• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Default Mii Gunner 1111 default weight is very good.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I initially wrote off Mii Gunner because the recovery looked so linear (no real options for horizontal recovery), until I realized you could reverse reflector and use Fair to recover.

This probably isn't the place to go into it, but Brawler isn't isn't much more limited than Fox for killing. Sure he can't throw out smashes like Mario, but he can definitely slap you around until something KOs you or you are left open for something stronger.

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
ROM's placement on Wombo Wednesday at Smash@SCU was pretty nice. He tied for Ninth out of of 129 entrants!
Mii Gunner also did pretty well at Genesis. ROM got 97th (Chibo and Wii Twerk Trainer also got 97th, but I am not sure about how often they used Gunner to get those rankings). While 97th isn't that great of a ranking for a character, it is still better than 10 other characters (not including 2 characters with the same rank and 9 characters that either were not played or did not get past the first pool), and it is also very good considering that none of the Gunner players were expected to make it out of the first pool. ROM also showed that Gunner is not a one trick pony, since he won 2-0 against a player that beat him 2-0.

Lvl99Gamer

Smash Cadet
Mii Gunner also did pretty well at Genesis. ROM got 97th (Chibo and Wii Twerk Trainer also got 97th, but I am not sure about how often they used Gunner to get those rankings). While 97th isn't that great of a ranking for a character, it is still better than 10 other characters (not including 2 characters with the same rank and 9 characters that either were not played or did not get past the first pool), and it is also very good considering that none of the Gunner players were expected to make it out of the first pool. ROM also showed that Gunner is not a one trick pony, since he won 2-0 against a player that beat him 2-0.
Is there a list or a graph or something that shows which characters got farthest in the ranking? I'd be pretty interested in that.

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
Is there a list or a graph or something that shows which characters got farthest in the ranking? I'd be pretty interested in that.
They have a list that shows how far each character got in Genesis 3 on the Character Competitive Impressions Thread. It is a link on post #8375 on page 210.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
This topic isn't about Genesis 3 or ROM in particular, but were any of his matches even recorded? I can't seem to find anything for them. Would love to see if he had any interesting tech we could incorporate into Gunner's quad1 one set.

His match against Ally at Wombo Wednesday left me hungry for more. :U

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
My group invited Rom and many other Japanese players such as rain, earth, Nietono, and others to our hotel room. I got to play many friendlies with Rom and oh my......His 1111 mii gunner is insane!!! ive never seen any gunner do half he s*** he does!!! he was so happy to know that Im also a gunner man. He is easily the best gunner in tthe world. he was so interesting to watvh.

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
Anyone got and videos of Rom in tournament? I'd really like to see this guy play.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
My group invited Rom and many other Japanese players such as rain, earth, Nietono, and others to our hotel room. I got to play many friendlies with Rom and oh my......His 1111 mii gunner is insane!!! ive never seen any gunner do half he s*** he does!!! he was so happy to know that Im also a gunner man. He is easily the best gunner in tthe world. he was so interesting to watvh.
This did not help at all. You have increased the already large curiosity, why you do dis.

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
This topic isn't about Genesis 3 or ROM in particular, but were any of his matches even recorded? I can't seem to find anything for them. Would love to see if he had any interesting tech we could incorporate into Gunner's quad1 one set.

His match against Ally at Wombo Wednesday left me hungry for more. :U
The only thing that I was able to find on YouTube was a set that he had at Wombo Wednesday against a Pikachu player named Nitro. It was amazing to see how he was able to punish Pikachu's quick attack so easily.

If anyone wants to watch this video, then you would have to search "ROM mii gunner" and narrow it down to this week.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I mean I saw that live, but it wasn't anything too special. Just stuff you normally do with Gunner lol.

Top Bottom