• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did You Know Gaming Smash Bros part 5 featuring very special guest

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068

How great! :pikachu:

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
And yet again, I learned absolutely nothing. Cool how they got the announcer, though.

_gold_

Smash Master
"The Mii fighters were excluded from Brawl because the development feared they might be used for online bullying"
Haha thought that was funny. Mii's have an evil agenda. Awesome video!

The argument on Ridley being too big doesn't make sense. What about Bowser? He's huge in most of the Mario games!

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
The argument on Ridley being too big doesn't make sense. What about Bowser? He's huge in most of the Mario games!
I think he's talking more about consistency with their Smash appearances rather than their own series. In other words, you can't make Bowser into a massive stage boss and have him still be the same character that he's been for three games now, and the same could be said about making Ridley playable.

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
I don't care if I already know any of this stuff. The fact that Xander is even talking about Smash's secrets makes my day! :4pacman:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Yeah but he's a loser with no wings and a short tail. Ridley's potential will be dramatically stunted.

_gold_

Smash Master
Yeah but he's a loser with no wings and a short tail. Ridley's potential will be dramatically stunted.
The transition of his appearances in the Metroid series to Smash Bros... yes, he would have to be "nerfed" in a sense. But the differences of Bowser and Ridley don't really matter. Look at Charizard. I'd still say Charizard was shrunk just a tad, but his and Ridley's body style are pretty similar. If Charizard worked, possible Ridley could have too.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
The transition of his appearances in the Metroid series to Smash Bros... yes, he would have to be "nerfed" in a sense. But the differences of Bowser and Ridley don't really matter. Look at Charizard. I'd still say Charizard was shrunk just a tad, but his and Ridley's body style are pretty similar. If Charizard worked, possible Ridley could have too.
But Ridley is the size of like, five Charizards in height. Haha

D

Deleted member

Can we not have yet another ****ing Ridley debate, please?

_gold_

Smash Master
But Ridley is the size of like, five Charizards in height. Haha
You're tarnishing my dreams! No, what you say is true, I'm just saying it could be possible. Besides, Ridley has had numerous changes in appearance through the years. Maybe they could have developed a model more suited for Smash.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Charizard? That thing is meant to be comically cute and chibs, or chubs. Ridley eats Charizard's for breakfast.

Can we not have yet another ****ing Ridley debate, please?
winging? flaming? gliding? you've lost me.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Xander Mobus know more than any of us. I prefer he never tell nothing and keep making epic voices.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Christ. I don't even care about Ridley, and I still find that explanation stupid. If a fourteen year old with amateur tools can make him a playable fighter, I have no idea how a professional team couldn't. I also can't help but notice they left out his other comment about providing 'accurate portrayals of characters'.

The very last thing I'll say on the matter (I really don't want another debate) is that for knowing how 'anticipated of a name' Ridley is, he sure gave him the most embarrassing role of anyone not named Chrom.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
But Ridley doesn't even have to be small to be balanced. Take a look at that Project M mod, Project R!
Anyways, thanks for bringing this to us, OP. I would've gone another week or so without seeing this.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Saw this on NormalBoots!
Not gonna lie, I was kind of hoping for him to talk in the announcer voice the whole time... Wishful thinking on my part! :awesome:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, if anything, I can say I learned something.

...I wasn't aware of the Duck Hunt thing, actually. Kinda cool how that series is technically the oldest.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I remember reading the article. Xander may not have noticed that Sakurai was talking about characterization more than simply size. As well as balance. I won't lie, it's not as easy as people think it is. There's a lot to shrink, including the tail, while still keeping him looking dangerous. I don't blame Sakurai for this either.

I already knew of the previous character ideas. Although the fact Xander uses the term "considered" for Chrom is interesting. Did he actually know that by talking with Sakurai or did he look at the article that was translated(and arguably not as well as it could be, as planned and considered were too interchangeable as terms).

Top Bottom