• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Devy(Ganon/Falcon) vs. Fade(Marth)

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I need to work on my L-cancel for dairs....I mean what can I say, I love to stomp.
WTF?! First you take Magus's tag, now you are stealing quotes from Chaddd? Dairs are fun, but only Chaddd can say, "What can I say, I love to stomp." See his combo vid to see what I mean

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha, sorry I should've put quotes around it.

And dude....I never stole Magus' tag...I've had that tag before I started playing SSBM competitevly(sp?)...

And do you think mine says Sexy? No...it doesn't, it says Devy.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i mean, you have the basics down with ganon but you need to work on the better stuff

like mindgames, DI, sheild games

i mean, neither of you are good at any of those things i mentioned

but i must say, you did a very good job on marth's uthrow

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
I agree, you have the basics down but now comes the hard part, developing your own style of play. the mindgames will take time but the DI and combos should take a little less. always remember, if it hurts, it works.

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
Fade and I both agree we were having bad techskill days, I didn't even try doing the onto stage ledgewaveland thing because I knew I'd airdodge off the edge and kill myself.

One thing I also know I need to start doing for mindgames are wavelands on the platforms, and also work on the reverse uair edgeguard.

Fade016

Smash Journeyman
yes i had very bad tech skill that day but my mind games are soo good u cant see them. Also i do not think this Thread asked if i wanted to be critzied i am very well capable of knowing what im good at or not.
so if ur going to give any 1 advice please just keep to to devy he created this thread not me.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Hahaha, sorry I should've put quotes around it.

And dude....I never stole Magus' tag...I've had that tag before I started playing SSBM competitevly(sp?)...

And do you think mine says Sexy? No...it doesn't, it says Devy.
Well, you corrected the hell outta me...-looks to the ground in shame- lol
I no longer trust my eyes.

Anyway, Just do your best to stay near the center of the stage, cuz if marth gets you over the edge, there is rarely a good way to come back. Also, you can tech the fsmash pretty easy, but the neutral B is quite difficult to tech. Utilize the pull back of Ganon's side-B to get into marth's shell. It'll trick him into attacking, he'll miss, and you'll punish. At lower percents, you can combo from here using bair.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
Well, you corrected the hell outta me...-looks to the ground in shame- lol
I no longer trust my eyes.

Anyway, Just do your best to stay near the center of the stage, cuz if marth gets you over the edge, there is rarely a good way to come back. Also, you can tech the fsmash pretty easy, but the neutral B is quite difficult to tech. Utilize the pull back of Ganon's side-B to get into marth's shell. It'll trick him into attacking, he'll miss, and you'll punish. At lower percents, you can combo from here using bair.
thats very important. gerudo dragon his shield, and if he tries to shield grab you, f-tilt. A smart marth will just roll behind you so don't spam this constantly. take marths to DL64, not only is it Ganon approved but marths will have a hard time killing you here. Try this, if you tech his forward smash and he is close enough to the stage, as soon as you walltech up, go into a bair or uair. hope i helped. =)

Magus420

Smash Master
should I SDI to tech the the neutral b?
Smash DI to tech everything because 1 of the 2 random animations you can get on techable knockback is terrible and pushes you away from the stage. I see a charged neutral B as a 'free tech' to me since there's so much hitlag it makes timing the smash DI extremely easy. Right before when I would be getting hit I press L/R then immediately after do a quick 1/4-1/8 circle on the analog stick starting from between down&towards/towards -> up&towards, and continue to hold up&towards or whatever the best way to DI the hit would be just in case I happen to mess up. The most important part is getting the feel for when the hitlag will be since it has a smaller window than the L/R press to tech.

I also almost always up-b after holding the up/towards for a very brief moment to get it off the moment you start the walljump tech (which you do when holding an upward direction after a wall tech), so you don't push away from the wall or go up too high so the up-b reaches very far onto the stage (more than a b/u-air or whatever would). For the most part the only time you can't grab someone with it if you do it right is like if Marth spaces perfectly, tho in that case you could reverse up-b to recover and grab the edge and he would miss you in the 1st place. Might want to focus getting the timing of the smash DI on the tech down 1st and then work on timing the up-b well afterwards.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Magus, you never cease to amaze me. I try to smash DI as often as I can against the neutral B, but I forget that you can slide the c-stick and it will register multiple directions toward the stage. I'll have to go practice this on AR >:D

Top Bottom