• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede + Hammer = Instant Win (1 hit KO)

S2

Smash Lord
Seems we know now what happens when Dedede uses hammers. He wields both it and his regular hammer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z57xqDFlOrM

Towards the end of the video Dedede gets a hammer (a regular one, not the gold) and kills Pikachu with one hit.

Pika goes from 0% to 26% for an instant KO.

I'd assume that the golden hammer is probably the same thing.

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
i noticed that too, pretty interesting just like how in melee if you had a beam sword with link you would use both, but this is a little more to the extreme, dedede looks sick though

Polostick

Smash Apprentice
they wont fix it. demo means that its redy and almost nothing will change except glitches. beta means that it will stay the same. and how will he hold both?.

S2

Smash Lord
It's a demo...
It will sure be fixed.
Aboul the double hammer, his normal hammer will probably be weaker.
I almost gurantee that Dedede's instant hammer kill is on purpose.

The animation is a dead-giveaway that he's got a special property with that item. Much like how in Melee, Samus' trademark was that she had no starting lag when swinging the bat. Making her ultra deadly with it, much more so than other characters (except maybe Sheik or Falcon, who also had specialized double-swings).

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I don't think that's a Demo version. I'm pretty sure it's the full version on display in a Japanese store a few days before the game's actual release.

Top Bottom