• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dialga?

Cyrus Falcon

Smash Rookie
Not playable, but what about Pokeball pokemon?

Dialga would come out and use Roar of Time, slowing down everything except for whover summoned him.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I doubt it. SSBM had Gold and Silver while SSBB has Ruby and Saphire.

metallic shadow

Smash Apprentice
there will not be any sinnoh pokemon in brawl,
MAYBE execpt for lucario since he was released
before D/P came out.

mewtwo has a 70% of getting in.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Wouldn't mind knowing where you got that percentage from.

Personally, I like the idea of making a slo-mo effect. Though'd be interesting if slo-mo melee makes a comback and you get Dialga, heh.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
SSB had 1st gen

SSBM had 1st and 2nd gen.

SSBB will have 1st, 2nd, 3rd AND 4th gen

It's logarithmic, not linear.
agreed.
that's how it will happen.
and yeah, dialga will probobly be a pokeball IMO.
that's a good idea for what his attack would do as well.
but you didn't need to make an entire thread about it, you should have made it for pokemon that will be in pokeballs in general.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I doubt it. SSBM had Gold and Silver while SSBB has Ruby and Saphire.
Why are so many people glued to the idea that there will only be Ruby/Sapphire pokemon? We only have two pokemon to base that on; there's no reason to think 4th gen pokemon won't appear.

Anyway, I like the Dialga idea for a pokeball, and I wouldn't be surprised if they actually implemented it.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Just an observation. I think it would be cool for the 4th generaion to make an appearence however, given the pattern, I thought the 4th gen would make an appearence in the next SSB game. I've been wrong before. I personally would love to see a healthy mix of all generations of pokemon but ones we have never seen in the Smash Bros. franchise.

Kaid, do you know for sure that 4th gen will be in SSBB? If you have any sources or links, that would be amazing to read.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i still think meowth is the most viable choice for pokemon, put meowth, pika, jiggly to fill out the original triad. then put in a new legendary and then either lucario or another legendary

WaddleDee

Smash Rookie
The middle of nowhere, behind that dust-cloud.
Does anyone know for sure that the Fourth Generation won't be in this game? No [save... you know. 8U]. I, too, would enjoy solid proof whether they are not. <3

Of course, it's decently possible, but I simply find it illogical. Diamond/Pearl has been out for almost a year in Japan, so seriously. AND WITH THAT, I would assume Sakurai has adapted himself and SSBB to the newest generation of the Poke'mans, as he has now with the Third Generation.

Of course, I don't know everything, and I could very well be wrong, but still. This is my take on the subject.

And Venus, there is no pattern. SSBM came out decently before [... about a year and a half if I recall correctly] the Third Generation of Poke'mon-- which made it pretty much impossible to put Wailord in. >:

Anyway, Dialga and Palkia would be <3. I can't be bothered to think of the effects of their attacks, mainly Palkia's Spacial Rend.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
The 4th gen has been around in Japan since September of last year... plenty of time for them to program in some Pokeymanz.

One thing people seem to be forgetting though, is that you need some non legendaries to do some small damage in there as well.

Cyrus Falcon

Smash Rookie
Dialga AND Palkia should be in pokeballs. Palkia would use spacial rend, and, um, don't know what that wouls do.
I don't know either. But another reason Dialga should make it to Brawl is that in Melee, they used Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres (1st gen), Suicune, Entei, Raikou, Ho-oh, and Lugia (2nd Gen) and now they're using Groudon, who was the main star of Ruby. If they stick Kyogre or Rayquaza in, then why not Dialga or Palkia?

Though I don't think all of the D/P legendaries should appear. They have a lot in that game, I counted 14. (15 if you consider Rotom)

killbeast301

Smash Lord
I don't know either. But another reason Dialga should make it to Brawl is that in Melee, they used Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres (1st gen), Suicune, Entei, Raikou, Ho-oh, and Lugia (2nd Gen) and now they're using Groudon, who was the main star of Ruby. If they stick Kyogre or Rayquaza in, then why not Dialga or Palkia?

Though I don't think all of the D/P legendaries should appear. They have a lot in that game, I counted 14. (15 if you consider Rotom)
You're linking each trio to dialga and palkia? While they should still get in, it's not because of each trio. They included mew, as a pokemon, even if it didn't do anything, and they're including deoxys. Those would be reasons to include Di/Pa

Maybe Palkia's attack would be that it takes the section of space around it and flips it, or something. So when you run through you suddenly appear on the other side of Palkia, and your controls are messed up. Eh?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Yay! Someone else had the same idea as me for what Dialga should do, but they had the balls to make a thread about it...

I thought it'd be neat if not only did Dialga slow down your opponents, but also speed up whomever threw it's ball too for maybe... five or six seconds?

For Palkia, I think it should shrink your opponents while increasing your size (like the poison mushroom and super mushroom do) also for five or six seconds.

Hound

Smash Cadet
Dialga is the time pokemon and Palkia is the space one, if I am correct. (I haven't dealt with pokemon for a LONG while).

Anyways, what if Palkia randomly paused the fight and switched the stage they were fighting on. Seeing as how it is the space pokemon....

Just an idea. And now that I think about it more, the more not good it sounds....

Zantetsu

Smash Master
@ the whole no sinoh pokemon thing

Yes there will most likely be some sinoh pokemon in ssbb. Diamond and pearl came out in September in japan and ssbb is going to be in December of usa. So the pokemon will be known for about a year and a hlaf by the time its released. By the looks of it the johto pokemon came out in summer of 99' and melee came out in winter of 01' so thats only a half of a year more also. So the sinoh pokemon have a good chance =D

Top Bottom