• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did Olimar finally get Popular or something?

extremecoopster

Smash Cadet
NNID
kittykat2
Olimar actually has a pretty underused strategy that no-one seems to even try. If a Pikmin is on somebody and they try to perform large-hitbox projectile specials or specials that stop after hitting a target, (Like samus with her nuetral b or Charizard with his side-b) It will stop, as if it hit an actual player. This DESTROYS recoveries like Ike's side-b, that puts him in helpless. Auto-aiming moves like Sonic's neutral-b or Paulutenas neutral-b will also go for Pikmin. Someone should make a thread with the list of moves that Pikmin block while latched. I don't even know if they apply this while considering MUs

Last edited:

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Olimar actually has a pretty underused strategy that no-one seems to even try. If a Pikmin is on somebody and they try to perform large-hitbox projectile specials or specials that stop after hitting a target, (Like samus with her nuetral b or Charizard with his side-b) It will stop, as if it hit an actual player. This DESTROYS recoveries like Ike's side-b, that puts him in helpless. Auto-aiming moves like Sonic's neutral-b or Paulutenas neutral-b will also go for Pikmin. Someone should make a thread with the list of moves that Pikmin block while latched.
Definitely don't need a whole thread for it. If anything you could just post it in the competitive discussion thread. As for underused strategies I'm fairly confident most knowledgeable Olimar mains use this.

Last edited:

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
Definitely don't need a whole thread for it. If anything you could just post it in the competitive discussion thread. As for underused strategies I'm fairly confident most knowledgeable Olimar mains use this.
I'm totally disagree. Rarely a common newcomer or newbie will try to read the WHOLE competitive discussion thread to find this helpful information.
They will go instead to the guides or pinned thread because they are pinned/sticked for a reason, because they tend to be important.

Even though I don't think it should create a new thread, but we do have to put this info in a new thread and sticked/pinned. Call it whatever you like, something like "helpful information", "tech information", etc.

extremecoopster

Smash Cadet
NNID
kittykat2
I know 4 different Olimars I found on FG, One sucked, (Fsmashed all day) The second one we screwed around on, and became friends, (He went by Bruh, if you use his name on FG tell me, my name was Pikman. His greeting was "Swiggity Swooty") The third one was okay, and the fourth one DEMOLISHED MY TOON LINK.

Top Bottom