• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Derrr Zelda Match-up

Airwalkerr

Smash Journeyman
My friend mains Zelda. And My god, do I get ***** with Kirby. Its just in friendlies, and so I don't just want to counter-pick my falco (or any other character, seeing as I main random). Now I checked the math-up thread on these boards and alas, I see no zelda. Shield-grabbing him does not work well, since he can perfectly space his fair most of the time to avoid that. He is very fair/bair and down/forward smash happy, using tilts jabs and other aerials only in very rare moments. So I take it I need to play even more defensive than him, seeing as nearly all of Kirby's approaches get him faired. Should I wave dash to downsmash, or crouch and wait patiently for him, or what? Go kirby boards, GO!

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
duck and wd back / forward and shield a lot, wd out of shield into duck, stay very low.

eventually she runs out of room to jump back and kick and you can do things.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Basically ducking makes it harder for her to kick you, and if you shield and lightshield a lot, it additionally makes it difficult to kick you, and her grab is terrible so there's not a huge punishment for shielding excessively, and when she aims her kicks really low to hit your duck, it's pretty easy to space to counter it (you can jump over her if you really feel like it lol) because she moves so slow and is really floaty.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
KK's got this. Ducking+Spacing shuts zelda down. She can't do anything to you, her jump+air speed is so low it's amazingly easy to avoid her everything and you can easily out space anything she throws out at you on the ground(not that there's much she can only really hit you with a Dtilt or a Dsmash) You can Bair out of crouch alot and expect little to no retaliation if you space correctly. Also she has almost no way to punish a Dair.

Airwalkerr

Smash Journeyman
Sweet, thanks everyone! I had a bad habit of impatiently attacking first, which seemed to be losing me the matches. But I just 3 stocked him. On Yoshi's Story, of all places lol.

Top Bottom