• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dear Rumors: Suck it. Love From Sakurai

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
Why would the release date get pushed back? It's been announced. If for some reason they lied to us, then it better be because they're making sure the game will be Wi-Fi compatible.

I will have to say though, these Ice Climbers look pretty snazzy. At the same time however, I am not to excited on their return... wobbling is just so not cool. I hope they were nerfed. Badly.

TenshiOni

Smash Apprentice
^You could've just used the edit button, y'know.

Anyway, I was ecstatic when I saw the update. Always loved the lil' guys. Can't wait to brawl with them again.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Why would the release date get pushed back? It's been announced. If for some reason they lied to us, then it better be because they're making sure the game will be Wi-Fi compatible.
{*cough*The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess*cough*}

Hopefully, Brawl won't be pushed back. But I don't suspect it will. It looks like it's coming along very solid and I can see us getting it right on schedule.

DECEMBER 3RD FTW!!!

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Likewise, in America we tend to refer to a lot of things with some shades of red in them as blue just because it's simpler that way.
American here,

Please give an example of this; I have never heard of this in my life.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Sweet Peachy and Princess Peach 777 are the same person.
Notice how they bring up and repeatedly reply to their own stupid posts in inappropriate threads only to boost his/her own PC.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
American here,

Also, I'm pretty sure that Sweet Peachy and Princess Peach 777 are the same person.
Notice how they bring up and repeatedly reply to their own stupid posts in inappropriate threads only to boost his/her own PC.
your right Tak, its obvious that my worst enemy has somehow split herself into 2 equally annoying people...notice the overuse of smileys and short posts :evil:

and to Princess Peach 777:
I'm callin' u out babi...

Drake3

Smash Ace
Why yes, yes I did.

And I don't know why I'm going to respond to that inane suggestion, but Brawl's release date will not be pushed back. It's been postponed a year and is set to release cute and gimmick-like on the 6 year anniversary.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
and Metroid Prime 3, to a lesser extent.

I don't think they'll be pushing Brawl back without a good reason. As it stands, I think the game is A LOT further along in production than we know about. If I had to guess, I bet every stage and character is done and ready to play as, they're just handling balance work.

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
I laugh. Almost forgot about that.

Now we should probably move away from this whole possibility of Brawl getting postponed. Obviously, this isn't the topic for it. Sorry for my share of off-topicness..

*Shivers at the idea of wobbling in Brawl*

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Hopefully, Brawl won't be pushed back. But I don't suspect it will. It looks like it's coming along very solid and I can see us getting it right on schedule.

DECEMBER 3RD FTW!!!
I reserved the game in 2003, it was announced to come out in 2004, and it was releaseed at the end of 2006! :laugh: Longest delay ever! XD All because Miyamoto and Anouma couldn't deciede who was director, and who was the producer! :chuckle: But at least it was worth it. If Brawl gets pushed back, then so be it. If Europe, Australia, etc. can deal with it, so can we. So long as Japan would get delayed as well. If not...then I'm going to be p***ed at Nintendo forever. :mad:

*Johnknight1 is happy that wobbling probably won't be in Brawl, and Sakurai is giving Wobbles the Phoenix a dirty look for discovering his most feared secret*

Couldn't resist, ya know! :p

Edit: Bet Takeshi245 and others liked my vids two pages back! XD

vinternet

Smash Cadet
American here,

As in if someone pointed at the Ice Climbers, and said to you "which one is Popo?" Many people would say "the blue one" even though a little kid who is really anal-retentive about his Crayola colors would say "nuh uh he's lavender." Or something.

This article describes it better:
http://www.iht.com/articles/2002/09/28/rinaword_ed3_.php

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
One question: Are their multiple taunts now? IC’s old taunt is shown
That doesn't look like their old taunt to me. It just looks like them standing there.

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
we are not the same person:laugh:
talk a bout stupied
why should i make another name oh please:laugh:
and you can ask sweet peachy
and when i have brawl i will leave this site
so why should i bother and make another name
and is it bad that sweet peachy is the only one how is repling me

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
we are not the same person:laugh: Don't lie
talk a bout stupied You and Sweet Peachy do that enough for the rest of us
why should i make another name oh please:laugh: Because youre unsatisfied with this one but cant afford a premium membership to change it
and you can ask sweet peachy lol
and when i have brawl i will leave this site I bet sweet peachy wont
so why should i bother and make another name See above
and is it bad that sweet peachy is the only one how is repling me In every single topic you reply to, yeah
Ten characters.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
I am very happy to see Ice Climber made their debut in Super Smash Brother Melee, but it never fail to amazed me to see how they look in Brawl. They look so great and beautiful with new effects of new furry details.

I am looking forward to play as Ice Climber again in Brawl. :D

Drake3

Smash Ace
Maybe it's just because they're newer, but to me they sorta look better graphics-wise than everybody else. I can't remember if I felt this way about Link/Zelda/etc.

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
OMG.....
takun please stay in the topic you'er giving me a headache:(
and i told you it's not me:urg:
and if you don't belive me that's your lost

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Is it just me, or does there seem to be a real enthasis on the hammers in their screenshots? It almost looks like they're carrying them around all the time O.o

Maybe I'm just going crazy...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Why can't Ness AND Lucas make the cut?

The Earthbound series runs like the Final Fantasy series. It would be like saying: "Cloud and Sephiroth won't get in because despite their game being so popular it's not the series' most recent game. Vaan and Vayne will be in."

(This was taken from a fantasy world where FF characters have a chance of getting in Brawl.)

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Why can't Ness AND Lucas make the cut?

The Earthbound series runs like the Final Fantasy series. It would be like saying: "Cloud and Sephiroth won't get in because despite their game being so popular it's not the series' most recent game. Vaan and Vayne will be in."

(This was taken from a fantasy world where FF characters have a chance of getting in Brawl.)
Oh no I wasnt saying they both shouldnt make the cut to be in Smash bros..I was just saying that because since Ness was originally gonna be replaced by Lucas in Melee..but he wasnt since MOTHER 3 was delayed....but...now that the game is out...Ness might actually be replaced this time... :(

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Well, They just aren't diffrent enough, Lucas and Nees use the same artillary, have the same abilities, do practically the same stuff. Having both of them in would be redundant and a waste of a character space.
Do you know how many different PSI and PK abilities there are in the Mother series' games? I will bet there are more than an ample amount of attacks for Lucas that aren't being used by Ness.

And basically, now you're saying that just because they're both telekenetic and from the same series and have simliar body types they would have to be clone-like. Ummm... let's all take a gander at Ike, shall we? Looks like he's going to be playing a lot different than Marth did in Melee, even with the fact that they're both sword wielder from the same series and have similar body types.

Top Bottom