair throw! Its hilarious.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
Diddy would probably just end up being a lighter Bowser clone. We don't need a little monkey pretending to be the ruler of koopas. Send Dixie in, she doesn't have an identity crisis.

Plus imagaine her hair throw! Its hilarious.
what the hell
that would be bowser jr.

Dixie has a beret and pink shirt and wild hair! No one grabs with their hair yet. Sakurai knows this. Hopefully he will kill Diddy off in the intro and have Dixie as a playable character.
She can even use the barrel jet and peanut pistols that she pried from Diddy's cold corpse.
that would imply that she could kill diddy
and even if she did that then that would be diddy's moves she'd be using not hers, defeating your entire purpose of replaceing diddy with dixie

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
But in addition she would have a hair grab and throw which Diddy cannot possibly have. Unless he kills Dixie in the intro video and scalps her. Then he could wear her scalp and use her hair moveset. That could work!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hehehe yeah finally theres some life in this thread.

Honestly... Dixie would make a more unique character then Diddy. However Diddy is just a must-have for Brawl. IF Nintendo decides to have downloadable characters, Dixie would make a very very good chance.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Yeah but if Nintendo goes down the "ZOMG da DK seriEZ IZ SuXX0rZ!!!11!!!!" path they went on with the gamecube then maybe they would add Tiny instead of Dixie, they know that DK fans like Dixie more than Tiny, they arn't stupid.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Rock just call me DDK. Its less confusing. I hate my username... T_T I feel so lame mentioning my own username in almost all my posts. XD

Peeze

Smash Master
I saw "Diddy haters welcome we love a good debate" and knew i would have fun here :)
Instead of taking up space in the Doc mario thread me and DDK can argue about it in this thread.
My take on Diddy: He's a smaller, weaker, and more agile version of DK(with a tail). That's why he couldn't do a head butt or giant punch or take out a croc with one hit cause he's smaller and weaker.
I'm just gonna sit back and wait for the sparks to fly.

Top Bottom