• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Despite being irrelevant, why doesn't Gen 3 and Gen 5 of Pokemon not have reps in Smash yet?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Because we'll never get the degree of transparency from a company that would get us conclusive evidence. Best we can do is hazard educated guesses.
then let us treat it as that, just a guess that we cant be sure of. lets not treat things like "shill picks" and "SE is stingy" as ironclad facts

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
then let us treat it as that, just a guess that we cant be sure of. lets not treat things like "shill picks" and "SE is stingy" as ironclad facts
That way you'll never be certain of anything. If you don't wanna try and make good assumptions based on available evidence, I don't even know why you'd be in the speculation scene.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That way you'll never be certain of anything. If you don't wanna try and make good assumptions based on available evidence, I don't even know why you'd be in the speculation scene.
i dont speculate i just talk about who id like to see in smash

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Grovyle from PMD is one of my most wanted character and Zoroark would have been great choice as well and really unique but sadly it’s seems the timing wasn’t right but interestingly Plusle & Minun were Planned for brawl I would to see another ice climber duo style fighter.

Last edited:

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea why they didn't, but dang, I'm sad they never got a rep, Gen 3 is my favorite region, and gave birth to my favorite Mon ever, Gardevoir
I was half hoping that with the remake of ORAS being in time for Ult, they would pick a character from this game instead .. But it didn't happen

Still really hoping for Gardie, she's such a cool character, and with the recent release of PMD DX, she's as revelant as can be ! She was also a fantastic character to play in Pokken, so I'm sure she would be as awesome in Smash hehe
Here goes hoping for her to get her chance !

Emelie

Smash Cadet
I remember seeing a lot of requests for N from BW a few years ago. Interesting how his castle made it in. But he seems more like he would have been a boss character with Reshiram or Zekrom rather than a fighter. It's too bad that nobody seems to care anymore since he is still my favorite character.

I would love to see Gardevoir too. It placed fairly high on a recent poll and has appeared in both fan-made and canon fighting games. It would be nice to have some Mystery Dungeon representation in Smash too even if Grovyle is probably more iconic. Are there any Mystery Dungeon references at all in Smash?

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I remember seeing a lot of requests for N from BW a few years ago. Interesting how his castle made it in. But he seems more like he would have been a boss character with Reshiram or Zekrom rather than a fighter. It's too bad that nobody seems to care anymore since he is still my favorite character.

I would love to see Gardevoir too. It placed fairly high on a recent poll and has appeared in both fan-made and canon fighting games. It would be nice to have some Mystery Dungeon representation in Smash too even if Grovyle is probably more iconic. Are there any Mystery Dungeon references at all in Smash?
Sadly no and it’s weird since PMD is the most successful Pokémon spinoff

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
I'm fairly sure it was just timing, but even that doesn't excuse them. We went three - count 'em - THREE installments adding Gen 1 to Smash, they had no excuse to shaft Gen 3 in particular when Pokemon Trainer could've been May or Brendan and Gen 5 could've been where Greninja is and frog boi could've been DLC!
The injustice that plagues Pokemon just because Gamefreak are Genwunners is criminal. (It kinda true tho.)

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
I mean those are decent, despite how little sense those echoes make, but like, Sceptile or Grovyle, Zoroark, Krookodile or Keldeo. More variety in play style.
Grovyle especially because Mystery Dungeon! Why is there no PMD yet?

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I mean those are decent, despite how little sense those echoes make, but like, Sceptile or Grovyle, Zoroark, Krookodile or Keldeo. More variety in play style.
Grovyle especially because Mystery Dungeon! Why is there no PMD yet?
Maybe it has something to do with Chunsoft since they created the PMD games and they didnt have a contact on it from sakurai.
Chunsoft made alot of mystery dungeon games including dragon quest for example

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There's a Detective Pikachu Spirit. AND Let's Go Spirits.
Detective Pikachu isn't a spin-off game. It's arguably a spin-off movie at best. But yeah, it does show we can get some stuff from non-games, I guess?

Also, Let's Go are officially stated as main games. Just the "casual main games". Which is kind of silly, but hey, that's up to them.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm fairly sure it was just timing, but even that doesn't excuse them. We went three - count 'em - THREE installments adding Gen 1 to Smash, they had no excuse to shaft Gen 3 in particular when Pokemon Trainer could've been May or Brendan and Gen 5 could've been where Greninja is and frog boi could've been DLC!
The injustice that plagues Pokemon just because Gamefreak are Genwunners is criminal. (It kinda true tho.)
But I feel like though Gen 1 can get away with having the most reps or getting more because of it being the first generation as well as the most iconic and popular. Most people could probably name a dozen or two Pokemon from any other generation, but out of them all it's most likely people could name every Pokemon from Gen 1 if any.

For God sake there was a Pokemon rap back in the day that named every Pokemon from Gen 1:

I'm sure there are some people that remember all the Gen 1 Pokemon because of this song.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
it was a game long before it was a movie
...That's gotta be like the easiest one to forget it was a game first, then.

My bad.

But at least it means spin-off Pokemon stuff sin't that odd anyway. Maybe it just had better timing as is to promote the movie/game, or something. Especially with DLC spirits in mind.

UserKev

Smash Champion
But I feel like though Gen 1 can get away with having the most reps or getting more because of it being the first generation as well as the most iconic and popular. Most people could probably name a dozen or two Pokemon from any other generation, but out of them all it's most likely people could name every Pokemon from Gen 1 if any.

For God sake there was a Pokemon rap back in the day that named every Pokemon from Gen 1:

I'm sure there are some people that remember all the Gen 1 Pokemon because of this song.
Hate it or love it, Gen 1 will always have a place in relevancy because its so special and is where Pokémon is established. I believe Johto perfected Pokémon tho.

Top Bottom