• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Counter

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
Diddy has a counter!

Granted you will take some damage, but the knockback on the hit will be much much lower than normal. All you have to do is start charging your rocket jump before they hit you, and when they hit you, one of the barrels will fly off, and usually just immediately explode in your enemies face! Works on most smash attacks, since they have the most power and range. Some tilts will set off the rockets, not many neutral jabs will set it off.

It's not the safest move in the game, but it is HILARIOUS when it goes off.

I killed a Ness when he was f-smashing me. I was at 115%, which should have hit me pretty far, but i barely went anywhere. He was at 80%, and it knocked him off the top of the stage. We were on final destination.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i guess that would look pretty funny if someone died like that

Scala

Smash Ace
I've been using this occasionally in my game, it definitely reduces knockback and has killed the attacker a few times.

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
i did it on accident once back when, but i hadn't considered that it reduced knockback. Once more vids are posted with this in it, I think people will start getting down the timing and see when the right opportunity for it is.

pyrblaze

Smash Rookie
I for one don't really think that it can be properly utilized unless you are a couple lives ahead;

why play recklessly in order for the counter to be used?
Its almost like attempting Luigi's side in hopes that it will backfire EVERY time.

but I, too have performed this feat,accidentally, and of course died because of it, the recovery of being hit while attempting the rocket barrel SUCKS!

--also something to look at, if a character is edgeguarding(hogging) Diddy's Rocket Barrel will cause an extreme knockback if it explodes underneath your opponent...people may have already utilized this, but I just wanted to state that. I like to do that when I figure that its inevitible to actually recover.

denizen

Smash Apprentice
i have only pulled it off accidentally...not sure if this move will be all that useful for real though

Top Bottom