• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
No, because all my loved ones including my family would pass away and I would have to live with the grief for all eternity instead of moving onto the afterlife to see them again.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
How about if there was no after life? You could always drink it out. Also time is the most effective band-aid. It may be difficult at first, but after a couple hundred years...

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
It sounds like hell on earth. Time can heal, but so can the sweet fulfillment of living a full life and dying of normal causes knowing that your place in this world was meaningful in some shape or form.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Alright now let me ask you this. In being granted your immortality you were also granted the ability to make others immortal. Unlimited. How about then?

Super Fabulous

Joey|Ranmaru
Depends on what's tied with it. What's needed to accomplish it, and to re-accomplish it.

Also would suck to be immortal and your head was cut off or something like that.

Super Fabulous

Joey|Ranmaru
That's how you kill immortals though. Haven't you seen Highlander?!
Exactly. Being immortal means if something horrible happens to you you have to live with it since you are immortal. ... er wait. or do you die actually if your head is cut off?

and no I haven't seen highlander. D:

I don't know what you mean by the first line.

In this scenario you cannot be wounded in any way.

I don't see how that would be possible. I only see the ability to be immortal, not to be... er... not be able to be wounded. I dunno what ability that is but it's different from immortality.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
If I were immortal I'd enjoy all the simple things in life. Like riding down New York and meeting all the new kids on the block.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
How about if there was no after life? You could always drink it out. Also time is the most effective band-aid. It may be difficult at first, but after a couple hundred years...
Time doesn't heal ****. It's what you do with it. Time is an enabler, the healing is all you.

I'd take immortality doe

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Exactly. Being immortal means if something horrible happens to you you have to live with it since you are immortal. ... er wait. or do you die actually if your head is cut off?

and no I haven't seen highlander. D:

I don't see how that would be possible. I only see the ability to be immortal, not to be... er... not be able to be wounded. I dunno what ability that is but it's different from immortality.
It's a hypothetical lol. Your full self is immortal so no parts will be separated from you. Would you take it or not. What do you mean by what's needed to accomplish it?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Time doesn't heal ****. It's what you do with it. Time is an enabler, the healing is all you.

I'd take immortality doe

I'd take immortality doe
Unless you have this, enough time will cure any emotional experience without fail.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Exactly. Being immortal means if something horrible happens to you you have to live with it since you are immortal. ... er wait. or do you die actually if your head is cut off? and no I haven't seen highlander. D: I don't see how that would be possible. I only see the ability to be immortal, not to be... er... not be able to be wounded. I dunno what ability that is but it's different from immortality.

I have seen Highlander.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Seriously though, once you proved you were invincible, who in their right mind wouldn't jump off the tallest building to directly experience free-fall.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
part of me thinks being immortal would end up being phrased like one of those morality tales- sure, you want it now, but when you have it you would find out that you'd rather not have it after all.

the other part of me thinks you cannot possibly be immortal so it's having a hard time coming coming up with a sensible answer.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Just watched Highlander. Plot holes to the maximum. Mainly the fact that they didn't think to advance their weaponry as weaponry advanced. I'm pretty sure a sawed-off shotgun would be far more efficient in removing an enemy's head than engaging in a sword battle. Or pretty much any sort of explosive weapon. And even if not that you could still slow them down enough to finish them off with a sword strike. Jeeeez.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It does mean something. There are subtle and marked differences between cartoons and animes that reveal some underlying cultural influences. I wouldn't expect an American release of Pokemon or Digimon to come out in the first place, much less for there to be a semblance to the original series that we have currently ported from Japan. You wouldn't call a manga a comic, because it's a manga. The originating source of distribution isn't the reason why I distinguish between the two, it's because there are motifs in Japanese animes or mangas that you wouldn't usually see from America. Take for example hikikomoris (complete shut-ins) which you see as a thing in Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo, Kaiji, and The Money of Soul and Possibility. They are not only more frequently noted in Japanese animation but also have a different portrayal than how they would be represented in a cartoon.
Oh they have different motives because of the underlying culture, they are no longer cartoons! Live action Japanese movies aren't films, you have to call them FIRUMU because they are based around Japanese culture!

British cartoons are also markedly different to American ones, as are their comics. They're still cartoons and comics. You are literally not getting the point here because you're too busy skating around in weeaboo land on your Kawasaki Ninja.

Take a look at your genre defining cartoons and then take a look at your pick of genre defining animes. I would never define Battle Royale as being a cartoon and I would never place a Superman comic as a manga. Implying that my familiarity with mangas and animes makes me biased towards distinguishing them from comics is true in the sense that actually knowing something about each genre makes it inappropriate to pool the two together when they have culturally different tones. I don't understand why you would accuse me of being biased. I just refuse to pool together an animated cartoon series like Ducks the Animated Series which came out in 1996 with a series like Yu Yu Hakusho which I believe debuted in 1995. Although both feature supernatural elements, Ducks likely drew some support from the success of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Yu Yu Hakusho similarly drew support from the success of the Dragon Ball anime. Yes, animes and animated cartoons have different countries of origin and that does make a significant difference because the target audience and underlying culture is also surprisingly different regardless of how strong you think the influence of globalism was in the mid 90's.
Yeah and you're failing to realise that the underlying culture doesn't mean **** when it comes to whether it's a cartoon or not. Cartoon is the base form of what these things are. You can have all kinds of cartoons, doesn't make them not cartoons. You seem to take the word cartoon as some sort of pejorative word because "DON'T INSULT MY SACRED ANIME NIPPON BANZAI!" but the fact of the matter is that cartoons are made all across the world, with wildly different styles and traditions, why is it that only Japanese animation suddenly can't be referred to as cartoons? When I was a kid, all Japanese animation (and there were a good few), were called cartoons, because that's what they were. It was only really with the onset of broadband and a while after the explosion of Pokémon and Yuigioh that this whole Otaku culture took off and started making these arbritrary distinctions because Japan is so glorious and all its productions fit in a class of their own. I mean traditional Japanese music fits into a system completely different to the western. We work on a diatonic harmonic system, they work on pentatonic, with different harmonic and melodic patterns in their entirety. You don't see people saying NO IT'S NOT MUSIC, IT'S ONGAKU! I!

I wouldn't know, I feel that the series is a shameless cash grab so the only appeal it had to me was when I was kid and didn't know any better. And that was a really long ****ing time ago.
So was Misa Misa in Death Note but most jobbers loved her. At least Pokémon didn't have experience breaking **** like that, in its defence.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Real talk probably.

Both times I've been there I had a great fkn time.

OH AND LET ME TELL YOU BOUT DA GIRL I HOOKED UP WITH OVER THERE ZEN

Kappa
oh don't get me wrong, i've nothing against ireland at all. It's just not what I was expecting out of Boston! cool though

Top Bottom