• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Detective #1 - D4 begins

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Just a thought, Zen.

At the moment, I'm not too worried about random questions used as icebreakers. I'm more interested in figuring out what it is I'm looking for, as I can't really base questions to help get reads if I don't know what I'm reading. Overswarm has said that the game is not the same as mafia and we shouldn't treat it as such. I'm taking that to heart.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Didn't you replace me in Bingo? He'll bring that up as seeing your scum play which doesn't really count.

WL, what would you do if I said I was gonna chill most of this game?

Joey, I want you to break that 50 ft. restriction and be chill.

Soupa, at the top of your 35 you said we needed to look at things through a new perspective. What did you mean by that?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

That's an unexpected answer. Why would you get pissed for chilling?

I'd be active but more relaxed.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Kay, then to help me remain chill; keep Soupa under control. If he starts posting without thinking my jail vote may land on him. (to be honest, I may not regret it either)

Plus I can't wait to see what pictures you use to do so.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Gova! We are in a game together again! Yay.

Haha sorry it's been a while besides the one we are hydras in.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm getting a bit samey, I need to stock up on some new ones. Thankfully threadbombing didn't die like I thought it did, just a few of the images broke.

I'll do my best on Soup but it's Soup. :v

Like, seriously.
. .
<

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Because it's Soupa, that's why I think you are the one who can adequately satiate him with the balanced amount of rage/wisdom with amusing pics.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
True, I forgot about Bingo. Even so he thought I was town that game.

@Laundry: My "The hell" was more towards the first half of that post. And why did you find it necessary to state that you don't know what questions to ask any way?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
More to ya @ Zen then.

Zenny, should I be more open with my thoughts or keep things more to the chest? Why to both. Should others besides myself do the same?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719

@Laundry: My "The hell" was more towards the first half of that post. And why did you find it necessary to state that you don't know what questions to ask any way?
because i thought it was directed at the second half. vagueness, man.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Soupa, at the top of your 35 you said we needed to look at things through a new perspective. What did you mean by that?
meaning that i know this isn't mafia, and we need to figure out who would give us most benefit to jail, and also, not un-voting and re-voting of course, so that's another thing.

J said:
Soupa, I don't buddy people just to buddy you realize? I buddy based off of other things. Most of your other questions/responses are dumb. It's like your trying to act like someone you aren't.
then who am i, exactly? who is soup to you? do you not approve of trying to approach this is a different way?

Zen said:

i thought J was town, not you. ;_;

i am curious of this also.

@WL, so you're just gonna post random pictures all game eh? fine by me, make me laugh.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Nah, I won't post random pictures. All of my pictures have purpose! Meaning! They are my art. Ignore the **** on my dA (cause it's dA rorf)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
meaning that i know this isn't mafia, and we need to figure out who would give us most benefit to jail, and also, not un-voting and re-voting of course, so that's another thing.
Shouldn't you jail the people you think are the most suspicious? Just like mafia? You also solved the unvoting/revoting with FoS's/HoS's.

soupa said:
then who am i, exactly? who is soup to you? do you not approve of trying to approach this is a different way?
*stares at the first two questions*

*walks away*

*comes back for last one*

Approach it a different way? I didn't approve of your intro post, but no one has really given an answer to what else we are supposed to do besides apparantly not go at it like mafia.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
because i thought it was directed at the second half. vagueness, man.
I'm talking about in your original post. The second half. Why did you feel it necessary to state it in the first place. Obviously you find it note worthy as well since you thought that is what I was refering to in the first place.

#HBC | ѕoup

Shouldn't you jail the people you think are the most suspicious? Just like mafia? You also solved the unvoting/revoting with FoS's/HoS's.
I suppose, basically what i meant.

Approach it a different way? I didn't approve of your intro post, but no one has really given an answer to what else we are supposed to do besides apparantly not go at it like mafia.
well the lest i am getting of you right now is that you don't approve because i'm not playing 'like soup' or something around those lines, so i would like you to answer them.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Tell me what you gained from your 35 Soupa.

Tell me what you wanted to know from asking rhetorical questions, telling people what they are gonna do/threatening a bit, buddying, and saying things you don't know.

#HBC | ѕoup

They're called ice-breakers, J, i have seen people do this to get reads.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

Basically let me shorten my train of thought from it. I thought it was full of air/not real.

I also don't like unprecedented arrogance but that point is just a null-tell.

#HBC | ѕoup

Real or not, it's called ice-breaking, it gets a reaction out of someone, just like i just got one from you right now concerning it, so tell me how it was bad again?

#HBC | ѕoup

i haven't 'learned' anything, that's beside the point, i got a reaction out of it, that's the point.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm talking about in your original post. The second half. Why did you feel it necessary to state it in the first place. Obviously you find it note worthy as well since you thought that is what I was refering to in the first place.
Because I feel Soup's getting off on the wrong foot. Maybe just a little bit. It's also a precursor to whatever Broto will come in and post. People will look for scum meta, scum tells, whatever, and I feel as if we may be looking for the wrong thing. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe we are looking for the same list of tells, but Overswarm has warned us at least once that this game is not Mafia and should not be approached as such. So Soup, who's trying to get reads through mafia methods without any confirmation that the same methods will work and the same reads still apply, may be starting off on the wrong foot and that may end up distracting him throughout the game. He has stated a number of time that he gets his reads on d1.

#HBC | ѕoup

Because I feel Soup's getting off on the wrong foot. Maybe just a little bit. It's also a precursor to whatever Broto will come in and post. People will look for scum meta, scum tells, whatever, and I feel as if we may be looking for the wrong thing. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe we are looking for the same list of tells, but Overswarm has warned us at least once that this game is not Mafia and should not be approached as such. So Soup, who's trying to get reads through mafia methods without any confirmation that the same methods will work and the same reads still apply, may be starting off on the wrong foot and that may end up distracting him throughout the game. He has stated a number of time that he gets his reads on d1.
Well washed, that's what i was saying, i'm using questions to my advantage and playing a more socialable game because i feel this game will be alot back and forth rather then cases in itself.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

So tell me what read you just learned because of gaining said reaction.

This is getting troublesome.

#HBC | ѕoup

I think your reaction is a bit over-analyzed and somewhat paranoid, but also i feel that it is a town reaction.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
However, I might be wrong too. I wanted to say we should keep an open mind but on second analysis, the overall objective for scum is the same in the phase: don't get mechanic'd. In mafia, the mechanic is lynching. In detective, it's jailed. The only thing that might change is town play.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
EBWOP: Also, all my ire at no convenient means of removing inactive or unhelpful players. That's going to be frustrating down the road if Soup does some naive stupid bull**** a la UTrick'd again and we can't efficiently shut him up because we can't remove him from the game by mechanics. And lurkers are the bane of all.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So Soupa here is what you are gonna do to help the lot of us if you are gonna do the same.

You are gonna take your time and think before you post.

#HBC | ѕoup

uhhh..J, i did.

i knew exactly what i was doing.

@WL

Only reason i ****ed up is because i jumped the gun, and then i had legit reasoning to believe i was insane, i had a freakin' guilty on myself (was re-directed) and i had an inno on joey the other night, i put two and two together, and the miller claim ruined me, and that mason claim was bad too, there's alot of arcs that game went, so don't say the whole game was my fault.

Top Bottom