• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DI or Die 3: Heartbreaker - February 15, 2014 - Oak Grove, MO

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Location: Pew! Pew! Card & Game 1404 South Broadway Suite A, Oak Grove, MO 64075

This will be our third monthly tournament, and for the first time will be hosting Melee along with Project M! We had 28 entrants at our last tournament, and we hope it continues to grow, so spread the word!

Tentative Schedule of Events:
2:00 P.M. Venue opens
2:15 P.M. Registration opens
3:15 P.M. Registration for Melee closes
3:30 P.M. Start Melee Events
5:45 P.M. Registration for Project M closes
6:00 P.M. Start Project M Doubles.
8:00 P.M. Start Project M Singles

Fees:
*Singles Entry Fee-$5
*Doubles Entry-$10 Per Team
*Venue $6
*Venue fee will be reduced by $5 to those who bring set-ups, and/or CRT's. This will be determined on a first come first served basis.
*To Receive the venue fee discount your equipment must be available for the duration of the tournament.

Payouts:
*Melee/PM Doubles:
1st-50%
2nd-30%
3rd-20%
*PM Singles:
1st-40%
2nd-30%
3rd-20%
4th-10%

Project M Rules: https://www.apex-series.com/rules/projectm/
Note: Stage list for Project M is slightly changed from the Apex rules. PS1 and Skyloft are banned and Dracula's Castle is legal
Melee Rules: https://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/
Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/691495160895388/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming
KCMO facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/734815379867767/

Last edited:

T-Murder

Smash Apprentice
We actually have melee. When was the last melee tourney in kc? I don't even remember. We hoping to draw in even bigger crowds than usual

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I just hope people will actually enter, remember when we tried to host Brawl? Literally two people wanted to enter so they just had a money match in the corner while the rest of us played PM lol.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Wait, so if I'm only interested in P:M Singles, do I still have to show up at 2:30ish? Or am I allowed to arrive closer to when my event starts? Sorry for the dumb question, I've never been to a tournament before. Also, if I can make it, I can bring my own Wii/P:M, but my TV is too big to lug around. Is it okay if I USB load?

Last edited:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
@ BigHairyFart BigHairyFart If you only wanna do PM singles just be there no later than 8, of course friendlies for both games start at 2:30, so if you wanna play with people before the tournament you can show up anytime after that, and yeah USB loader is fine as long as you have the full codeset with no custom character or stage textures, but assuming you arrive at 8 you most likely won't get the venue fee discount since it's on a first come first served basis.

Last edited:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Bring your own please. Some people may or may not bring spares, but we don't like to share.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Alright, one final question. How long can I expect this to last? Any kind of estimate on about when it will wrap up at?

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I think the shop closes at midnight, so probably not later than that.

psykotikone

Smash Rookie
I think the shop closes at midnight, so probably not later than that.
Well...the shop TECHNICALLY closes at Midnight, yes. However, to accommodate events and whatnot...Well, that's a lie too. The shop is rarely ever closed at Midnight. The shop closes when activity has died down. Sometimes that's at Midnight, sure. Most of the time, it's well past 3am. The shop will stay open as long as there are still people in there, as long as someone with a shop key is willing to stay, and as long as at least some transactions are still occurring. Time, on the late side of things, isn't an issue.

Source: I practically work there. Plus, I'm probably going to close the shop that night.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
As I read that post I imagined it being said by the announcer from SF4.

Top Bottom