• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dehydrated Ichthyoid's Melee Extravaganza 2 Results

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
Doubles (6 teams)

1: #TaiNation (mew and dr. drew)
2: One and a Half Men (ZachAttax and Penguin)
3: managment (waterlessfish and thoraxe)
4: metaknight (cpt. kush and Denthorn)
5: Sprite (eric and joseph)
6: Street Fighters (Hamlin and Aliami)

Singles (17 entrants)

1: Dr. Drew :sheikmelee: :foxmelee:
2: MimicMew :falcomelee: :foxmelee::sheikmelee:
3: Thoraxe :falcomelee: :marthmelee:
4: WaterlessFishie :foxmelee:
5: Cpt Kush :falconmelee: :falcomelee:
5: Denthorn :falconmelee: :falcomelee:
7: Zachattax :marthmelee: :falcomelee:
7: Penguin :falconmelee: :falcomelee:
9: Half Baked :foxmelee:
9: Jospeh :mariomelee:
9: Rage :marthmelee: :sheikmelee:
9: Eric :marthmelee:
13: Gentle Breeze :falcomelee:
13: Hamlin :foxmelee:
13: Boom :falcomelee:
13: Scotch :falconmelee:
17: Aliami :jigglypuffmelee:

For anyone interested:

http://dimetournament.imgur.com/all/

Vids:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TexasMelee

D

Deleted member

Look at all this :falcomelee: ! It's beautiful! :) (Joseph played :yoshimelee:, Hamlin played :yoshimelee:, and Eric played :mariomelee:)

1: Dr. Drew :sheikmelee: :foxmelee: - You know so much and I wish I could take a game off of you.
2: MimicMew :falcomelee: :foxmelee: - Never ever talked to you, but same stuff as drew.
3: Thoraxe :falcomelee: :marthmelee: - Take that chair and HULK HOGAN ME *****.
4: WaterlessFishie :foxmelee: - Thanks for TOing, always a cool guy. I should probably stop playing Marth against you because my Marth is bad.
5: Cpt Kush :falconmelee: :falcomelee: - I had that game. You're still really chill as always.
5: Denthorn :falconmelee: :falcomelee: - I like the advice you give people/me. Good stuff.
7: Penguin :falconmelee: :falcomelee: - Thanks for teaming, 2nd place in dubs feels rewarding. I think we could work if we kept trying more since this was a first.
9: Jospeh :yoshimelee: - Falco is a really hard character to play, especially when Yoshi can't do **** against lasers. Hope to see you trying again though
9: Rage :marthmelee: :sheikmelee: - I thought you would take me on that set, I am suprised my Falco somehow pulled through 2 games.
9: Eric :mariomelee: - Hope I see you and Joseph at the next DIME.
13: Gentle Breeze :falcomelee: - Once you get those matchups down and some tech skill I could see you becoming a solid player
13: Hamlin :foxmelee: :yoshimelee: - I love how Yoshi's best stage is Yoshi's Story. Over Powered.
13: Scotch :falconmelee: - Get a CRT and practice with more people than just your brother and you could get a lot better.
17: Aliami :jigglypuffmelee: - **** off, you interfered with my match 3 times with warning.

D

Deleted member

Oh and theres like 40 minutes worth of friendlies with Penguin and Drew, anything from there that you guys want?
The matches are going to look a bit worse because I forgot to bring a cable, and had to improvise. They're still fine and rendering, but just a heads up.

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
1: Dr. Drew - We played some good friendlies and some hella janky friendlies, ggs though. I'm impressed by your ability to stay focused through the snapping and cheering. like a rock
2: MimicMew - Stop choking bro you're too good for second :3
3: Thoraxe - I'm glad one of us was able to get into $$$, you definitely earned it by playing solid all throughout singles. Glad I was able to warm you up :)
4: WaterlessFishie - Close enough to taste the money four times over, next time I'll carry you to money in teams maeby <3<3<3
5: Cpt Kush - You definitely have that ditto down, all that Tai training. Something for sure I need to work on if I ever plan on beating you in bracket, Falcon is prolly one of my worst matchups rofl
5: Denthorn - You and Oliver both need to check yoselves, thinkin' you can secondary Falco like me pfffffffft (you've also got that ditto down, even though you seemed off in the crew battle. That definitely wasn't the same Falcon that schooled me in bracket)
7: Zachattax - Real talk you're getting better at this game. I didn't actually carry you too bad, thanks for paying for teams and giving me the opportunity to finally win some money at this game :3
7: Penguin - Shoutouts to the Falcon ditto
9: Half Baked - Your Fox is pretty legit, you just gotta keep at it.
9: Jospeh - You and Eric both were better than I expected, I hope you both make it to DIME 3
9: Rage - We didn't get a chance to play but I remember you beating up on me in tournaments past, I hope you'll come to the next DIME so I can see how I stack up against you these days
9: Eric - I know I kinda went to town on your Marth, but that matchup is really explosive and tends to heavily favor whoever gets the momentum. Marth doesn't really do anything to Falcon right up until the moment you kill him.
13: Gentle Breeze - For real though that jiggs matchup is one of the weirdest for Falco, I think if it was literally any other character you would've done better.
13: Hamlin - I gave you a ton of **** for all those Yoshi shenanigans, but it's only because your Fox has gotten a lot better and it pains me to see you **** about with a pink dinosaur when I know you could do better if you played a real character. I will say you do make Yoshi look almost legit, which is no easy feat
17: Aliami - I think if you spent less time trying to troll IRL and more time practicing your jiggs could be OK. Learn to rest ;)

Extra special thanks to Zach for recording everything

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
7: Penguin :falconmelee: :falcomelee: - Thanks for teaming, 2nd place in dubs feels rewarding. I think we could work if we kept trying more since this was a first.
Yeah there's definitely room for improvement considering I don't think there was much actual synergy between us, we made it work though. I'm not opposed to trying out us teaming again, but I've been trying to team with some people for ages and I'd rather give that a go if I have the chance since I know at least me and Gabe have a ton of synergy.

And if it's all the same to you I would appreciate it if you uploaded those friendlies, the more melee the better :)

BIGJOHNSONxPWNS

Smash Apprentice
1: Dr. Drew :sheikmelee: :foxmelee: - Glad I got to play you in a friendly real quick. My friend who used to be in the scene was really talking you up when I told him you were there.
2: MimicMew :falcomelee: :foxmelee: - I'm so glad you didn't 4-stock me twice. Awesome Marth you got there, sir.
3: Thoraxe :falcomelee: :marthmelee: - Watched you in Losers semis and finals. Goof stuff man, let's play some friendlies next time.
4: WaterlessFishie :foxmelee: - Thanks for being an awesome TO and playing some friendlies with me. Looking forward to DIME 3.
5: Denthorn :falconmelee: :falcomelee: - Thanks for all your advice man. I really appreciate it and am working on implementing it in my game (stupid get up attacks on platforms habit lol)
7: Zachattax :marthmelee: :falcomelee: - Thanks for the matchup help man, hopefully I can play some good people and work on what you told me.
7: Penguin :falconmelee: :falcomelee: - Didn't get to play you this time. Next time we'll play some friendlies.
9: Half Baked :foxmelee: - Dude all those friendlies we played were fun as ****, seeing as they were actually close. And that bracket match was INTENSE. Congrats on pulling the win out on me sir, and it was good meeting you.
13: Gentle Breeze :falcomelee: - Alright Brent, ya got a tough spot in bracket, but damn you need to work on your tourney mindset, even if you're just having fun </ 3rd person speak>
13: Hamlin :foxmelee: - I think it was you who told me to "just believe in myself." We may have been joking at the time, but I really need to apply that while playing in tournament.
13: Boom :falcomelee: - Dude, I don't think I've ever seen a kid your age that knows and can pull off advanced Melee techniques. Impressive stuff and keep playing!
13: Scotch :falconmelee: - Good friendlies man. We were both having a pretty off day, but we'll move up in placing next time.
17: Aliami :jigglypuffmelee: - Damn you and your bairs. I'm mad I only got two stocks off you in crews, but thanks for making me realize the work I need to do on the Jiggs matchup.

This was even better than DIME 1. Can't wait for the next, and hopefully I can place top 7 somehow.

BIGJOHNSONxPWNS

Smash Apprentice
13: Gentle Breeze - For real though that jiggs matchup is one of the weirdest for Falco, I think if it was literally any other character you would've done better.

Yeah that is definitely the matchup I'm working on a lot between now and next tourney. I need to learn some patience and work on my laser game a little more. I'll take more than two stocks next time I swear! Oh and let's get some friendlies in next DIME dude.

D

Deleted member

17: Aliami - I think if you spent less time trying to troll IRL and more time practicing your jiggs could be OK. Learn to rest ;)

I wish I could play Melee more, but life is kinda busy when you're about to publish on a new console and you have to work out bugs to your code. Either way, I know how to rest, but I need to do it more. I could have beaten Scotch's brother Boom but he keep saying "I know you're going to rest on me" and I didn't want to get punished by a falco. Also, I was flipping hungry and I hadn't had breakfast that morning.

Also, Hamlin, why did you troll me so hard in doubles. I even flipping paid your entry fee. I was at 4 stocks with my Puff and you were just jumping around with 1 stock as Fox one match, and I was left ****ed. Play your ****ing main (Yoshi) next time dude.

17: Aliami :jigglypuffmelee: - Damn you and your bairs. I'm mad I only got two stocks off you in crews, but thanks for making me realize the work I need to do on the Jiggs matchup.
Ha, thanks. I need to work on my Jiggs more, I've only been playing Jiggs for roughly 2 and a half weeks.

dirtytacos89

Smash Rookie
Go gabe for running this thing! It was pretty fun and I had a pretty good time. The whole point was to have fun and it certainly went that direction for me. Me and Joe will of course be in attendance at DIME TRES. You might see us at a smash fest if it ain't too crazy far. I didn't get to play too many people in friendlies, or at all now that I think about it. Penguin! I think you knee'd my soul. I knew I'd lose to docta drew, but it's good experience. Tai was nice as heck. Scotch, we should get more friendliest in next time for sure.

Edit: I played Marth through the tourney, Mario only once during doubles. Aliami you could have probably placed better if you had chosen a character you've been playing for more than 2 and a half weeks. I really can't see how you can be mad at Hamlin. He was your team mate so it would be cool if you acted like it.
Denthorn and cap'n kush! Good **** during doubles. You guys were fun to play against. Also just funny dudes in general. THE LOOK ON THE FACE OF THAT YOSHI. Priceless

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
I wish I could play Melee more, but life is kinda busy when you're about to publish on a new console and you have to work out bugs to your code. Either way, I know how to rest, but I need to do it more. I could have beaten Scotch's brother Boom but he keep saying "I know you're going to rest on me" and I didn't want to get punished by a falco. Also, I was flipping hungry and I hadn't had breakfast that morning.
Do you know what Johns are?

Also, Hamlin, why did you troll me so hard in doubles. I even flipping paid your entry fee. I was at 4 stocks with my Puff and you were just jumping around with 1 stock as Fox one match, and I was left ****ed. Play your ****ing main (Yoshi) next time dude.
loooooooool

D

Deleted member

Ali, Hamlin had a bit of a talk with me and I think you should watch yourself. You seemed to put a lot of the blame on him when you practically forced him to play doubles with you and then complained like a baby asking if Scotch could take his place. Try to be a bit more courteous, because I'm not letting you treat one of my friends like that.

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
that's not entirely fair zach, since i doubt hamlin would've entered dubs if i hadn't heckled him so much :smash:
btw ali, hamlin's main is fox, not yoshi

D

Deleted member

Still though, It's very rude to blame your partner when it was still partly your fault (I played them. Hamlin held his own), and then complain mid way in telling Hamlin to leave and Scotch to play.

D

Deleted member

that's not entirely fair zach, since i doubt hamlin would've entered dubs if i hadn't heckled him so much :smash:
btw ali, hamlin's main is fox, not yoshi
Hamlin told me his main is Yoshi. He said he hasn't played fox in so long his Yoshi got much better.

Do you know what Johns are?l
Well excuse me, Princess.

Ali, Hamlin had a bit of a talk with me and I think you should watch yourself. You seemed to put a lot of the blame on him when you practically forced him to play doubles with you and then complained like a baby asking if Scotch could take his place. Try to be a bit more courteous, because I'm not letting you treat one of my friends like that.
Maybe you should lighten up, Zach. You threw your controller on the floor and had a tantrum when you lost a match. You demanded money matches with Scotch and walked away.
I did put a lot of blame on him because he clearly wasn't trying. I got pissed at him and later I ****ed up in singles partially because my maddening. I wanted Scotch to take his place because he is a great player that actually tries.

D

Deleted member

I never demanded a money match with scotch, scotch asked me.
The controller throwing was partly from my autism, and I also was on game 3 last stock. You wouldn't know that because you always get 2-0'd. Still doesn't make up for the fact that you straight up intentionally distracted me though.
(don't know why you're mad at Hamlin, He's better than you and Scotch)

D

Deleted member

I never demanded a money match with scotch, scotch asked me.
The controller throwing was partly from my autism, and I also was on game 3 last stock. You wouldn't know that because you always get 2-0'd. Dtill doesn't make up for the fact that you straight up intentionally distracted me though.
(don't know why you're mad at Hamlin, He's better than you and Scotch)

"Money match me. Money match me right now" -Zach
Yes you did. We both heard you.

Get a grip bro.

I don't always get 2-0'd. Watch the freaking matches. lol

I doubt Hamlin is better than Scotch. Maybe in P:M, but not in Melee.

On a side note, when do you think you'll have the videos up?

D

Deleted member

The videos are rendering right now.
I've played with hamlin for the entire summer last year and friendlies at this tournament. He's better.
Besides the 11 year old kid, who have you taken a game off of in bracket?
(Still don't remember asking for a MM, I told scotch to **** off)

D

Deleted member

The videos are rendering right now.
I've played with hamlin for the entire summer last year and friendlies at this tournament. He's better.
Besides the 11 year old kid, who have you taken a game off of in bracket?
(Still don't remember asking for a MM, I told scotch to **** off)

Have you even seen his Yoshi? It's pretty good. Probably not as good as Scotch's Falcon though. His Yoshi 2 stocked my Puff a few times in some earlier matches before doubles.

I took some games off of people. Gentle Breeze and a few others I don't know the names off.

You demanded a money match and when Scotch said okay and he was ready, you said **** off.

D

Deleted member

I mean games in tournament. Not friendlies.
I don't think anything you can say about a 2 month old falcon will change my opinion about a 2 year old fox.

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
yo no offense to scotch but hamlin is definitely better. hamlin has been playing way longer, plain and simple.

on another note, you two (zach and ali) should stop ******** at each other so much. i'm not going to side with either of you cause i want to remain neutral since i'm the TO, but it was starting to irritate me a little yesterday. you should both just please chill out. and please dont reply to this with something like, "well i wouldnt complain if blah blah blah." just listen to what im saying and relax. not trying to sound mean or anything, just trying to create a more pleasant experience for everyone. :)

omg that took way too long to type out on my xbox lol

D

Deleted member

I was like ";_;" when you told me to **** off Zach, I mean I didn't even do anything to you when I was there lol.

I can see how you thought I was being sarcastic and it was kinda my fault for talking to you when you were that pissed. (But if it was someone else talking to you, it wouldn't make a difference since you know them more than me, which is understandable, I'll get to know you better overtime)

D

Deleted member

Hamlin is better than me, you can't argue with that. He's played longer, he has more commitment that I do, and he's a little well known around you guys more than I am.

But at DIME 3, I'll be better than I was last time, like I said before, I just need to practice more.

D

Deleted member

GentleBreeze, you're pretty ****ing cool man. I'd actually wouldn't be sad if I lost to you in singles at DIME 3. Can't wait to see you there man.

Thanks for also letting me try out that custom made Spice Orange controller too.

D

Deleted member

I mean games in tournament. Not friendlies.
I don't think anything you can say about a 2 month old falcon will change my opinion about a 2 year old fox.
I did mean tournament.

Hamlin is better than me, you can't argue with that. He's played longer, he has more commitment that I do, and he's a little well known around you guys more than I am.

But at DIME 3, I'll be better than I was last time, like I said before, I just need to practice more.
When you say you are going to win Scotch you usually do. You just gotta get in the zone.

BIGJOHNSONxPWNS

Smash Apprentice
GentleBreeze, you're pretty ****ing cool man. I'd actually wouldn't be sad if I lost to you in singles at DIME 3. Can't wait to see you there man.

Thanks for also letting me try out that custom made Spice Orange controller too.

No problem man! I usually bring a couple of controllers with me just in case someone's messes up or needs a backup. If you ever need one to use just tell me. I'll bring some different custom ones I made next time. Looking forward to playing some more games with you man! Keep training your little brother too. That kid shows some damn good potential for someone his age.

gentle breeze is def super chill. :cool:

Shiiiiiit, u da man Gabe. Thanks for hosting DIME and keeping Melee alive around here. In all honesty, I had more fun yesterday than I have on a Saturday in a long long time. (Damn skewl n muh edjukayshun getting in my way of a social life).

Hopefully I'll bring some new faces next time and they won't flake on me. I honestly think they got scared when I told them how good all you guys are. Their loss.

D

Deleted member

Oh, just as a heads up, I might not be able to go to DIME 3. Oh course, we will have to see as it all regards the date of the event.
I'll be on a trip from the June 30th-July 6th and then another one from the July 9th- July 26th.
Don't let my schedule mess up yours. I would love to come to DIME 3 if I can though. The 29th on that Saturday would work wonders.

D

Deleted member

omg that took way too long to type out on my xbox lol
You post on an xbox? What the **** gabe.
Aliami you're probably out of luck, It's not possible to make a whole thread around now and get the news, plus to get the owner of the shop to be okay with this the week RIGHT AFTER THAT.

Top Bottom