• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did you main Bowser because..

yoda55

Smash Cadet
I also use bowser because his daughter wendy o koopa is one hot koopa. :laugh:

PredictablyStubborn

Smash Apprentice
I don't main bowser, but I play him quite a lot.

I saw gimpy play, and I was like "oh crap, I want to try that." Bowser is fun as hell to use.

DwaynBibad

Smash Cadet
Before I settled on Bowser, I used Pikachu, Zamus, Snake and Wario.
I mained Bowser because I'm a scrub and he's the easiest to use of the group.
I don't have to think about which attacks to build damage with and which to Smash with, because they're the exact same ones! (except for Flamethrower).

Edgeguarding is easy, his throw range is great, and he can grab characters that are behind him (which is pretty much all the time, lol).

I love his new throw, and the fact he can Bowsercide with it.

Most of all, I love his new bling bling silver color pallette.

KoopaKiD

Smash Cadet
because I main'd him eight years ago, then switched to Samus while he was secondary, then when I saw Samus was nerfed in Brawl, I took Bowser back up again cuz he is most importantly UNDERUSED.
and you guys act like Gimpy is your only pro inspiration -_- ever heard of MagnuM or CHAOtic? regardless Gimpy doesnt even use Bowser anymore, he switched to Mk and Ganon.

residentevilrulz

Smash Apprentice
Right the EFF on koopakid! People like you make me happy. All anyone talks about is gimpy.. and for whatever reason he doesn't even rep Bowser anymore. I don't care or anything, he's entitled to use whoever he wants just like everyone else. It's just the fact that he has such a gay fanboy service that thinks he's the OMGBESTEVERRRR with a character that he doesn't even use anymore

KoopaKiD

Smash Cadet
exactly my point, I don't hate him for switching off Bowser, but I surely loss respect when he switched from an UU underdog to an OU slave of the masses -_-. His whole point of him playing Bowser in melee was to prove a point and suddenly he's backwards in his goals. I'll start listening to Gimpy when in my eyes he doesn't seem like such a hypocrite, in the mean time, there are still other pro's out there with some actually GOOD insight..

The Cash Man 2

Smash Rookie
Because he's ****ing BOWSER.

He's a giant, fire-breathing lizard, who's deceptively fast and agile, has smash attacks that people actually FEAR, AND he just looks badass. When just standing there, Bowser, looks like he means business. While Link will examine his sword or Mario will adjust his hat, Bowser slams his fist into his other claw, then roars, "COME GET SOME I'M BOWSER BIATCH."

Oh, and people think he sucks, and say so when I pick him. Then they get mad when they lose.

Pringer X

Smash Rookie
I had mained Link in Melee, and planned to main Link in Brawl. A few weeks before Brawl came out, I played Melee again because I hadn't played it in a really long time. I messed around with some characters, and I found that I really enjoyed playing with Bowser. I think around this time is when I found Gimpyfish's videos, and that encouraged me even more to get better with Bowser. It was at that point that I decided I would main Bowser in Brawl. I still play as a few different characters, but Bowser is my most used.

TrikELotus

Smash Apprentice
I started an interest in Boozer when I saw the Luke vs Eddie fights on YouTube. Luke was so hillarious and it really helped his game. I thought the metagame for Bowser was very entertaining, but I knew that even my talent for natural skill with all of Melee's characters couldn't raise someone like Bowser to Melee competitive level, like Gimpy and Luke and others have. But I screwed around with him, especially when I was fighting my lesser-skilled friends. And that helped me learn to use him efficiently in Brawl. Sure, I loved suicide killing with him at first, but now I can actually put him to use.

But Giga Bowser ftw.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Just because Bowser fits me and yeah Gimpyfish is awesome.

Top Bottom