• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Di problems

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
So I as a falcon player, sadly don't know how my opponent should be diing my combos...so basically i'm looking for advice to give my friends, where should they di the famous nair/upair juggles...both regular DI and smash DI directions would be nice if you know them

technomancer

Smash Champion
Down and Away is best for Falcon combos, but away works as well. Always more away than down, anyway.

Away is the DI for in general, works against pretty much every launcher except ones that launch behind the character for a bair, and things like peach's dthrow, luigi's throws (DI behind or get gayed supreme), marth's tipped uptilt, etc.

God I'm such a wealth of knowledge and bad at this game at the same time.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
sometimes DI up will get you high enough to double jump out of falcon combos too, especially nair chains.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
see, that's what was bothering me...i remember when first learning my nair chains that i read somewhere that i had to make sure to hit with the tips of my feet or the opponent might di up and get out...so in general away, but maybe up if it appears like you're starting to get above the nair chain...though the falcon will probably switch to uair then. thanks guys

TheBlackNoodle

Smash Rookie
Sounds like your friends don't normally DI anything... if they did, they'd try like hell to get out of those nair juggles, hehe.

If you can chainthrow, you should do that repeatedly to force your friends to learn DI. Just piss them off until they realize the only way to get out is to push hard in THIS direction. Once they can do it without thinking, they'll figure out the directions on their own and make it less predictable for you.

Top Bottom