• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
I ran a direct damage deck when i was poor. and than exodia when i ripped off a bunch of little kids for the pieces. ah i remember it like it was yesterday.

Me and chuck nasty were racing to get those pieces. and i got the last one cause a little kid wanted my flame swordsman =)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I was pretty hardcore back in the day, had a ton of different decks. I think my pride and joy was a Dark monster/Strike Ninja/Different Dimension deck, though. Also ran those Chaos Magicians that could be special summoned like the Envoys. It was pretty ****, I don't think I ever lost with it (haha, I used to do clans and **** back then too XD).

Suspect

Smash Hero
last time i played yugioh was basically when it first came out and the "Spirit cards" came out. I ran a water deck with legendary fishermans, tornado walls, umi, etc. One of the smashers in SA still plays and i beat him using his extra cards. so sad.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dude Tornado Wall, with The Legendary Sea, Legendary Fishermans, etc was SUPER gay and you know it Suspect rofl.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
wasn't jinzo limited to 1 when it came out?

also, water deck needs torrential tributes.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Mouf I quit once the good old days were gone.

It would be kinda like someone quitting Melee... never.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dang Foursaken I remember talking to you about Clown Decks awhile ago, those were pretty bada** lol. Especially with stuff like Swords of Revealing Light to force them to sit there while you stacked your side of the field and got free kills AND attacks lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
"When this card is changed from Attack Position to Defense Position, select and destroy 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field."

The **** was inevitable. Lol Dream Clown Decks had so much potential for gayness. Gravity Bind? Swords of Revealing Light? Man Eater Bugs and Change of Heart? Soul Exchange? lol

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QUSkwBqVLS4&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QUSkwBqVLS4&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
IDK, that looks more like an expansion pack or the second half of Super Mario Galaxy, instead of a Sequel to it. I'd probably still buy it, and enjoy it, but IDK I didn't see them really be much more innovative than the last game strode to be. I see a few cool new things to do, or additional things you could do along with what you could already do in the first one, instead of a new experience being humbled by its roots.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
hey everybody brawlfest at my house this friday...

let me know if you are interested in coming...
send me a message if you are interested and ill let you know the adress and my number to reach me.

ps it starts at 4 o'clock

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
LIKE I SAID, I'M STILL GONNA BUY IT AND ENJOY IT, I JUST EXPECTED SOMETHING LIKE BEING ABLE TO PLAY AS WARIO OR PEACH OR BE ABLE TO DO OTHER STUFF.

The more you know

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
LIKE I SAID, I'M STILL GONNA BUY IT AND ENJOY IT, I JUST EXPECTED SOMETHING LIKE BEING ABLE TO PLAY AS WARIO OR PEACH OR BE ABLE TO DO OTHER STUFF.

The more you know
Well you can already play as Luigi in the first one sooooooo that wouldn't be new and awesome =P

Aaaaannnnnnnnnnd Wario is a ***** and doesn't need to be in there;)

Shuz i wish i was there i would SF4 it up with you.:) ( Oh and Yoshi Wins!)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
"When this card is changed from Attack Position to Defense Position, select and destroy 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field."

The **** was inevitable. Lol Dream Clown Decks had so much potential for gayness. Gravity Bind? Swords of Revealing Light? Man Eater Bugs and Change of Heart? Soul Exchange? lol
Then along came Mobius.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Lickitung wins. His tongue paralyzes, whereas Yoshi's is just annoying.

Shuzaku

Smash Apprentice
you can come to my place on friday and bring anybody you want let me know so i can give you nubers and address,
err cant on friday...mommy shuz's bday D=

shuz... mememememememememe
DONE! pokemon anime marathon?!?!?!?

Is unlimited enchilidas still going on at On the border? If so want to grab lunch/dinner sometime this weekend marvin?
5 bucks says billy eats more enchilidas than you. SUCK IT DPHAT~! (plz dont :()

hay kates can you give a me a full brazillian?

@shuz... so just cuz you mom is asian it means she doesn nails... you racist *******.

HAHA lol.
I just realized how racist this was. LOL
racist?!?!? my mom owns her own nail shop, my dad is a head chef at a chinese restaurant. Its people like my parents that make these stereotypes true!

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
sounds awesome for exodia given the traditional ban list. wtf sangan is listed twice in the advanced.

andy, dphat, check this out! http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

u'll prob check this tommorow after ur shift. I won't be on my lappy tommorow much so here u go. Btw, I think the advanced section pertains to tournaments and nationals and ****. So go by the advanced list.
are you all playing yvd or rich people who bought the cards?

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
hey everybody brawl shindig at my house tomarrpw...

let me know if you are interested in coming...
send me a message if you are interested and ill let you know the address and my number to reach me.

ps it starts at 4 o'clock

cross rsvped

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sangan yeah. Back in the day, you had time for Sangan. Nowadays... meh.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Back in the day, you also had Pot, Graceful, WotBF, Painful Choice, MoF, and Morphing/Cyber, and several other amazing speedy cards.
Sangan's always been slow.

Now it's all about that quick, 1st turn 2nd turn kill control.

This one Exodia deck I ran back in 2002-ish. So fast that it'd win in one turn WITHOUT the Manticore OTK.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
if you had witch of the black forest, why not have sangan in an exodia deck?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
if you had witch of the black forest, why not have sangan in an exodia deck?
Oh no no, they're both great in Exodia decks.

But they're incredibly slow, especially for the time period in which Witch was allowed.

Sangan being at one back in those times was just fine as well, especially with Emissary from the Afterlife helping out with the piece searching.

It's just that it was SLOW.

Instead, if I wanted, as long as I drew Card of Safe Return, which was at 3 at that time, and a Painful Choice, I won the game. Combine that with Pot of Greed, Graceful Charity, Cyber Jar, and Morphing Jar, and things get way too easy, way too fast.

Which is still too slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom