• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Depression

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Link to original post: [drupal=2779]Depression[/drupal]

I don't know if anyone here has medical depression, but it sure seems like a lot of people on SWF get depressed often. Episodes of depression really suck ***, so here's a little suggestion to anyone who wants to try getting rid of the blues: Vitamin B12.

B12 supplements are relatively cheap, over-the-counter, and effective. If you think you could use with a serious mood boost + better overall focus and whatnot, give it a shot.

If anyone has tried them out already, please share your results here. I know that B12 has really helped out my mom, she used to be crazy tense and all but now she's a lot less high-strung and doesn't blow up over tiny things, it's really made life easier for everyone and she's able to be a lot happier now.

Just something I wanted to throw out there. A lot of friends I've spoken to about B12 seemed very interested, so hopefully this information can somehow find its way around to someone who could really use with it.

Browny

Smash Hater
I know that B12 has really helped out my mom, she used to be crazy tense and all but now she's a lot less high-strung and doesn't blow up over tiny things, it's really made life easier for everyone and she's able to be a lot happier now.
Intruiging... my mum is similar >_> I shall look into this :O

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
I take Vitamin B when I'm crazy tired and need to stay awake for school/work/whatever.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
B supplements are good for depression as is exercise. If you can't remedy w/these then try anti-depressants.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Your avatar looks kinda depressed...

Anyway, hopefully people can use this. I get depressed a lot (not clinical) so maybe I'll eat more B12 and be :bee:

Here's a list I found of B12 foods: http://dietary-supplements.info.nih.gov/factsheets/vitaminb12.asp#h3
I get that all the time -_- lol.

Also, for the foods, some people can't absorb vitamin B12 through food because it doesn't absorb in the stomach/intestines. That's why for a lot of the pills you have to put them under your tongue, so that it gets absorbed directly into the bloodstream in case your body can't absorb it.

smoke some grass
Really does solve everything, right? But this is basically the cheaper legal medical alternative.

:059:

Top Bottom