• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did Ultimate change your main character?

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
:ultpikachu:: ........ *sigh* What do I have to say about Pikachu? Well..... they changed his Nair from something I loved wholeheartedly to something I cant stand to use, His one kill confirm was made harder to utilize, they dropped his kill power in general. I just....... cant with him. I tried. I genuinely tried. You would too if you had the same main for 20 years. That said, I just cant with Pikachu. I've been looking into other characters I used from smash 4 too.

:ultpalutena:: Something feels off about her that I cant quite grasp. Maybe it's just the rust from not playing her for a long time but I just don't get her in the same way as Smash 4.

:ultcorrin:: If I were to use a secondary, it'd be Corrin. I love alot of Corrin's moves and even though it was difficult to play him again initially, they finally became someone I'd consider myself "Decent" with. That said, Corrin cant really edgegard for crap because his nair and fair send opponents at an upward angle, which I hate. Their Fsmash is far more difficult to 2 frame with which I hate *even though I understand* Their recovery is bad. Not the worst but still quite bad. All in all, I'm basically saying, I detest Corrin's off stage play enough that I don't want to use them anything beyond a secondary.

:ultpokemontrainer:: Another secondary. This one is due to one reason and one reason only. Charizard is terrible. I get that he's meant to be used in an advantage situation but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Charizards neutral game is bad. Like really bad. Especially compared to Squirtle and Ivysaur. That's my only complaint though. Really, if they just changed some of Charizards aerials so they weren't all terrible to short hop off of, I wouldn't have as much of a problem. Both squirtle and ivysaur are amazing in their own right. Ivysaur I'd seriously consider as a main if it were her alone. Squirtle a secondary. and Charizard........ as it currently stands, NEVER!

For now that's it. I still have a few other characters I want to try namely :ultshulk:*Presently trying him desperately trying to get used to his manado arts* :ultlucario::ultmewtwo::ultgreninja::ultinkling::ultchrom: and a few others that are on the back of my mind if these don't work out. If there's one thing I can reward ultimate with after literally killing my interest in the one main I had for 20 years, it's for giving me plenty of alternatives to experiment with. 74 characters. What a scary roster.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I’m not changing mains per se, but :ultjigglypuff: might drop from main to secondary. Also, Roy was technically my third main in Melee, but I didn't pick him back up when he returned in Smash 4... but seriously, I don't ever see myself dropping :ultness: or :ultlucario:.

Last edited:

Railex

Smash Rookie
I'm still playing Robin but I don't like the changes to arcthunder and not starting with levin sword. But it still fun to play.

D

Deleted member

I will forever main Mr. Game & Watch, especially with his new F-Air, though King K. Rool is close to topping him in how much enjoyment I get out of him.

WoW Tarv

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 3431 0382 0347
Kind of. I was a Marth main in melee. I didn’t stop playing him because of the game per se. I still like him and Lucina in this game, I just wanted someone different. Eventually settled on Mewtwo because I still think he’s one of the coolest characters in the series.

Lord_Ghirahim

Smash Cadet
I play :foxmelee:, :falcomelee: and :jigglypuffmelee: in Melee. And although I like how they all feel in Ultimate, I'm instead liking :ultyounglink: the most. Also shout outs to :ultwolf:, :ultroy:, :ultincineroar: and :ultisabelle:.

Top Bottom