• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dealing with Fox's shines off stage

Poopmaister6000

Smash Rookie
Hey Jigglyfriends.

I'm having a lot of trouble during friendlies with my training partner. He plays Fox and gets early shine kills off stage very often. When I watch top puff vs fox matches it seems like the Fox rarely goes for this. Am I missing something? How am I supposed to counter this and what do I have to do to make sure that the Fox is afraid to come at me off stage?

Thank you.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
When fighting Fox as Puff, off-stage is your area. Don't let him intimidate you out there, it is your territory. Since he needs to be so close to you to shine, when he tries that off stage, anticipate his movement and pound first or Nair. Now it is him on the defensive trying to recover, and you should bair him away.

Last edited:

Ninjagamer1234

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ninjagamer1234
You can easily bait out the shine then bair him so he the fox is put into an edgeguard situation

Top Bottom