• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did you think you were "good" when you first started?

• Thread starter Deleted member 189823
  • Start date

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Since 64 came out, i've always thought i was the worst player ever.
And i'll always be.
That's why every time someone tells me that im the best Jigglypuff player he fought so far i'd say
"stfu".

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
When I first started playing, I knew that it'd take time to become even half decent at the game considering that I heard that the game had changed somewhat in terms of speed, variety of characters, etc. For a time, I thought I was pretty OK, maybe mid-leveled at best (and that wasn't just because I wanted to be modest; I wanted to there to be more of a goal, and I didn't want to plateau that soon in terms of skill), so I started joining a few forums and playing with some other players who were like-minded. On one of these forums I was in, I think I did pretty well, and one of the players there invited me to join this site. After coming here, I found that there were many good players with playstyles I had never come across before, and that was all the more exciting. Not only did I get more experience from playing this group of friends I had made, I also gained a few friends I still talk to on a somewhat regular basis now. Even though I don't come on here a lot anymore, I'm glad I came here at all.

PixelPerfect

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Link1182
I thought I was good whenever I beat my friends around 2009, I didn't even know what an aerial was at the time...

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Definitely not.

In fact I didn't consider myself very good until sometime last year.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Nope. I thought I was decent but not great. Brawl was so much different compared to Melee, it was hard for me to adapt.

In fact I never actually won tournament till recently. It seems people have stopped playing Brawl for Melee, Project M,
and Smash 4.

Top Bottom