• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dext3r vs Peek~

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
i never said 17% was not low. the video is there for evidence that it is not a true combo, my statement was saying i've gone further than that and broken it at higher percentages.

maybe we were crouch cancelling every time, but from my estimation i don't think i was. wish the video wasn't so fuzzy, i am surprised i even saw the jab>grab attempt.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
pika's jab doesn't have constant knockback.

like all jab-grabs, it gets harder to do with increased percentage because the opponent gets knocked back futher after the jab

and i already proved that it does link at higher percentages

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure Pika's jab has a constant knockback, i.e. it doesn't vary with damage %.
You can easily prove that it isn't constant by mashing A against a wall vs someone in training mode. It won't combo at first, but it will begin to as % goes up (about 45% against Fox). Plus it knocks people down at like 400%.

i never said 17% was not low. the video is there for evidence that it is not a true combo, my statement was saying i've gone further than that and broken it at higher percentages.

maybe we were crouch cancelling every time, but from my estimation i don't think i was. wish the video wasn't so fuzzy, i am surprised i even saw the jab>grab attempt.
Well, Pete pretty much proved that it links at highers %s.

I did some tests. I tried holding shield during the hitlag of the jab to see if the shield popped up before the grab. It didn't even at 0%, even against FAT characters like DK. I then tried to do it with the shielder crouch-canceling the jab and I got the shield to pop up as high as ~65% for Fox (~80% for DK).

DMoogle

A$
You can easily prove that it isn't constant by mashing A against a wall vs someone in training mode. It won't combo at first, but it will begin to as % goes up (about 45% against Fox). Plus it knocks people down at like 400%.
Yeah I know it's really easy to test. Guess I was wrong, it just has a VERY low multiplier.

Peek~

Smash Lord
Dexter(Fox)(5W) vs Peek~(Ness)(5W)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_-qxoXtQ2o

Dexter(Fox)(7W) vs Peek~(Ness)(5W)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3NRUr5ibEQ

^2nd video, 21:15-This is the jab stuff I have been trying to hit. I've done it 0-death only once but I deleted that replay as I wanted to start new this year for replays.

Is there some slight audio lag on my videos? I can never tell, if there is its very small.

Also I have a great memory of everything that happened in these matches, which is weird cause I often forget matches 10 minutes after playing them. I actually wanted to upload these with some voiceover talking by me basically explaining what was happening but I rushed these so I can get to those Post-Apex friendlies which should be up by the end of the month. I may reupload these if my memory stays sharp.

Top Bottom