• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Decisive Games NewD3 Mafia (GAME OVER!)

Maven89

Smash Master
from the little i read of the last few pages i'm not opposed to a swiss flip but this game doesn't have the activity to swap

bessie

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it's Swiss or somitomi. I still think the mafia team is Eido and fonti.

fontisian

Smash Champion
We also have Eido and Wam. Wow, five potential possible votes, when we only need three! What a deal!

Maven89

Smash Master
yeah but i'm really wary cause if we slip up at all we get no lynch, and a bad lynch is better than no lynch day 1

If we had 5 or 6 i'd be down

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT v1.11 (FINAL D1 VOTE COUNT)

Somitomi (6): Wam, Gorf, Swiss, Maven, Fontisian, Eido

Swiss (1): Somitomi
Eido (1): Bessie
Fontisian (1): Laserguy

Not Voting (1): Sabrar

Somitomi has been eliminated by majority vote! Somitomi flips as the Mafia Goon!

NIGHT ONE BEGINS! PLEASE SUBMIT ALL NIGHT ACTIONS BY 4/22/2021 @ 12 A.M. MDT! Any actions not submitted by this deadline will not be counted and no action will be taken on your behalf. Day Two will not begin before this time period has expired.

Happy 4/20 everyone! :smash:

P.S. OP edited to include eliminated player list with links to EoD/SoD posts

Last edited:

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
wam and Swiss both look like pretty solid clears from that wagon.

I feel like fonti pushing Swiss wagon was a last-ditch effort to push away from somi after Maven claimed. Still liking this at the moment.

Vote: fonti

fontisian

Smash Champion

Seriously?

I was ****ing around and seeing what would happen. I didn't seriously think Swiss was going to get yeeted off me being like "Join the wagon of a lifetime!" three minutes to deadline.

It's obviously Eido:
1. He tried to make the Swiss wagon happen, despite him not actually thinking Swiss was scum.
2. He lacks the experience to realize it was too late in the Day, so when saw Sabrar's vote he panicked at the last second out of the hope he could save Somi.
3. When he voted Swiss, he specifically phrased it as "lets trust fonti." This is wolfy because:
3a. It's unlike any way he's treated me before, when he was town. Previously, he owned his decisions.
3b. It showed what he wanted. Eido desperately wanted you all to blindly trust my push and leave Somi.
4. Gorf and Sabrar both pushed Eido, and thought he was still likely scum at eod.
4a. They also both thought I was town.

Wam

Smash Ace
I was waiting for font to answer as theres one thing that doesn't make sense to me.

I dont see how you come to point 4 within 8 minutes of the day starting if you didnt know the NKs in advance.

But don't worry font if I'm wrong we can lynch eido tomorrow.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I was waiting for font to answer as theres one thing that doesn't make sense to me.

I dont see how you come to point 4 within 8 minutes of the day starting if you didnt know the NKs in advance.

But don't worry font if I'm wrong we can lynch eido tomorrow.
Oh, the nks weren't a factor, I thought it was Eido after I saw the Somi flip.

I brought them up because I was thinking about why they died (instead of Maven, for example) at the time you voted me. I think it's half that they were pushing Eido, half that Eido really needed to kill the other pr. (It was either a tracker or jailer, looking at the setup, and both are super dangerous to a lone scum.)

This actually connects to another reason Eido is a wolf: He said the setup was B1 (following up that it might be B2 in another post) after Maven claimed. If you look at how the setups are done:

• A1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Cop, Town Doctor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • A2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Jailkeeper, Town Tracker, 5x Town Vanilla
  • A3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Mason, Town Mason, 5x Town Vanilla
  • B1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Tracker, Town Friendly Neighbor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • B2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Jailkeeper, Town Friendly Neighbor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • B3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Tracker, Town Doctor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • C1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Cop, 6x Town Vanilla
  • C2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Jailkeeper, 6x Town Vanilla
  • C3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Mason, Town Mason, 5x Town Vanilla
Mafia can narrow down which letter they're in based on their team's composition. In this case, the team knew they were in a B world because they had a Rolecop. I think Eido citing the designation off the top of his head presumably without looking over the setup (or he also would have also seen B2) is pretty damning. He was thinking about the setups in a numerical way before anyone else because his wincon was helped by him figuring out which world he was in. Compare to how I talked about the setup, iirc, where I just shared what prs we were likely working with assuming Maven was telling the truth, and that if someone was, say, a Mason or Cop they should consider coming forward at some point to counterclaim him.

This is a bit of a wonky point that I'm not really expecting to convince anyone, it just has a lot of meaning to me.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Sidenote: We should actually make sure Maven is confirmed before I waste a lot of time arguing. Basically, if you are not Maven and are a pr, please claim. Otherwise, Maven is confirmed.

Top Bottom