• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede's CG

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooki

Smash Cadet
I've recently started playing with Dedede and of course using his chain grab. I am reading through the Dedede character guide and it says that Pikachu can't be CG'd. However if Pikachu rolls away from Dedede you can hold the dash a little bit longer and then grab him again. Alternatively, if your opponent likes to roll towards you you can F-smash as soon as the grab animation completes itself and get that smash in. I don't know what can be used against someone that likes to recover by attacking/staying still/jumping. As far as I know this only works against Pikachu because his roll puts him at the exact places for both the smash and the longer dash-grab.

Any tips?

Also, I know that the F-smash doesn't constitute for CG'ing but it is an effective counter.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
This is exactly tech chasing good sir.

This isn't reliable because it relies on predicting the opponent.

This isn't only on pikachu its on every character but easiest to get it done on the characters D3 can't CG.

cooki

Smash Cadet
This is exactly tech chasing good sir.

This isn't reliable because it relies on predicting the opponent.

This isn't only on pikachu its on every character but easiest to get it done on the characters D3 can't CG.
Ah O.K. thanks.

But in order to help "predict" couldn't you just not CG a few times and see which way they are partial to? That way you could adapt. Or just throw Waddle Dees LOL.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
You just have to Dthrow them a couple of times and watch there patterns.

Next time you Dthrow them you'll know what they are going to do and you can respond and punish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom