• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

did any of you notice...(New Item)

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
did any one else notice the clock item in the party ball from todays update? they never did say what it is, any ideas on its function?
so far the ideas we have are:

1.slows down time/other characters
2.stops time/other characters
3.display the time(I doubt this one)
4.add time to the match(but what about stock matches, no effect?)
5.reverses time/damage?(with a match recording option I think this is a realistic possibility)
6.something else?

this item has apperaed in a few nintendo games
1.legend of zelda
2.super mario 2
3.catlevania
4.mario party(4?)

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
If I were to take a wild stab, seeing as we know we have the Mario Kart Lightning Bolt that functions as an "anti-mushroom" so to speak (as in instead of you getting bigger, everyone else gets smaller), I'd guess it's almost like an "anti-bunnyhood" in that instead of making you faster everyone else gets slower (like in the Slow Melee mode in Special Melee, except the item user is excluded). Just a guess of course.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Blobulator. It could initiate a slo-mo mode, or a super fast mode, giving everyone a bunny hood of sorts.

Kirby_M@ster

Smash Ace
I agree that it would most likely affect speed; having an item that froze everybody else might be a tad exploitable unless it was for a very short time.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Well we've heard multiple things. For all we know it might

- freeze time around the character for a brief time

-slow down your opponents

-display the time

-add minutes to a time match

-Reverse the stage 5 seconds in time.

-It could be a new collectible item like the CD (who knows what it would do though)

-shoot ou laser beams

That's the best I could come up with at least.

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
It's an item that, when picked up, will push the Brawl's release date into the future one month! Isn't it obvious?

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
ok, but if this item can control time, would it affect damage you have taken? for example, if you got hit by link's bomb, and then used the clock, when you got reveresed back through the bomb, will you recover damage?or take more?

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was a Franklin Badge at first, lol.

It probably slows down time; we had a MODE like that in melee but not an item...

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I thought it was a Franklin Badge at first, lol.

It probably slows down time; we had a MODE like that in melee but not an item...
since its safe to assume slow-mo and lightning melee modes are returning to the custom scene, this item could be useful in many ways. one would be that if it made you faster you could move at normal speed in slow-mo melee while everyone else is...wel...slow(but the bunny hood did this to some extent in melee so I doubt this). or in lightning melee it would slow down your opponents and keep you as the fastest attacking and moving.

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
Maybe if you though it, it sits still and makes a time warp, and everything around it goes in slow-mo, talk about easy prey ^^

Or you can stick it on some one like a stick bomb, but it only freezes them =/

I like both ideas, but noing brawl, they have something ten times better! XD

Snakz

Smash Ace
since its safe to assume slow-mo and lightning melee modes are returning to the custom scene, this item could be useful in many ways. one would be that if it made you faster you could move at normal speed in slow-mo melee while everyone else is...wel...slow(but the bunny hood did this to some extent in melee so I doubt this). or in lightning melee it would slow down your opponents and keep you as the fastest attacking and moving.
Not to mention we had giant and tiny mode in Melee, even though we had super and poison mushrooms as normal items.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
I probably stops or more likely slowes down other player, maybe you throw it at someone and they are slowed for a temporary amount of time

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
I think that item is from the Super Mario bros series from the SNES that slow down time

kraid_ridley

Smash Rookie
The original Legend of Zelda had a stopwatch item that would freeze all enemies on the screen. It could possibly be this item.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
After Mario picks up a certain amount of turnips in Super Mario Bros. 2, a stopwatch appears, which grants Mario five seconds of time to escape, or to come up with a plan. Everything freezes, but enemies can still hurt you.

sirmackerel

Smash Apprentice
I'm hoping for the clock to have a ZA WARUDO effect, followed by your character going "MUDA MUDA MUDA" as you beat up your frozen opponents, finished off by a WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY as a steamroller drops on them.

courte

Smash Lord
did any one else notice the clock item in the party ball from todays update? they never did say what it is, any ideas on its function?
so far the ideas we have are:

1.slows down time/other characters
2.stops time/other characters
3.display the time(I doubt this one)
4.add time to the match(but what about stock matches, no effect?)
5.reverses time/damage?(with a match recording option I think this is a realistic possibility)
6.something else?
yea just went back and saw that

i wonder what it will be
if anyone's seen the gametrailers gameplay with the smash coin which is actually a trophy stand ((turns who ever you throw it at into a trophy)) i'd imagine it simply paralyzes them

Croco

Smash Lord
It probably either slows down and or speeds up time.
I have a list of items on my gametrailers.com profile blog..
The "Stop Watch" is one of them.. lol
So was the "Thunderbolt" from Mario Kart. (That was confirmed right?)

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Even though I'm pretty sure most people have said this... it could be the clock from Castlevania? (stopping movement except for the player who grabs it)

Jengs900

Smash Cadet
I think the only possible function for it is that it slows down the time for everybody else. Or it could reverse time. It's an interesting item nonetheless.

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
All I know is I accurately predicted that item.

About six months ago, On the Nsiders, I made a detailed thread explaining a clock item

It would cause slow motion, freeze motion, or lightning speed motion.

I am really excited! I PREDICTED AN ITEM!!!!

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
It reminds me of two things :

First, the clock in Zelda 1. It is used to freeze all monsters on screen for around 20-30 seconds.

Second, the clock in Super Mario Bros 2. It is used... to freeze all monsters on screen for around 20-30 seconds.
(I can't find a picture of it, dαmn :mad:)

Maybe this clock will be used to freeze your enemies for 5-10 seconds. You could do damage to them but they wouldn't move at all : zero knockback. A little bit like a freezy thrown on everyone...

Croco

Smash Lord
Even though I'm pretty sure most people have said this... it could be the clock from Castlevania? (stopping movement except for the player who grabs it)
I was thinking it might be from Castlevania also.. because the stopwatch is blue in Castlevania.

MetaNiGHTs

Smash Cadet
Maybe it will act like the IceClimbers freeze glitch in melee but only for a few seconds

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
It's most certainly the stopwatch from SMB2. Not sure if it'll freeze time (Seems kind of broken), or will slow it down for everyone but you. We shall see.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
the stopwatch/clock has appeared in many nintendo games.
1.legend of zelda
2.super mario 2
3.catlevania
4.I think there are more...oh ya mario party 4(or whatever number it was)

it has the same effect in all of them though, freeze your enemy for X amount of time(except mario party, it sent the game to the last three turns). so by looking at this pattern we can asume it is a stop watch with the same effect, but maybe for a shorter period of time than 10 seconds, probably more like 5 seconds.

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
well you have to think of the balance aspect of it..

you cant have an item that randomly and UNFAIRLY stops everyone.
what if you get a party ball, and theres more than one?
grab two and cause a time rip in the galaxies matrix?

I think-eth not!

Top Bottom