• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deck The Brawls

ftwgaming

Smash Cadet
Deck the Brawls
Tournament Date:
Saturday December 17th 2011
Format:
Doubles, Singles for Brawl
Time:
Doubles Games begin at 3:30 PM
Singles Games will begin after Doubles but not earlier then 6:30PM
-A note for anyone that hasn't been to a tournament we’ve thrown before:
This will be an all-day event. If you are participating in Doubles and Singles you will probably be there from around 3:30pm until 1am or later (depending on the number of entrants).
Refunds will not be given on the day of the tournament unless there is some emergency. The event will run until at least 11:30pm. If that’s too late for you, you might want to think twice about entering. We will determine whether or not your emergency is an actual emergency. Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on our part.
Gamer Fees:
Doubles: $10 admission per player ($20 per team)
Singles: $10 admission per player
Venue Fee: $ 3 per player

BRAWL RULES:
Rules= Stock
Stock = 3
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off

Both tournaments are Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the semifinals and finals best 3 out of 5.

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Smashville
-Final Destination
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpick Stages:
-Lylat Cruise
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Siege
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium 1

Prizes:
Singles
Less than 20 entrants:
1st Place – 45% of Singles Admission
2nd Place – 25%
3rd Place – Free entry to a future tournament

More than 20 but less than 50 entrants:
1st Place 40%
2nd Place 20%
3rd Place 10%

More than 50 entrants:
1st Place 35%
2nd Place 15%
3rd Place 10%
4th Place 5 %
5th/6th 2.5%

If there are between 20 and 50 players and a majority of the players vote to change the prize break up to the payouts for more than 50 entrants, we may change it to that. Otherwise the default is what we will use.

Doubles
Less than 12 teams:

First Place team will receive 45% of doubles admission
Second Place team will receive 25% of doubles admission
Third Place team will receive free admission to a future event
Greater than 12 teams:
First Place team will receive 40% of doubles admission
Second Place team will receive 20% of doubles admission
Third Place team will receive 10% of doubles admission
*NOTE*
If you hadn’t figured this out by now, the more people that enter, the higher amount of money you have a chance of winning at the end. So do us, and yourself, a favor and tell everyone you know about this. Share it on your Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, and Google+

Additional Information is available on the Facebook Event page located here:
http://on.fb.me/ssbbftw

222 North Union Street
Loudonville, OH 44842
Directions:
http://g.co/maps/r24jj

*NOTE*
FTW will provide all of the TVs and Wii systems to run the tournament but if anyone would like to bring in additional TV’s and consoles they will be used to set up friendly brackets downstairs.

ftwgaming

Smash Cadet
The 30% is to help us pay the out of pocket costs we've put out for this and the past tournaments. We spent almost $1000 of our own money trying to get equipment together for us to have these tournaments. We are currently renting a venue as well, so we're actually only keeping 10% for ourselves, in order to keep the "Venue fee" low, some of it is coming out of the house keepings as well.

Would it bet better for me to write that the entry fee is $8 and venue fee is $5?

It's not my first tournament, but it's the first time dealing with the Smash community and I don't want to start with a bad reputation.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I think it's just that we are used to the venue fee sort of covering things like that lol.

Also gonna try, & see if Greenup is up for this. =D

EDIT:Also is this a straight to bracket tourney, or is there gonna be pools? o-o

ftwgaming

Smash Cadet
December is finally here... The time is coming closer! I can't wait for this.. :)

Top Bottom