• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Billy stayin true to that 5th place. :p
haha that's what i said

Back to my home, I feel so comfortable lol.
move up son!

ill steal it from u next time =D
don't try to take 5th lol

Yo guys, here are the results for the $2 tournamen:
1: Infinity
2: Melee1
3: D4ba
4: Fogo
5: bwett

And the free tournament afterwards:
1: Melee1
2: D4ba
3: Fogo
4: bwett1

haha our order is pretty consistent

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
I enjoyed my first bwett get together. Crazy amount of setups. I'll have to bring something more handy. Ugh at attempting to fix my controller during friendly time. Although the non-tourney matches I had were satisfying, I wanted more ganny/zelda/ness practice.

Appreciate everyone who contributed. Victory to Monica and whoever brought cherry coke and sunkist. Dallas knows what's up.

Brave~ Thank you for ensuring my advent. Those three brawl matches plus 2 hours of melee got us our top half placing :laugh:.

Big Bob~ You are my nemesis. I will treat you so from now forward.

My ganny went 2/2, FEAR.

Melee'ers(?) we must train soon. I dunno about driving pflugerville but a Dallas crew battle vs anyone in Texas would probably lead to our victory. Also...
I fixed my controller all by my lonesome. So imagunna whoop yall up!

HERBIVORES ASSEMBLE!

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
Iunno, ever since that pre-A-Kon tournament I've always thought of Shuz as my rival. But we can be enemies too if you want.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Melee'ers(?) we must train soon. I dunno about driving pflugerville but a Dallas crew battle vs anyone in Texas would probably lead to our victory.
Pflugerville is essential. It's only 3 hours and you have all the joys of a large Austin-based Melee tournament.

Please tell me you and your car are going, Landon.

And I haven't played Melee in 3 weeks...

Jumpman23

Smash Cadet
The dates and locations for the midnight gaming championship brawl tournies in the dallas area are out:

August 9 3902 S. Great Southwest Pkwy Grand Prairie 75051
August 16 4360 Legacy Dr (@ Lebannon) Frisco 75034
August 23 769 Airport Freeway (@ Precinct Line) Hurst 76053
August 30 11102 N. Central Expwy(@ Royal Lane) Dallas 75243

Registrations start at at 6pm

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
9th place? That's hella better than I expected to get. You know, for someone who doesn't try to get good at this game, I'm not bad. [/horn]

Monica, you deserved mega props on the goodies. Only reason I was any sort of "critical" on the cookies is because I'm a baker myself. The brownies were awesome as usual. UT3?1?!? I haven't played any UT since the first one. Great game.

To all who played me, I say those were some good matches. I will do better next time. Dunno when the next time will be since has that whole schedule thing. Maybe I can bribe gas money out of Lock and VlaD.

Kyas, Sorry we didn't get those after-matches in. Next time, bro, next time.

Bwett

Smash Ace
move up son!

haha our order is pretty consistent
I'm pushing for money the next tournament we go to. Also, what Houston or whatever tourney were yall planning on going to cuz I think I want in. Gimme the details.

Yeah, recently its been crazy consistent besides random out of towners and what not

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
we need to go to the midnight gamer's events.

like every one, and we should have a pretty good chance of nagging 1st and second unless there's some amazing no name out there waiting to destroy us.

i highly doubt that though.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
I would be goin to the HOBO 9 in houston; but their venue max capacity is sittin at 45. *sad face*

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Hey guys, thanks for everything I had a really great time down there in Texas. SHOUTOUTS!!

Infinity- Cool as **** bro, thanks for EVERYTHING. Driving home playing catch with those ppl was fun as ****, definitely a time I will never forget in my life. You made my trip way better and for that I thank you. As far as an actual player goes, you're really really smart, but I think you have a TON of room for improvement. Like, there's just so many things you don't capitalize on, you're like an amazing player with a lot of smarts but not abusing everything you can. It's weird. You're still really good though, I encourage you to play more and get better. :)

Fogo- Air son. That's all I got to say. lol jk, but really your DDD is beast, but I think it could be better. You need to actually THINK more. You know a lot about DDD and you can get grabs off well...but after a while when you're figured out, you don't switch it up really. Study about approaches and defensive options more and I think you'll get a whole lot better.

Bwett- Idk why, I could take your Yoshi with my Snake but not my MK...I think I beat your Yoshi one match with my MK, but that's nothing. I think you know that matchup really well and you know how to abuse Yoshi to the max, but at the same time I think once someone that is smarter than me, like Inifinity, knows how to get around your tricks...It gets a whole lot easier. Same thing as Fogo...Just work on thinking about more options.

Wobbles- Dude you have so much potential but you just don't care about Brawl enough. I think you'd like it better if you started winning more though. Like if you practiced and then started winning, I think you'd get a whole lot more into it.

Melee1- Good job destroying my MK, but my Snake proved to be tougher. Good job though. I thought after playing Forward and DSF you'd have Snake on lock, but meh.

GG's to alll I played. You guys are awesome.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Ahaha thanks man, can't wait to see/play you again.

I'll get some more tricks, but I don't see too many ppl around here ever getting used to them. (without spamming something)

;)

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Going to a Smash Tournament with your friends - $5

Getting a drink at the tournament - $1.25

Playing catch with a beach ball in traffic on the way home from the tournament - Priceless

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's Infi~'s Car.

Thanks for the shoutout dude, I'll keep that stuff in mind. Hit us up next time you're down dude :p

felix45

Smash Lord
I don't think I have anything planned for today. I'd be up for people at my place, unless yall want a new venue lol.

That sounds fine with me :)

I have work in a little bit, but I only work an hour today. after dinner I'd probably be able to go out there and play.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion

Bwett

Smash Ace
Not that I'm personally interested but I thought some of you others might be.

Tiers listed by tournament results up to this point: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165954

Discuss.

Edit - And a visual one that shows 'character matchups.' Lawl @ Gannon. Yeah, Billy totally gets screwed on this one: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=157979

Speaking of which, I'd like to have a talk with you about your character and how you play it, Mr. B.
#1 The character ranking list, if you check the OP for a link to the all the tournaments he takes into account. Do Control+F and search for Yoshi. My name is the only one that pops up besides one other person lol.

#2 Those guys that made that matchup thread have no idea what a real Yoshi can do, it's pretty ridiculous.

EDIT: Yeah, just give me about 10 min and you'll know what I know. I guess I'll tell you some of my secrets to the art of beating MK as well, even though that might screw me over..

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
im posting the vids on youtube right now as of right now i have
Fogo vs DEV
Fogo vs Sai
Bwett vs Chowder (ynot?)

ike_love

Smash Apprentice
Umm, I'd definately be down for some smash tonight, me and BigO have been taking on the little kids at the Entertain-Mart brawl station, so it might be nice to get some real matches, lol.

Also, I haven't really planned this out to a T yet, but I was wondering if anybody would be sown with playing Melee tomorrow at my place. ( Just melee though ) There has kinda been a lack of enthusiasm for Melee, so why not have a small "fest" at my place. If you would be down, let me know on the thread or just PM me if you have a cube/wii, tv, drinks, or anything else that would be useful. Also this would be my first fest, and I really don't want to call it that. Anyway since that's the case I want it to knida not be a big deal, so there won't be like a tourny or anything, just friendlies...for now. And this is not even an official announcement, I'm just trying to get everybodies input to see if I would be wasting my time, lol. Hit me back if you're interested, and I'll let everybody know what's up by tomorrow afternoon!

ike_love

Smash Apprentice
Hold it next thursday!
Sorry, I can't do it during the week, I sleep really funky hours and I work, so it's too much trouble. But I'm always free on the weekends! If I do it tomorrow, it most likely will last a while. My roomates won't be getting in 'till late and I know they'll be up all night playing. I don't have to work 'till monday, so I'm fine all day. If you have any time tomorrow, somebody will most likely be playing!

Edit: Hey Bwett, are you guys brawling tonight or was you just asking?

Wilma

Smash Rookie
why am i the only one people hold grudges against!?!
Because you're a massive sandbagger. :psycho:

In other news, the Midnight Gaming Championship = Good times!

Rules for those too lazy to look.

1 vs 1 and to be contested on a Nintendo Wii.

Players wanting to use unlockable characters must bring their personal Nintendo Wii with all characters unlocked.

All controllers allowed for tournament (wii mote/nun chuck/classic/gamecube) Gamecube controllers will be provided.

Any controllers with "MODS" will result in an instant disqualification.

VS Melee
2/3 Games (3/5 for Championship Round)
Single Elimination
4 Stock
6 Minute Timer
Ties broken by lives, then %
No Items
Smash Balls OFF
First stage must be agreed upon.
Loser picks subsequent stages.
Gamers can choose any character for all games played
All Stages are open.
No Stage may be used twice in any given set.

Any and all types of glitching/modding will result in an instant disqualification.
Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match, (wall-bombing, rising pound,etc).

Rules are subject to change at anytime by MGC Tournament Managers.
LAWLS at "Agree on first stage" and "Bring your own **** Wii if you wanna play unlocked characters." Also, OMG at all stages, that's kinda scary. Gentlemen's agreements or rampant abuse?

And Wednesday was awesome good, for sure. I wish I had not lost my controller (I can't find it, I have more but that was my good one :urg:), because I wanted to friendly more and whatnot, and it will suck when Bwogo's go off the grid. Hopefully finding a new date will work out, until then getting our game on for MGS is the way to go.

Santi

Smash Lord
Ha ha ha ha ha oh eh eh aha ha oh eh ha.. ha ...ha

And I thought my jokes were bad.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Ha ha ha ha ha oh eh eh aha ha oh eh ha.. ha ...ha

And I thought my jokes were bad.
ahaha what up dude??

check the title and ask me questions!

Sup Dallas, I dunno if anyone else already posted this a couple pages back, but it'd be great if we could see some of y'all down here in waco for http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=879. If you don't care for the AiB link, info is also posted at our waco thread- http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=159803

Hope to see alot of you there!

Will do!

Santi

Smash Lord
ahaha what up dude??

check the title and ask me questions!
Nothing much man.
Just cruising the boards tonight since theres nothing to do.

hmmm
How bad did you sandbag against me at bwetts house?
:)

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
haha well i can't give an actual opinion on that because i have a true answer, but, i will answer yr question!

On a scale of 1-10, 10 being letting dojo's falcon 3 stock my sonic, i'd say i sandbagged on about a 6 for the majority of the time you guys were here.

When we came back after cici's i didnt sandbag at all because there was like 9 people to one wii, and i'm not about to wait that long just to get some friendlies in lol

So i played seriously, but heed my warning, although it'll make those around you better, i don't think it's smart to play full throttle all the time.

You form bad habits, you wear yourself out, it really hurts when you take a loss, and people may start to hate you.

I sandbag in ALL friendlies unless you ask me to play seriously, i just want to let that be known so people won't call john's if i tell them that later.

but yeah, basically i can do some gay things with my char, and i dont like doing them when i don't have to, so i sandbag. =D

anyone else have any questions or wanna share an opinion??

Santi

Smash Lord
haha well i can't give an actual opinion on that because i have a true answer, but, i will answer yr question!

On a scale of 1-10, 10 being letting dojo's falcon 3 stock my sonic, i'd say i sandbagged on about a 6 for the majority of the time you guys were here.

When we came back after cici's i didnt sandbag at all because there was like 9 people to one wii, and i'm not about to wait that long just to get some friendlies in lol

So i played seriously, but heed my warning, although it'll make those around you better, i don't think it's smart to play full throttle all the time.

You form bad habits, you wear yourself out, it really hurts when you take a loss, and people may start to hate you.

I sandbag in ALL friendlies unless you ask me to play seriously, i just want to let that be known so people won't call john's if i tell them that later.

but yeah, basically i can do some gay things with my char, and i dont like doing them when i don't have to, so i sandbag. =D

anyone else have any questions or wanna share an opinion??
Haha yea I could tell after Cici's
I was like where is the Fogo Magic coming from.

Yea friendlies aren't fun going all out.
Whats the purpose in chaingrabbing in a match thats for fun right?

Whats your opinion on Heath's performance with the Joker?
Opinion on PB&J Sandwiches?
and opinion on my TL?

Dude I'm loving this thread already :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom