• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Deluxe Mind Games*

_kSo_

Smash Master
DEFINITION

Deluxe Mind games is an occurance of a special type of mind game.

This usually happens usually during an edge guard. Whilst the combatants are dueling, one player may be thrown off the edge. When returning to the edge, the player returning must implement mind games in order to make it back without being kicked/punched/stabbed/shocked to the face. However, during this implementation of mind games, if the player who is edge guarding attempts to edge guard said returning player and then dies in failure, the returning player has successfully used Deluxe Mind Games. Many times, returning player will be allowed to taunt.

In another example of Deluxe Mind games is when combatants are dueling within the confines of the stage (not edgeguarding or whatnot) and a player is defeated at the hands of his own clumsiness. This type of Deluxe Mind game is simpler than the previously meantioned one. If suiciding player yells out "wtf" or "sh*t" or "d*mnitt" this is a sure sign of Deluxe Mind games. Player suiciding will not think of it as Deluxe Mind Games (mostly because of his blind raging fit that he just did ff dair off the edge), however the player implementing the Mind games will know that it was because of intimidation/psychic influence. At this moment, a taunt is also appropriate.*

*Note: if a taunt is not done, player may alternatively state "Deluxe Mind Game" calmly and continue playing. This is highly recommended, as it confuses the opponent and whilst the players are dueling once again, the opponent is still in a raging fit

Another easy way to implement deluxe mind games is to wait for the opponent to make a mistake and then immediately state "isai wouldn't do that..." This tends to enrage the opponent, making it easier to "Deluxify" him

Disclaimer: Use Deluxe Mind Games at your own risk. Improper usage of Deluxe Mind Games may result in broken controllers, televisions, and noses. Neither Kso4351 or Wonsang is responsible for any injuries or property damage associated with Deluxe Mind Games.

Deluxe Mind Games is copyrighted by its creators, Wonsang and Kso4351. Any credit taken for it other wise will have certain consequences

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Deluxe mindgame is predicting a roll onto the stage with a Falcon punch :laugh: I managed to do that against my friend who keeps rolling onto the stage :psycho:

Thino

Smash Master
deluxe mindgames is make your pk thunder avoid someone who wanted to hijack it then hitting him with the burst... taunting after of course

_kSo_

Smash Master
while those are all good ideas, me and wonsang came up with the idea of deluxe mindgames when we'd space each other then out of nowhere, i'd like suicide. Then he'd be like, hah mind games. and we'd both laugh. but then later on where he'd be edgeguarding me and i'd get back and he somehow killed himself. and hes like **** your mind games and im like. No DELUXE mind games.

So basically if the opponent dies and you didnt do anything, it's basically a Deluxe Mind Game :)

if its the last stock where a deluxe mind game occurs, can we scream "DMG FTW!" ?
That's also appropriate :)

kso have we played?
No, I do not beleive we have played. however i've heard you're very good, and i'd like to play you sometime :)

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
I was playing C. Blowjob and he was Falcon and I Fox, he backthrow me out of the stage and tried to spike me while i was doing UP-B, hoping that my recovery will hit him returning back to the stage he did a fast falling spike, but I instead of going up, I went down, resulting in one of the most funny suicides I've ever seen xP.

Then Blowjob just said: You trick me.

Deluxe BEEF!games xP.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I was playing C. Blowjob and he was Falcon and I Fox, he backthrow me out of the stage and tried to spike me while i was doing UP-B, hoping that my recovery will hit him returning back to the stage he did a fast falling spike, but I instead of going up, I went down, resulting in one of the most funny suicides I've ever seen xP.

Then Blowjob just said: You trick me.

Deluxe BEEF!games xP.
haha now THATS a deluxe mind game

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Jaime have my babies. That isn't a deluxe mindgame. That's a... that's a ....Jai-indgame!

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Disclaimer: Use Deluxe Mind Games at your own risk. Improper usage of Deluxe Mind Games may result in broken controllers, televisions, and noses. Kso4351 is not responsible for any injuries or property damage associated with Deluxe Mind Games.

Deluxe Mind Games is copyrighted by its creators, Wonsang and Kso4351. Any credit taken for it other wise will have certain consequences
Sh*t! I was gonna sue you your *** SO BAD...

Wonsang

Smash Rookie
As a co-creator of the "deluxe mind game", I've been asked to post on this thread.

Smash 64 is broken; Yay, Melee.

felix45

Smash Lord
rofl!

allthough depending on the player you can REALLY get in some peoples heads if you constantly taunt after they suicide. granted most consider it rude. I dont just because I dont care if you taunt, I dont let anything get to me seeing as this is a game I play for pure enjoyment. (oh and an FYI I think watching people get pissy and curse at me is hilarious so yeah :p)

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
lets suppose you jump to the left (effectively you are initially facing left) and then you start a falcon punch facing the RIGHT (changing the direction your facing) and you face plant then with falcon punch... i mean, they didn't fake themselves out... but maybe thats just a super mind game? is it deluxe worthy?

_kSo_

Smash Master
lets suppose you jump to the left (effectively you are initially facing left) and then you start a falcon punch facing the RIGHT (changing the direction your facing) and you face plant then with falcon punch... i mean, they didn't fake themselves out... but maybe thats just a super mind game? is it deluxe worthy?
No not deluxe. Sorry. theres a japanese combo video out that malva posted which has a bunch of finishers with reverse falcon punches. looked pretty cool.

Deluxe is only when your character on screen is doing next to nothing and the opponenet manages to die somehow. That is the ultimate mind game, or aka Deluxe Mind Game

*edit* also you can't jump left while your facing left and do a falcon punch facing right. pivoting in the air = false

Keige

Smash Journeyman
Deluxe mindgames are when you kill someone from a different room without even touching the controller. I've done it only seventeen times, but I have documented proof!
*flashdrive explodes*
Crap!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I love deluxe mindgames... KevinM deluxe mindgamed me yesterday. it was epic. I deluxe mindgamed boom, I psychically screwed with his control stick and screwed up his dashing from 4 provinces away.

Also, Kso...

Additional Pylons :(

(you must construct them)

_kSo_

Smash Master
3 things:

1.) "Additional" would NOT have fit on my sig
2.) I changed to wording so people don't b*tch at me for stealing lingo
3.) Me and my friend came up with "*****es don't know about my extra pylons" long before either of us saw the youtube video

but whatever i like it as it is. if you don't then....well deal with it :-P

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
3.) Me and my friend came up with "*****es don't know about my extra pylons" long before either of us saw the youtube video
Ah man it sucks when you invent something with your friends and then it becomes a trend ive had it happen to me before.

I dont really care anyway :p

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yea it was nuts i mean here i was facing Dylan, and i decided something drastic must be done.. I started getting pumped and he died erasing my pump and it was SUCH an epic mindgame that at that point, i didn't know who was mindgamed

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, deluxe mind games has a nice ring to it, but I alwys like calling it "fear of death". I realize that both are used in same situation, I guess i will alternate between dmg and fod.

_kSo_

Smash Master
fear of death? lol sounds good. However I will stick to my original idea and continue to use Deluxe Mind Games. That's just more fun to say

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
What about when you're edgeguarding someone, and they try and dodge your edgeguard by veering away from the edge for a second and don't make it back? Like with DK's or Samus' recoveries, where you're going for the edge... and then they do like a dsmash and you go away from the edge... and then you go back towards the edge but IT'S TOO LATE AND YOU FAIL :'(

Did you get supa-mindgamed to the extreme or whatever, or do you just suck nads. :'(

...reading back over what I've written I realise that I switched who was who in the scenario. Fack.

Top Bottom