• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Catching his Own Peanuts

brolimar

Smash Rookie
Sorry if this has already been discovered but I just found this out on my own this morning. This is probably not the most useful of techniques, but it does gives diddy a THIRD item.

Diddy-Kong can catch his own peanuts out of his gun if timed correctly. This is accomplished by jumping, firing the peanut gun (tap) on his way down before he hits the ground, and then running towards the peanut and hitting 'A' to grab it.

Obviously this requires time and space, but could be something useful in between kills. Diddy is able to draw 2 bananas while holding a peanut, and the peanut is not as easy to see and can come as somewhat of a surprise. Throwing them does ~6% damage.

Let me know if anyone findss this is useful/helpful at all

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
I see that as an extra glide toss.

I've wanted to know how to do this for a while now. Thanks for explaining it. I can now include this into my Diddy camping and mindgames. >=D

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I've been sorta working on doing this between kills as a good set up for the start of the opponents next stock, unfortunately it is somewhat difficult timing and the peanut doesn't do to much in the way of openings, except when you peanut/nana/nana, then you've got something.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i've honestly never even thought of catching my own peanut and using it as a projectile.

...i wanna practice doing it now o.o

paOol

Smash Apprentice
you can catch the peanut without having to jump. just shoot, run , dash attack.

denizen

Smash Apprentice
i've been messing around with it and i think it's worthwhile to get a peanut after taking a stock off an opponent...thanks!

Top Bottom