• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demos will be provided at certain Japanese gaming stores - RELEASE BUILD

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Last edited:

pickle962

Smash Lord
Great find mate! Now we shall know what's been changed since the outdated E3 build. (which should be quite a bit by my estimate)

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Wow that's interesting thanks for linking. What characters do you think will be available?
Possibly the ones from the Japanese e shop picture? Which I find strange, considering luigi was already confirmed to be unlockable, yet they just show him unlocked on the eshop.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
This sounds good. Hopefully some who are able to play the release build demos can provide us with some kind of information.
Maybe we'll find out what the starting roster is? Unless of course, selectables are limited (due to being a demo?).

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
-_- what about every other country, Sakurai?
We're only DYING of anxiety....nothing much....
He doesn't want the westerners to be disappointed when they throw a master ball and see
mewtwo pop out

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Someone said on reddit that there was more leaked footage of bowser jr. and ganondorf going through smash run. Anyone know anything about that or have any links?

Soul.

Great, now we'll be able to see the gameplay before release. I don't think the full roster will be shown. If anything, we're just going to get the starting roster.
We're most likely going to see changes from the E3 demo. Quick Attack cancel in the final build, please. You know it's going to happen...maybe.

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Someone said on reddit that there was more leaked footage of bowser jr. and ganondorf going through smash run. Anyone know anything about that or have any links?
I think he just meant that the leak footage of Gannon and bowser jr was one of those "final battle" things after you collect your power ups and stuff.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
I think he just meant that the leak footage of Gannon and bowser jr was one of those "final battle" things after you collect your power ups and stuff.
Is there a link to that Smash Run leak footage, because I've never seen it!

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I'm curious now. It's still going to be a demo right? Because otherwise the whole roster will get unlocked on the demo in the first day with the number of matches that'd be getting played.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I'm curious now. It's still going to be a demo right? Because otherwise the whole roster will get unlocked on the demo in the first day with the number of matches that'd be getting played.
Nobody knows!
~spooky music~

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
It's the final version of the game in demo form, so there will only be a small selection of characters to choose from, etc.

Edit: It may actually have the final roster, but it hasn't been confirmed.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Depending on if it's the released game (like most in-store demos are at, say, Gamestop), or just a demo built from the release version, that may be able to give us the rest of the roster unless stores have to reset it every so often to prevent that.

But seriously, Merica Please. I don't wanna wait a whole extra month.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Depending on if it's the released game (like most in-store demos are at, say, Gamestop), or just a demo built from the release version, that may be able to give us the rest of the roster unless stores have to reset it every so often to prevent that.

But seriously, Merica Please. I don't wanna wait a whole extra month.
Hopefully they pull a fire emblem and give us a demo?

KingBroly

Smash Lord
People should check how Mii Fighters are selected. I'm guessing it involves the Bottom Screen/Player Name system.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
I still think this may be a bad idea from an advertising perspective. The Smash Community is... vocal, and word of mouth is extremely fast and persuasive.
That doesn't change regardless which country they give the final build demo to. Japanese first just makes it slightly less accessible to the main lab rats in north america because you'd probably need to translate testimony and experiences for them to get a sense of what to explore for tech skill, but japan is pretty capable when it comes to taking things apart so it won't be any different as far as information spreading.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Great, now we'll be able to see the gameplay before release. I don't think the full roster will be shown. If anything, we're just going to get the starting roster.
We're most likely going to see changes from the E3 demo. Quick Attack cancel in the final build, please. You know it's going to happen...maybe.
Yeah, we should see what's new in this build. If anything, the starter roster will be present.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
They had these demos for Brawl too:

As you can see you probably shouldn't expect too many characters from this demo, I'm guessing the same amount we had in the E3 demo. It'll probably be worth it just to see the final build though.

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
That doesn't change regardless which country they give the final build demo to. Japanese first just makes it slightly less accessible to the main lab rats in north america because you'd probably need to translate testimony and experiences for them to get a sense of what to explore for tech skill, but japan is pretty capable when it comes to taking things apart so it won't be any different as far as information spreading.
I was referring to downloadable Eshop demos that can be properly explored and broken down.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Which I find strange, considering luigi was already confirmed to be unlockable, yet they just show him unlocked on the eshop.
I don't know why this has to constantly be mentioned, but Luigi was -never- confirmed to be unlockable.

Sakurai's exact words were that in the past they never introduced Luigi before release. He never actually said anything about him being a secret this time.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Doesn't the report in this thread mean gameplay changes have been made?
Not really. He said that the NOA employee said many people will be very pleased with the nature of the final build, but it's just empty words right now.

BUT BOWSER JR FTW

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Not really. He said that the NOA employee said many people will be very pleased with the nature of the final build, but it's just empty words right now.

BUT BOWSER JR FTW
Fair enough. A lot of people seem to have believed his words, tho :p

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I really want to, but I don't want to get all excited by believing him and find out that his words weren't true later. I'm keeping my expectations low so I can be super excited if it does turn out be true.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
Cool! Very nice find, should be awesome to see some fresh uncut footage of the final build to carry us over to the release date. Here's hoping we get a demo in either places eventually too.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I don't know why this has to constantly be mentioned, but Luigi was -never- confirmed to be unlockable.

Sakurai's exact words were that in the past they never introduced Luigi before release. He never actually said anything about him being a secret this time.
So first smash game with luigi as a starter? Neato!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well, I guess there's 2 things I REALLY want to know that may be known here:

if pyrosphere is playable
Check if there's any hazard
else if Paper Mario stage is playable
Check the series icon.

That's really what I want to know. If both aren't playable, then it might be suspicious, but anyway.

Azizibesmashing

Smash Apprentice
I really want to, but I don't want to get all excited by believing him and find out that his words weren't true later. I'm keeping my expectations low so I can be super excited if it does turn out be true.

Yea the thread got crazy! And confusing and I am to blame but the OP of my old topic is now shaved to it's true form .
Lets just pray it's amazing

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
This, exactly this. I appreciate NOA's promise that people will be excited for the final build, but that doesn't mean I'm not still very cautious. We'll have to let our friends in Japan find out for us.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
So many people (including myself) are probably hyped up and pretty nervous at the same time to see the final build. I'll be enjoying the game regardless, but wow...just another sign that the game is really almost here :)

Looking forward to seeing footage (if allowed) and hearing opinions on the game.

Top Bottom