• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede Jet Hammer shuffle glitch

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Hey. I discovered something about Dedede's down-B, and I'm not sure it's been posted anywhere (I searched). If you fully charge it up and tilt the control stick VERY slightly, the slightest walk you can possibly do, Dedede will "shuffle" across the stage really fast... It's quite hard to do but cool nonetheless.

Here's a video courtesy of Klisk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrkWeh87t1I

aeota

Smash Cadet
You're talking about dash animations? Does the Rocket Hammer have a dash? Any confirmations on this 'faster' rocket hammer movement?

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
I think this was purposely put into the game. You just get the ability to walk around when your rocket hammer is fully charged.

Klisk

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kurisuku
3DS FC
1478-4121-5479
No, this is definitely something different than you guys think. I just learned how to do it, but it's rather tricky. It does seem like a glitch.

If you tilt your joystick while the hammer is charged, you obviously waddle around. Which is normal. But there's a little threshhold where if you just BARELY tilt the joystick that Dedede will literally shoot across the screen -- The speed is a lot faster than DDD should be able to normally move, at least if you do it correctly. Like I said, it's not easy.

I'm going to go and try and make a video in a bit. It's really not going to be useful, I don't think, unless someone figures out how to make it work consistantly. But it does work, I can confirm the OP.

Redrazor

Smash Rookie
Well I definitely can't seem to do it. Do you tilt it just to the left or down some or what?

Klisk

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kurisuku
3DS FC
1478-4121-5479
Well I definitely can't seem to do it. Do you tilt it just to the left or down some or what?
I just made a video with my best attempt. I'm uploading it to youtube now. Will post it in a few minutes....

Anyhow, let me say, I've actually gotten it to work a LOT better than in this video where DDD moved somewhat faster/smoother. But for a quick little attempt to get it on video it's a fine example of exactly how it's done/what it looks lke.

You just tilt the joystick in your movement direction by the way. Just SLIGHTLY. I imagine that you'll have better luck with it if your gamecube joystick isn't worn and still retains it's full sensitivity, because that seems to be the name of the game.

Like I said before though... I don't see this being useful for competitive play at all unless someone REALLY figures it out and refines it. Seems somewhat unlikely, though.

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrkWeh87t1I

Good times. :laugh:

Redrazor

Smash Rookie
Alternating taps between the Analog stick and the C-Stick on a gamecube controller works to an extent...

EDIT: Have you tried it with the rumble off?

Klisk

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kurisuku
3DS FC
1478-4121-5479
Alternating taps between the Analog stick and the C-Stick on a gamecube controller works to an extent...

EDIT: Have you tried it with the rumble off?
C-stick response is weird... Doesn't seem to help much.

I'm actually getting a lot better at doing it, though. It's a cool little glitch. I've actually gotten myself to 'dash' across the stage rather nicely a few times now.

Vibration off.... Hahahaha. It doesn't work? Well it does, but barely. So the vibration in the controller is what causes this!?

sweetooth

Smash Ace
Dam*, I ignored this thread a lot at first, but that shi* was crazy. funny as hel* too. When you werent really moving i thought that was it, then that ***** just flew. lol

Redrazor

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I think it's the rumble combined with the slight tilt that creates very fast dash-stops (or whatever you want to call them).

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
Wow, that is definitely something I'd like to play with. I'm not gonna play with it until after I go to bed (it's 4am) but if I get it to work somewhat consistently, I'm pulling out the capture card.

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
what a CRAZY mindgame, you charge it up across the stage when your opponent is on the ledge, he rolls back on thinking he is safe...

BAM, you JET across the level and smack him with a facefull of hammer!

aeota

Smash Cadet
wow, I was rapidly tapping dash to get a minor speed boost over his run.. but this is insane! All i can say is... HOLY ****, good find. Rhammer ownage!

EDIT: About 5 mins of practice Im able to do it decently.. Its much easier for me if I put my (left hand) thumb to the side of the control stick and apply pressure, I can't control the minor amount of tilt if I have my thumb on the control stick.

Xenocide2400

Smash Rookie
LOL awesome find. I feel sorry for the person who gets there teeth blown out by a 400 pound peguin flying across the screen with a rocket hammer.

aeota

Smash Cadet
You basically hold the control stick to the left/right.. only very very slightly. Its almost at the default control stick position, slightly tilted. Just keep trying it, eventually youll get it. It has nothnig to do with 'down' on the control stick at all

ps: works with nonrumble controllers, i think its just the animation for starting a dash is broken

you can get pretty fast by just dashing repeatedly in a rhythm, but its nowhere near as fast as the vid

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
Yeah Aota, I call that Hammer Sliding. Tap the control stick (c-stick works too) very very rapidly (but still in a rhythm) and you do you dash animation over and over. The movement is very janky but quite a bit faster than regular walking. Plus you dont have to be fully charged. Since I discovered this trick I use the hammer a lot more.

cheifrocka

Smash Apprentice
wow that's snazzy. dedeblitzkrieg.

mindgames a little .. if anyone got good enough to work it into competitive play it would no doubt be planned around and punished though.

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
Lovage.. this thing we are talking about is MUCH faster than if you actually tapped forward. Seriously.

I'm getting it just fine without rumble.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
I know, they are seperate things. This Rocket Shuffling is a very precise movement which glitches you in between the dash and walk animations to shoot across the screen. You must be taking damage for it to work and its very hard. Hammer Sliding is when you spam tap forward to go faster than a walk, but no where near Rocket Sliding. This can be done at any charge and is much easier.

Klisk

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kurisuku
3DS FC
1478-4121-5479
Thanks Klisk.
No, thank you! :) Haha.

This is working for me fine without rumble now, just took a lot more practice. I've gotten good at it, I can hit it really quick/80-90% of the time now -- I'm going to make another video, eventually.

Mindgames galore! A few hours ago I pummelled someone with it unexpectantly during a 1v1, it's brilliant. I don't think it could EVER be done 100% due to the nature of the technique, but you can still get pretty reliable with it if you're persistent!

Frey

Smash Journeyman
Nice one zizz, Ill use it for sure.

Yo klisk I live in Pa on the Eastern side of it near philly, wanna exchange fc's and train together sometime?

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
I haven't practiced it lately, but I look forward to seeing it in a real fight. If there's a time it'll be useful, it's right now before alot of people know about it...

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
You must be taking damage for it to work and its very hard.
Nah, you can do it just as well after you hit the cap of 150%.

I was pretty good at it, but then when I switched from the wavebird, I suck at it now. You have to pretty much stick with one controller to get it consistently, because every controller is worn down differently. I aim to get real good at this though.

rigapeen

Smash Apprentice
has anyone tested what happens if you do it off a ledge?

cant test right now

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Dont let go basically, i got it a few times in short ranges
Argh, I just can't do it... :(

(So you HOLD it in the position for a little bit, and not just move it over and back right away?)

EDIT: lol.. I figured it out now. Dedede, you ARE the best penguin ever.

Illeist

Smash Rookie
Say, has anyone tried this with the wiimote? It's all I have at the moment and I haven't yet been able to do it.

Waddle

Smash Ace
Looked like he was just trotting around with his hammer. The range of that dash is huge though, could be pretty handy in certain situations, if you ever get that full charged blast that is.

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
It seems fairly impossible on the Wiimote, since it depends on being close but not quite at the walking animation.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Question. If you let go of the RHammer while in Rocket Shuffle (or whatever the hell it's name is) do you slide with momentum AND swing the hammer? Or does he immedeatly stop and THEN swing the hammer? Also, how difficult (I'm going to assume VERY) is it to change direction in mid Rocket Shuffle?

If momentum is combined with the hammer, I can see this being one of DeDeDe's most broken moves...I'm already shivering in combination delight/terror.

Waddle

Smash Ace
Okay, this is tougher than I thought it would have been lol. I cannot do this at all. Im not sure whether to hold the direction or tap it in that direction (like trotting). :_(.

Top Bottom