• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demonstrating the Glide Toss(Compilation of discoveries plus I fixed my bottom link!)

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
What's the input for Glide Tossing? I tried the old Brawl method of Roll + Forward + Throw Item, but it didn't work. Is the timing more strict, or do you just have to do it differently?
I never played item using characters in brawl, so I dont know if its the same.

And the input has already been explained if you read the previous posts.

But all you need is ANY kind of running momentum, foxtrotting, running are fine. Obviously Fox trot gives you a bigger slide.
The input is Jump and the immediately press D throw.

And like I stated earlier, short hop down throw into lemons is a amazing opener to a large branch of insane combos.

The year of 20XX is upon us.

Last edited:

Zaprong

Smash Apprentice
Guys I think I found a easier way to pull this off, seems like just foxtroting works, Megaman has little run stop lag and you can just stop foxtroting and throw it in any direction, you can jump safely too, so it works great, I think, unless I'm missing some extra feature the glide toss has

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
The blade can be thrown in any of the four normal directions for the slide, and I should've written out of a dash as fox trot is not necessary but what I use.

Zaprong

Smash Apprentice
But I feel it's overall an slower run and you get the chance of losing your metal blade and lose an opportunity to counter attack... Hmmm, I'll stick to the foxtrot only unless the competitive demands instant throwing in most characters, because so far, it has been working on all the characters in the demo

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
But I feel it's overall an slower run and you get the chance of losing your metal blade and lose an opportunity to counter attack... Hmmm, I'll stick to the foxtrot only unless the competitive demands instant throwing in most characters, because so far, it has been working on all the characters in the demo
It's really good for pivot throwing the Metal Blade, nice safety option when retreating.

Zaprong

Smash Apprentice
Then maybe fox troting and THEN whenever you need it, glide toss? it makes it so you don't have the risk of losing it and it also makes you go faster :D

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Then maybe fox troting and THEN whenever you need it, glide toss? it makes it so you don't have the risk of losing it and it also makes you go faster :D
Yeah that might work out, although I myself haven't been too big on fox trotting. I think it could be a really valuable tool for those that do though, as long as they don't be predictable as that'd kinda telegraph what you're planning whenever someone foxtrots.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Yo Opana, huge ups on bringing the jump cancel glide to the table. I've only been playing the demo but I'm a competitive smasher normally, and the applications for this are e-n-d-l-e-s-s and REALLY steps Megaman's game up to a whole new level.

Thank youuuuuuuuuu

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Yo Opana, huge ups on bringing the jump cancel glide to the table. I've only been playing the demo but I'm a competitive smasher normally, and the applications for this are e-n-d-l-e-s-s and REALLY steps Megaman's game up to a whole new level.

Thank youuuuuuuuuu
You're very welcome. :)

I too have the demo, and is actually the only reason I ever decided to explore MM lol. I'm definitely using now come full release though.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Can we request this to be sticky in place of my thread? Really nice finds.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Can we request this to be sticky in place of my thread? Really nice finds.
Regardless of what I've done, you've put a lot of work into your topic. You keep the flow of discussion moving along, something I seem to pale in comparison too, and overall I feel you're more suited to hosting an advanced techs thread. I very much appreciate that, but I'd feel pretty guilty tbh.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Also another thing I need someone to find out for me. I have been practicing Crash Bomb > D-Air and I need to know what determines the direction of the opponent flying away?

This will help me understand where my opponent will be going if he does happen to get hit by it.

Regardless of what I've done, you've put a lot of work into your topic. You keep the flow of discussion moving along, something I seem to pale in comparison too, and overall I feel you're more suited to hosting an advanced techs thread. I very much appreciate that, but I'd feel pretty guilty tbh.
We can discuss this more. Maybe we can reach a middle ground and contribute this OP to the main thread. And I appreciate that. At first, I wasn't sure how committed I would be with running a thread but I am really enjoying it.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Also another thing I need someone to find out for me. I have been practicing Crash Bomb > D-Air and I need to know what determines the direction of the opponent flying away?

This will help me understand where my opponent will be going if he does happen to get hit by it.

We can discuss this more. Maybe we can reach a middle ground and contribute this OP to the main thread. And I appreciate that. At first, I wasn't sure how committed I would be with running a thread but I am really enjoying it.
I actually have this written in my guide, how the Crash Bomb is affected. I'll copy paste:

DEPENDENT ON WHAT DIRECTION THEY'RE FACING, IS THE WAY THEY'RE KNOCKED BACK. THEY ARE ALWAYS GOING TO BE HIT BY THE EXPLOSION, WHEN THEY'RE AT A HIGH ENOUGH PERCENT, DIAGONALLY BACK. EVEN IF THEY TURN AROUND, THEY WILL STILL BE KNOCKED IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION THEY WERE ORIGINALLY FACING.

Also, yeah I'd love to have a part in the OP.

Jallis370

Smash Cadet
I don't have evidence and I have no idea how I did it, but I was able to slide across the floor wavedash-style while powering up my buster. This was done in the demo. I'm going to investigate it further.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I don't have evidence and I have no idea how I did it, but I was able to slide across the floor wavedash-style while powering up my buster. This was done in the demo. I'm going to investigate it further.
Sounds interesting, would you mind going into more detail?

I don't have any more ideas to try for ATs at the moment, so maybe I can look into this.

Jallis370

Smash Cadet
I was just pressing random buttons while waiting for the bus at that point, but I ended up charging the buster while still slowing down from ground movement. I ended up about two character lengths from where I started charging the buster, with dust on the ground from where I had been and a big dust cloud around the feet. I'm still not able to replicate the move... I can't remember if I was landing or started from the ground though. It looked like I canceled a regular dash.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I was just pressing random buttons while waiting for the bus at that point, but I ended up charging the buster while still slowing down from ground movement. I ended up about two character lengths from where I started charging the buster, with dust on the ground from where I had been and a big dust cloud around the feet. I'm still not able to replicate the move... I can't remember if I was landing or started from the ground though. It looked like I canceled a regular dash.
Was it out of skid, or maybe a pivot? The pivot gives a very minor slide.

Grim Fandango

Smash Rookie
Can anyone give a better idea of how to execute the glide toss? I end up SH into a nair or dair using the x+a method. If I use x+y (y for grab) I just slide and grab. Slowing down in training isnt improving my timing at all, I can barely foxtrot without slowing the game down.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Can anyone give a better idea of how to execute the glide toss? I end up SH into a nair or dair using the x+a method. If I use x+y (y for grab) I just slide and grab. Slowing down in training isnt improving my timing at all, I can barely foxtrot without slowing the game down.
Well, all I can say is just practice. I practiced this a lot in SSBB so it wasn't too hard transitioning here.

Top Bottom