• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dealing with Falco?

!nput3rror

Smash Rookie
I played in a local tournament recently, and struggled heavily with Falco players. Specifically, I had issues dealing with fair ledge recoveries and creating good neutral spacing. Anyone have any advice for these aspects of the matchup? Thanks in advance for any advice or help!

!nput3rror

Smash Rookie
if that's the case then this matchup shouldn't be any problem, abuse your speed.
Thanks. That makes sense for the neutral, I did play a bit more timid than usual (first Sm4sh tourney). How does that help with fair recoveries though? I tried short hop nair, but could never get that to beat it.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
don't challenge falco's fair, just whiff punish it. if you're up close, jab is really good since it's better than falco's. falco is really slow on the ground, so you can abuse whiff punishing in general. this also lets you press the benefits of stage control when you get it even more. provided that you don't seriously mess up, you can attempt to hit him off-stage and subsequently gimp him with little risk. when falco uses phantasm, the hitbox is behind him, so any hitbox you put in front of him will land if timed properly.

edit: falco's forward smash reaches under the ledge and will never clank, so falcos that know what they're doing can 2 frame punish you on the ledge, so recovering low is dangerous.

Last edited:

Zmac122

Smash Cadet
this is the smash 4 falcon board, here's a link to the melee falcon board : http://smashboards.com/forums/captain-falcon.66/
Savage.

I played in a local tournament recently, and struggled heavily with Falco players. Specifically, I had issues dealing with fair ledge recoveries and creating good neutral spacing. Anyone have any advice for these aspects of the matchup? Thanks in advance for any advice or help!
I use to think flaco was hard also. Here's what I did on falcon to make things better in that match up. You need to understand falcos moveset. Play at least 40 games as falco to figure out his options. When you understand at least some of the basic combos you can understand how to avoid them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom