• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DI Another Day: Perth's First National Major

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
Perth, Western Australia may be a small and relatively unknown community, but we are looking to change that with our first national major event, DI Another Day! With a massive 163 entrants across three games, DI Another Day is sure to be one of the best Smash Bros. competitions in Australia. But who are these entrants? Well, a combination of local talent and out of stage challengers will be battling it out to claim the prize and title of inaugural winner of DI Another Day.

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Coming off the back of an average showing by Perth in May's Battle Arena Melbourne 7, the local players will be looking to defend their honour on home turf against primary interstate challenger, Dekar. Dekar, who is coming out retirement for this tournament, is one of Victoria's best and most respected players. A Marth main, he held #1 title for many years. As for the local names to look out for, keep an eye on these guys
  • Quetz: Local hero and Peach main. Dominant in Perth for a long time.
  • Karu: Hails from Peru but has been in the Perth scene for a while. Dangerous spacie main.
  • Niven: Tenacious Marth main with a long history of consistent good placings.
  • Elka: Her Peach oozes patience and smarts. Can duke it out with all of Perth's best
  • DePolaroid: Karu's younger brother, feared Marth main. Has always been a top contender in the scene since he joined it.
To hype up Melee at DI Another Day even more, watch this trailer by Sundowns!

Super Smash Bros. For Wii U

With none of Perth's top players traveling interstate this year, DI Another Day will be Perth's first true test to find out just how we stack up against the best of the rest. Thanks to a gaggle of travelers from the Eastern states, DI is sure to be an excellent proving ground for the best of Perth. Watch out for

• Joel: Master of spacing, beware his pivot grabs and smart Luma placement
  • Kevin: Vicious Sheik main, cool and calculating
  • eltoNNNNNN: The Villager main who is making a return to the scene after a short spell. Has won 16 tourneys and will be looking to make it 17
  • Corpsecreate: This Toon Link knows all the tricks and book. Historically, was unbeaten in Perth Brawl tourneys and won the first national he attended.
  • Exor: Aggro Mario who was the first to knock eltoNNNNNN out of a tourney.
But of course, there are some interstate players you just need to see
  • Boozer: Victorian and long time Bowser main. Known for his intimate fanfiction bromance with Aerodrome
  • Kira: Deadly Zero Suit main from New South Wales. Has plenty of tricks up her sleeve.
  • Jei: Won July's Melbourne Monthly. His Yoshi is an absolute force.
  • Earl: Ryu and Little Mac main. Currently the #1 ranked player in Victoria and coming off the back of a victory
  • M: Intelligent Palutena main from NSW, his play is brimming with strategy.
Of course, who knows, there could be an upset so for those not excited already, watch this trailer made by Little Z to help get to know some of the other Perth players!

Project M

Perth has been at the forefront of Project M play in Australia for some time now and although there aren't any major Project M visitors coming for DI, there will be fierce competition between Perth's creme dela creme. Our top players include
  • Corpsecreate: Utterly dominant Toon Link. Fierce combos and mind games. Will read you like a book.
  • DW | Chappos: Meta Knight main and the only person to take a set off Corpse in recent history.
  • Quetz: Aggressive and highly pressuring ROB main. Sports flashy combos and intelligent usage of his projectiles.
  • Sundowns: A slick Mario main. Recently shifted focus to Melee but is still a force to be reckoned with on his day.
  • Karu: His spacies skills carry over perfectly from melee. Incredibly technical despite never focusing on the game.

With all this crammed into one tournament spanning three days, it would be crazy not to tune in and watch some of Perth's best players fight it out. So be sure to tune into Perth Smash to see all of the hype matches!

Maribro is incredibly excited to be taking part in his first national. Follow him on twitter to share the hype @LHC_Maribro

AEFrazzleCandy

Smash Cadet
NNID
GatorCrash
Very clever poster, that would be funny if someone put that in their room. XD As for the tournament, it sounds very intense! :b:

ProjectilePuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MilouPadley
3DS FC
1075-0715-3179
Damnit, i was soon to make this my title for a Smash 4 Montage. Thanks.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
I saw Boozer and I was sold. I haven't seen any gameplay from him from anything in quite some time.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
now that's charming... except I got one question...

:troll:since when was Falco a girl?:troll:

Googers

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ronsico
3DS FC
1435-6770-6493
I wish I could be there so I can provide Boozer with water bottles and towels.

I could have signed people's hats too.

RIP Googers top pleb 2k15.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
  • Boozer: Known for his intimate fanfiction bromance with Aerodrome
oo man i can't miss this

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
"DI another Day"

I think i will never get up from a such astonishing name!

Kirbymeister

Smash Cadet
NNID
hazzahbazzah
3DS FC
3823-8971-1294
yes.
just...yes. yes!
finally, a local tournament!
this'll be interesting. I'll watch the stream if I can.

Last edited:
Top Bottom