• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delzethin Takes a Look at How Zero Could Play in Smash

Zero_Smash2.jpg

If there's one thing Smashers love, it's movesets for hypothetical Smash newcomers! And luckily for us, Delzethin's Challenger Approaching series gives us just that. In his latest video, he covers everyone's favorite android with a pony tail and sword. That's right, we're talking about the massively iconic Zero from Mega Man!

The video goes over many things like Zero's background, circumstances, which designs Nintendo may look at, as well as costume ideas. And, of course, it includes a moveset and stat attributes too! Zero is blessed with good mobility and combo tools, albeit it comes with a fair cost. That being lackluster recovery, light weight, average frame data and a weak grab game. Delzethin also gave him an entirely unique mechanic in the form of the hienkyaku air dash. This enables Zero to sacrifice his mid-air jump to perform a dash any direction he pleases.

As for Zero's moveset, it pulls a lot of attacks from the Mega Man games. For example, Zero has Shippuuga as his dash attack, Zero Buster as his neutral special, and Kuuenzan as his neutral air. Some of his attacks are extremely unique as well. His Zero Buster would be a chargeable projectile with a twist. Players can move around as they charge it, and even jump one time, although they can't store the charge. Another notably unique move of his is the side special, Sougenmu. The move lets Zero project a hologram of himself that copies his attacks briefly. And obviously, Zero would have a Final Smash! His features his fellow Maverick Hunters, Axl and X, in a cameo not too unlike Mega Man's Final Smash.

And, we’re just scraping the surface here, the actual video has far more detail! If you’re at all interested in Zero in Smash we highly recommend you go watch it.

Author’s Note: Honestly, I’m pretty sold on Zero! I’m not very knowledgeable on the Mega Man games, but everything about him seems really cool. Plus, I genuinely adored the character concept. Definitely need to put some of the games on my backlog when I have time, it should be fun. But what about you? Please let us know in the comments below!

Credits:
Writing: Zerp Zerp
Graphic Thumbnail: Zerp Zerp
Social: Zerp Zerp

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

BTW, here’s a Pool his doing for other potential Challenger Approaching episodes.

Top Bottom