• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DB's Unofficial P:M Alts - OoT Sheik Done

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Well, I suppose another Samus alt never hurt anyone. Here's to just having another DB alt in general.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
i hope that light suit samus will at least get a dark suit samus to complete her metroid prime suits. Also, someone needs to make a good dark samus model. The one in the brawlvault is actually pretty good, but the textures are poor, and there are no shiny materials/shaders.

Is the fusion suit samus finished?

DemonBoy

Banned via Warnings
Nah, that's really it. A retexture and a metal CLANG sound would be it.
The CLANG sound would be something to bring up with @KingJigglypuff . ;)
Yeah, that sounds good to me too.
Maybe DB and KJP could collab it? :surprised:
Actually if KJP is able to add a metal CLANG sound effect then I'll definitely do it. I think it would be better like that, because we could release it as a collab instead of having two separate downloads.

i hope that light suit samus will at least get a dark suit samus to complete her metroid prime suits. Also, someone needs to make a good dark samus model. The one in the brawlvault is actually pretty good, but the textures are poor, and there are no shiny materials/shaders.
Is the fusion suit samus finished?
Well I could do dark suit but that would fill up the 2 alts per character rule for Samus.

Velen still hasn't finished those textures for me, but i'm going to go ahead and release it with the brawl trophy textures. This might take a little while anyway since there are a couple extra textures I have to make, Mostly to take advantage of Samus original shaders and whatnot.

Also, No one could see it since I never added the transparency to the visor yet, but she has her face under there.

Would you guys like the transparency? Should I make one with and without?

As for OoT/Melee Zelda, I've decided to re-model her using her melee model as a base. I didn't like where it was going with her brawl model since it was vastly different from her OoT look unlike Sheik. This will take a little longer to complete, but will in turn give it better quality. At least I hope.

Rage83

Smash Ace
I'd love the transparency visor. :)
The best thing to do would be to have both be an option, for everyone's preferences.

BelmontSlayer

Smash Cadet
I'd love the transparent visor too.

Glad to hear the Light Suit will be your next project. I honestly couldn't believe it when Samus didn't get a single alt with 3.0. She just has so much potential. Thanks for giving her the love she deserves!

Just wondering though, will you be doing the white ZSS costume to go along with it too? That would be such an amazing pair.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I think the reason she didn't get an alt was because she had too many to pick from and still satisfy a wide variety of fans. Along with that all of the alt costumes have something in common, they don't power up the character in the slightest so some of Samus' do power her up quite a bit so maybe that's why?

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
cloned charizard please, no clue why they added that salamence ripoff color for 3.0 instead of this guy.

I've seen that in the Brawl Vault so many times, it's not even funny. All of them are actually pretty good because it's not hard to add spots to a character.

Also by every technicality, that Charizard is a completely different Charizard which might be another reason why they didn't add it in.

With that said, here you go kind sir. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=12468

DemonBoy

Banned via Warnings
Got a couple preview images of Fusion Suit from Velen.
The textures are looking pretty neat.

As for that clone Charizard talk, I could allow it since they both look really similar, but there are already quite a few good ones already on the vault.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Quick question, on the Brawl Vault page of your works it says that OoT Shiek and Conductor TL are 'import model textures'. I'm not too privy on custom content, but what does that mean? Does this mean that it doesn't have the same hitboxes/hurtboxes as the original and therefore can't be used in a tournament setting?

Rage83

Smash Ace
@ Sharkz Sharkz it meaqns that they aren't vertexes of the standard Brawl models, the reason being that they actually have some original model parts to them.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
@ Sharkz Sharkz it meaqns that they aren't vertexes of the standard Brawl models, the reason being that they actually have some original model parts to them.
So then they aren't the exact same character? I wouldn't be able to use these costumes in a competitive setting, correct?
Or is it just like changes to the clothing, hair, and such and there aren't any actual changes to hitboxes?

DemonBoy

Banned via Warnings
Quick question, on the Brawl Vault page of your works it says that OoT Shiek and Conductor TL are 'import model textures'. I'm not too privy on custom content, but what does that mean? Does this mean that it doesn't have the same hitboxes/hurtboxes as the original and therefore can't be used in a tournament setting?
They are model imports, Yes, But I made sure only to edit the appearance of the character and nothing else.
They are exactly the same, save for the different hair, clothes, ect.

DemonBoy

Banned via Warnings
Heya guys, any good stage makers out there?
Reason I ask is because I just remembered I had put this together and would hate to see it go to waste.

I'm terrible at importing stages, so I was wondering if anyone wanted collab with me.

Lakitwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lakitwo
Heya guys, any good stage makers out there?
Reason I ask is because I just remembered I had put this together and would hate to see it go to waste.

I'm terrible at importing stages, so I was wondering if anyone wanted collab with me.
I wouldn't call myself GREAT at stages, but that looks like fun. Mind if I give it a try?

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
So...any plans of doing Toon Sheik?
I found a great Toon Zelda texture on Brawl Vault, but the Toon Sheik ones are awful

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I found a great Toon Zelda texture on Brawl Vault, but the Toon Sheik ones are awful
I've seen two Toon Zeldas, one was over Toon Link (which breaks his rules), the other was a size mod for Zelda (which I highly doubt he's doing but I don't know)

DemonBoy

Banned via Warnings
I wouldn't call myself GREAT at stages, but that looks like fun. Mind if I give it a try?
Neat. Send me a PM so we can chat.

While it sounds fun and technically fits my rules, I won't be able to do it.
I hate trying to create sizemods and generally have a bad time with it.
Sizemods can also create problems with other things on the character so I tend to avoid using them.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Neat. Send me a PM so we can chat.

While it sounds fun and technically fits my rules, I won't be able to do it.
I hate trying to create sizemods and generally have a bad time with it.
Sizemods can also create problems with other things on the character so I tend to avoid using them.
I'm a on roll here. How's the progress on your current project btw?

DemonBoy

Banned via Warnings
I'm a on roll here. How's the progress on your current project btw?
Honestly, I haven't done anything with Light Suit or Zelda yet. I've been caught up with other things.
I do have everything I need to get started though.

Also if all goes well, I could become part of the PMBR. Even if I don't I'll still have fun making these unofficial alts.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Honestly, I haven't done anything with Light Suit or Zelda yet. I've been caught up with other things.
I do have everything I need to get started though.

Also if all goes well, I could become part of the PMBR. Even if I don't I'll still have fun making these unofficial alts.
About time! so i means that some of your unofficial alts could become ofiicial, sweet!
Also i would like to see a Dark Suit alt. for Samus, but not now, of course, because i understand that working on one character becomes pretty boring.

DemonBoy

Banned via Warnings
i love how every alt costume related thread always ends up largely about samus.
it not even like people are trying, it just...happens
I think it's mostly because she quite a few options to choose from thanks to her many suits.
That and because the suits do look pretty stylish.

ztechlink

Smash Rookie
Can You try importing Melee Peach's model?? It'd be great if you could cause her brawl model sucks -__________-

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
That's not an imported model of Melee Peach. That's an edited version of the brawl model, which could have been done somewhat better with any honesty.
Ah, really? I didn't really pay much attention to the pictures or description and I remembered that KTH has imported a bunch of Melee Chars already so I assumed that this was a genuine model.

My bad.

Top Bottom