• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DEHF's Guide to Pit

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
This thread is created to help every who wants play Pit develop and needs some help on how to play with him. If there is anything that I may have left out or are confused don't be shy to tell so I can fix it.

Standard Attacks

Jab Attack: If you hold the A button Pit will do 3 slashes with his swords this attack is good if you need to get some space from your opponent.
If you tap the A button pit will do two slashes and start twirling his swords around this good racking up damage and also for getting some distance.

F-Tilt: This is has a pretty decent knockback and can also push your opponent away if they are in their shield. This attack has quite a bit ending lag but has a decent amount of range.

D-Tilt: His quickest tilt, it sends the opponent straight up. This attack can be linked into his Uair at low damages.

U-Tilt: Has a lot of range, can be of great use when your opponent is above you on a platform.

Dash attack: At low damages it is good for comboing. Also,if the opponent is at high damamge it can be used as a killing move

Smash attacks

F Smash: One of Pit's killing moves, Pit slashes his sword twice. The first slash is used to bring the opponent closer to you and the sends them away. Also if you try to F smash your opponent in the air it will be harder to land the second strike.

D Smash: This attack is similar to Young Link's in melee, but with slightly less knockback. This attack is another of Pit's killing moves.

U Smash: Used solely to rack up damage. Pit will do multiple slashes above his head. this can also be used to hit your opponent when they're above you on platforms like his U Tilt. like his F Smash, the first attacks rack up damage and the final attack will send the opponent flying. Is also one of Pit's killing moves.

Aerials

Nair: This attack is great for keeping your distance from the opponent. Since Pit twirls his swords around his body, your opponent will have trouble approaching you.

Fair: Great for doing combos and has good range. Because this game gives you less knockback the more moves are used, the more you spam this move the more combos you can do with it.

Dair: Pit slashes everything above him, It sends the opponent up. It is good aerial use for spacing because you can hit your opponent and still be a fair distance away from them.

Uair: Can be a good killing move off the edge. It does a fair amount of range and a lot of moves can combo into this one.

Bair: Pit's strongest aerial and another one his killing moves. Out of all of his aerials it has smallest amount of range.

Throws

F Throw: Can combo into his dash attack. if your opponent is at low damage you can run at them and F throw them again. This is not a chaingrab it only works if your opponent has bad DI or does not dodgeroll.

D throw: Can combo into his Uair. The opponent does not get sent far.

U throw: This good for arrow spam. The opponent will be sent a good distance in the air which will give you time to them with a few arrows.

B throw: This is good throw to send your opponent off the edge. They will fly slightly above you and if DI towards you you will be able to hit them with the Bair when they're around low to mid damage.

Special Attacks

Neutral B: You will use these a lot. his arrows are very fast, can be curved, and can also be aimed up. You can also use this when you are returning the stage with a jump. I would recommend spamming it against the slower characters. We also have an arrow guide thanks to GamerGuitarist7.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=145647

Side B: Great for racking up damages. Try not to overuse this move because if the attack misses the opponent you will be greatly punished. This can also be used to reflect projectiles.

Down B: Can be of great used when you are trying to returned to the stage and projectiles are being throw at you. The shield can reflect projectiles and can also be used as a secondary way to block attacks when your other shield is about to break.

UP B: A great recovery, you can even fly under stages and grab the edge on the other side. Be careful when using this recovery though because if you get when you are doing this you cannot do it again until you touch the ground.

I plan on putting some examples of some of the things I mentioned from some matches so if you know of any videos shows things that I have mentioned or even another trick that I may have missed please PM me the link of the match and the time that it happens.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
This guide is okay. Up smash actually can kill, especially against characters like MetaKnight, Peach, and Jigglypuff. Pit can combo...but it's not reliable, even from low damage with a d-throw. You have to wait to catch them out of air-dodges and attacks usually.

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
Could you make a video of Pit's gliding and his glide attack. I've seen the video of Meta Knights around hryule glide thing but I'm just curious about Pit's glide.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
He explains everything really basically in a way that anyone can understand it. What's the problem?
mostly i get stuff beter if i can see it plus once again im a noob and i sorta know what a bair is and all that but not really is f-air forward airiel?

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
srry double but also good guide but all you really do is tell his moveset i was hoping for more techs and stuff cause i seen u play and ur amazing whats your secret? if you dont want to say thats ok to i guess if u dont want every pit player to become amazing

Inui

Banned via Warnings
srry double but also good guide but all you really do is tell his moveset i was hoping for more techs and stuff cause i seen u play and ur amazing whats your secret? if you dont want to say thats ok to i guess if u dont want every pit player to become amazing
Like...what? This game lacks advanced techniques for the most part. If you're asking for specific stuff, you're going to have to be more specific with your questions.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Post or PM me a question and I will answer it

Inui

Banned via Warnings
which grab seems most effective and why?
Situational.

Up throw is pretty bad from what I can tell.

Down throw is awesome at low damage because it can sometimes combo, especially on bigger chracters.

Use forward or back throws at higher damage to get people off the stage if you can, and then edgeguard them.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
imo his f throw is his best throw because at low damages it links into attacks and at high damage it sends people pretty far so that you can spam a few arrows

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Wait till our Double Pit/Pit and Kirby Teams matches are released. Then you can see some of our Pits in action. We placed 3rd and the only people we lost to were Gimpyfish/PsychoMidget and Lucky/Mango in a tournament with over 50 people so our Pits should be useful to watch.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
Wait till our Double Pit/Pit and Kirby Teams matches are released. Then you can see some of our Pits in action. We placed 3rd and the only people we lost to were Gimpyfish/PsychoMidget and Lucky/Mango in a tournament with over 50 people so our Pits should be useful to watch.
omg i cnat belive im talking to all these pros from youtube btw RW u pwn i watch u all the time on getyourtourament's channel ur sick u too DEHF btw DEHF did u change to zero also psychomidget and gimpy are really good lucky aswell i dont know mango ill look him up

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
It's funny u say that most people say I suck cause most of the matches they released are the ones of me losing, and when I first played brawl and played like a million different characters.

Edit: Yesterday I figured out how to use Pit's gliding attack better. It's really useful when playing against other characters with multiple jumps that will try to gimp you out of your up-b because it gives you a lot of distance(can go around any stage) and is fast.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
It's funny u say that most people say I suck cause most of the matches they released are the ones of me losing, and when I first played brawl and played like a million different characters.

Edit: Yesterday I figured out how to use Pit's gliding attack better. It's really useful when playing against other characters with multiple jumps that will try to gimp you out of your up-b because it gives you a lot of distance(can go around any stage) and is fast.
i didnt think u sucked i thought u were crazy lol were u that guy that played as wario in a tourney match i watched lots ur vids btw u have any idea when the touney u metioned earlier will be up is getyourtorunament youtube channel going to post it?

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Umm im not sure when it will be up my guess is this week and it will probably be up on the Get YourTournament channel. On a side note we have like 10 matches recorded, all doubles, and at least one of us uses Pit in all of them.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Gimpy played Metaknight and Psycho played Snake and they got 1st and 2nd in the singles tournament, respectively. Lucky was Marth(gay) and Mango was Puff, watch him, he got some sick rest combos on me :(

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
Gimpy played Metaknight and Psycho played Snake and they got 1st and 2nd in the singles tournament, respectively. Lucky was Marth(gay) and Mango was Puff, watch him, he got some sick rest combos on me :(
hey i was play ssb64 and wtf is jiggly downspecial she just sits there and falls asleep she doesnt regain health or anything i mean wtf

roman5hero

Smash Apprentice
hey i was play ssb64 and wtf is jiggly downspecial she just sits there and falls asleep she doesnt regain health or anything i mean wtf

is u land or roll into another charector and use it (down b) it is like the best kiling move in the game but is really hard to do on good players and has extremely lone lag ending

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
people I reccomend you watch DEHF's pit vids he has a real good pit.

Larry nice guide im tryin to pick up Pit lol for secondary and this helped
Tooooo GOooooD

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
What's Pit's gliding attack and does it have a lot of use?
At low damage, you can glide cancel it into an up-air, which combos on most characters and can do i think 26% off the bat.

obviously you can glide cancel it into other moves too, and i'm sure it has other uses as well.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
omg i cnat belive im talking to all these pros from youtube btw RW u pwn i watch u all the time on getyourtourament's channel ur sick u too DEHF btw DEHF did u change to zero also psychomidget and gimpy are really good lucky aswell i dont know mango ill look him up
I changed my name for one tourny and changed it back to DEHF :laugh:

Repryx

Smash Champion
^^^DEHF Dude Ur Combos on youtube Helped me Synthesize w. a few of my own Ideas to make new combos! So yeah...Ur cool...but I need some help beating Olimars...(then again Ive only played the game twice) and the Gliding attack can kill(to whoever asked) and be comboed out of...

ARROWS FTW!

nonamedn00b

Smash Cadet
Wait, which moves are the ones where he spins his blades and they look sort of like discs. I watched a few pit videos but from your description i can't tell which moves do that. I saw a few times where DEHF died doing that sideways.

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
I think you are talking about Pit's Side-b, the Angel Ring, the one where he yells the infamous "a-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da!!"

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Wait, which moves are the ones where he spins his blades and they look sort of like discs. I watched a few pit videos but from your description i can't tell which moves do that. I saw a few times where DEHF died doing that sideways.
it's his side b move

Repryx

Smash Champion
^^Its called his:

NENENENENENENENE Rhapsody!

DEHF I Challenge U to a Duel

*Glove Slap*

-Ciao

Repryx

Smash Champion
^^Lolz JK I just got done watching this episode of the simpsons

Glove slap, I dont take crap!

-Ciao

nonamedn00b

Smash Cadet
Double posting is an evil thing to do and people will flame you so don't or you will get this section messy like the Roy forums were with people spamming and double posting repeatedly about how great roy is!:mad:

Btw why did you, DEHF, use the move over the edge and die instead of recovering?

Top Bottom