• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy for beginners

Rags

Smash Ace
Okay, sory if this is a repeat thread, but I'm relatively new to competitive smash, since February/march, and I stuck with bowser from the time I had PM til now, I actally am having a blast playing diddy so I want to try to pick him up, What are the core basics I need to master to become better with this guy. I know about the banana setups, but technical stuff I should master as well as anythign basic thet may be overlooked? Anything really will help. THanks in advance!

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Wavedashing and glide tossing are huge. Wavedashing picks up bananas, after all, and glide tossing completely changes your methods of movement once you have a naner in hand. Aerial glide tossing is important too.

Have you practiced any of those?

Rags

Smash Ace
Wavedashing and glide tossing are huge. Wavedashing picks up bananas, after all, and glide tossing completely changes your methods of movement once you have a naner in hand. Aerial glide tossing is important too.

Have you practiced any of those?
I do wavedash all the time in melee, I'm highly confindent in it, though I haven't practiced the glide tossing. I need to learn the timing on it though.

Top Bottom