• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dehydrated Ichthyoid's Melee Extravaganza 1 Results

Oracle

Smash Master
We run bowsers revenge every month at that venue, pm only. Go to the power ranking thread in my sig, I keep it updated with upcoming pm tournaments

I'mDirtyDan

Smash Rookie
shout outs:
1: Glibby Globby - Congrats on winning the whole thing. I wish i had played friendlies with you on Saturday, but I guess I'll have to be content with the games I did play with you. You give like worst advice. :rolleyes:
2: Drew - Man I'm salty with the way our set went. I know I can do way better than that, I just get pretty nervous in tournament, especially when I feel it's a set that can go either way. GGs though, can grats on 2nd and winning teams. You and Denthorn definitely deserved it imo.
3: Admiral - Thanks for coming up to my first tournament with Kevin, and grats on getting 3rd. You definitely had to beat some tough people to get there. Please don't go to Georgia, who else is gonna have the bomb *** Houston housing? :c
4: The TO(Gabe) - stop getting nervous and play like you know you can and you'll be aight #DFWFalconSlayer
5: JK Trowling (Mew) - Being the guy that beats up on everyone in Plano, we're gonna john for you when you lose. :colorful: But I really wish you would try your hardest one of these days, sometimes I feel like you enjoy losing or something cause you go out of your way to put yourself in a position where you're gonna lose a lot I think, in friendlies or in tourney. Ah well, I can only hope. :) #TaiNation
5: Denthorn - Thanks for coming out to my tournament man. It's always a good time with you, you're so chill and always giving advice to the new players. grats on winning teams, like I said above you def deserved it. And man do I love me some C. Falcon. om nom nom nom nom
7: Awestin - Why is it the people I lost to tapped me super hard. :facepalm: I was nervous when I played you and I wish I could've put up a better fight, but it was obvious you were just playing way better than I was during the set. GGs and thanks for coming to my tourney. Please come to more so I can have dat Awestin attraction for my tourneys as well. :chuckle:
7: OJ da Juiceman - C. Falcon om nom nom nom. But really it was a tight set, and I could tell you just wanted to get out of there and toke and the end lol. GGs
9: Zachattax - You keep getting better, but just from reading your shout outs it looks like you still have a bit of maturing to do before I see you placing higher at these tournaments consistently. I don't think you're on Penguin's level yet, but you're getting ever closer. Thanks for recording as well, you shoudl post th youtube link in the thread when you're done getting the vids up. Thanks for the frosty and I want to play some games with you next time. Friendlies or w/e
9: Problemo - it was a pleasant surprise you see you come lol. Dat link has been holding it down for as long as I remember being in the scene, thank for coming.
9: Penguin - We need to stop meeting in loser's bracket like every tournament. >.>
9: Thoraxe - Teams coulda gone better but that was mostly my fault and the end of it for sure. We just need to get more teams practice in on a more frequent basis I think then we'll be running DFW
13: Gentle Breeze - I had never seen you before this tournament I think, so I was surprised when I saw you doing **** like l-canceling lol. thanks for coming and definitely come out to more :)
13: Oracle - Thanks for coming and entering the bracket, even if you don't play this game anymore and even if you were only here to collect pot money lol.
13: Mr. QW - GGs in dubs. didn't get to play with you much though. And I liked your robbery mask, it was cool.
17: Scotch - I saw you playing some friendlies and it looked like you were playing pretty well for your first tourney.
17: Duke - Yo if you've got matches to play stay in the venue lol
17: Drug - How old are you? Why is your tag Drug?
17: I'm Dirty Dan - It was awesome to see you again. I saw some definite improvements in your game and I'm sure you'll continue to improve with more tournaments. I hope you make a smashboards account and read this lol.
17: Isaac - I feel like I see you playing the people you walk in with for pretty much the entirety of the tournament. Play with better players than yourself and not the people you always play with and you'll get a lot more out of these tournaments.
17: Chris - I'm pretty sure I've seen you and played with you at other tournaments but some people were telling me I was wrong.. idk lol
25: Violet - You can't expect really anything results wise from your first tournament. I heard you were johning in some matches against Denthorn and he was trying to give you advice, you can't just expect to win. Denthorn is a smart player and Ness doesn't exactly give you optimal chances of winning lol. Hope you enjoyed yourself here.
25: Will - Read Isaac.

To everyone who entered as their first name: Get some creativity and originality please. :colorful:
I had a great time and I'm looking forward to the next one.

I read it! Haha, thanks btw, I'll see you at the next one.

Diglob

Smash Cadet
Time to post these late shoutouts, LOL. Finally found the perfect time to do these.

1: Glibby Globby ($78.00) :falcomelee: - I don't understand why I don't have a Marth icon next to my name for my usage of my godly Marth in grand finals. Gotta report the results accurately, Gabe. I don't think you're performing your job as TO correctly.
2: Drew ($39.00) :sheikmelee: - Nice job at this tournament. You'd better keep playing Melee after Evo, though. Dallas Melee is very much likely better off with you than without you.
3: Admiral ($13.00) :popo: - Thanks for taking me to this tournament. Seriously, though, I'm teaming with Zachattack next time...
4: The TO(Gabe) :fox: - SUP, BRO. Thanks for this tournament and for housing Hannah and I. Though I definitely take issue with the air freshener you use in your bathroom...anyways, despite the fact that you didn't place as well as you wanted, you've definitely already come quite the long way from how good you were a year ago. Very good to see, so keep up the good work. I enjoyed all of the friendlies I got to play with you and all the friendlies at your apartment in general. Shame you've probably left that apartment by now. :sadeyes: And it's true, I'm very bad at giving advice about games I'd just played, lol. I barely remember what happens during the course of a game. I'm just kind of thinking, doing, and then forgetting immediately when I play. I think I'm pretty good at giving advice when I'm just sitting aside watching other people play, though, so maybe the opportunity for that will afford itself one day.
5: JK Trowling (Mew) :falconmelee: :marthmelee::falcomelee: - It was fun hanging out with you, but I'm going to side with Gabe and say that you'd probably be a better player if you just got a bit more serious. Really, try your hardest to take first at the next tournament. You don't really have to focus on winning. Just focus on the fact that if you do well and try your hardest, other people in Dallas will probably be inspired to do the same. I find it hard to push myself to get better sometimes and I honestly do goof off with Melee quite a bit. It's hard being so much better than the players around you, right? :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: But I think both you and the Dallas scene at large would benefit from seeing you take a tournament in style. Just start off lightly by taking your character and stage picks seriously and move forward from there. Remember that your mindset is something that you can shape; it's not totally governed by your very down-to-earth nature. Next time you have trouble finding some tenacity, hopefully you'll remember this shoutout.
7: Awestin :039: - Lol, you're pretty sick at Metal Slug. I enjoyed watching you play it!
7: OJ da Juiceman :falconmelee:- You had some sick moments in teams, LOL. Those sure were great...
9: Zachattax :marthmelee:- I don't understand why you kick yourself so much for losing, LOL. You're really not bad at all. Seriously, dude, just take some time to pat yourself on the back for the things you've done correctly in tournament. I can tell you right now that you're thinking of the game too fixedly. Whenever you encounter something you don't think you can beat, just assume that there is a counter to whatever thing it is that you've encountered. If you don't, you certainly won't improve anywhere near as fast. You play a perfectly capable character in a very well-developed game. There's a good chance that there's an at least decent workaround to most tactics you'll play against. For example, I can tell you with certainty that Marth is not helpless against Falco's lasers. Really, the thought alone tickles me.
9: Penguin :falconmelee: :falcomelee: - Ya, shame we didn't get to play more friendlies. Hopefully I'll end up coming through Dallas some other time.
9: Thoraxe :falcomelee: - I really enjoyed watching you and Gabe in teams together. You guys can become a really good team! You're good friends (I assume) who live in the same area and you're both around the same level so you can develop really well with each other. Pretty sweet. I have no dedicated teams partner. It's gay.
25: Violet :nessmelee: - Side-b

Other shoutouts:

In-N-Out: You guys are great.
The Dallas scene at large: You guys are great with TVs.

Top Bottom